AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/Zero - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107240)

Klashikari 2011-10-01 12:18

Fate/Zero - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Zero, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Addendum regarding Fate/Zero:
Please remember that, although Fate/Zero is chronologically the prequel of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, this series might be discovered by those who did not watch the previous series or read the Visual Novel.
Therefore, although events are likely to be connected with the story regarding the 5th Holy Grail War, please do not post any F/SN spoiler in any F/Z thread.

Nosauz 2011-10-01 12:37

Chibi rin, aka illya, chibi sakura? that's a win in my book, although the pacing is a little awkward considering this is 2 cour, it has a lot to setup. Not gonna lie teared up 3-4 times this episode, shows how good FSN is.
Spoiler for quote from the episode:

definitely a great episode

ChronoReverse 2011-10-01 12:38

Very very wordy episode but I suppose it has to be to setup everything. Hints that will be recalled in the future are already sprinkled in the episode.

The part where Kotomine's dad and Tokiomi pace around him was a lol moment for me.

Kariya and Sakura =(

Excited for the next episode.

Nosauz 2011-10-01 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 3787612)
Very very wordy episode but I suppose it has to be to setup everything. Hints that will be recalled in the future are already sprinkled in the episode.

The part where Kotomine's dad and Tokiomi pace around him was a lol moment for me.

Kariya and Sakura =(

Excited for the next episode.

This entire episode was ;__; or T__T, god damn.

"Kirei no baka" birth of the best tsun

.:Jason:. 2011-10-01 12:47

Very good episode. Good to see that it's helping to make things easier for necomers to the series. Definately will keep watching.

As far as the OP goes, I feel it's quite catchy and it somewhat fits. The visuals help give it that feeling as well.

Cherry_Lover 2011-10-01 12:52

Yeah, the whole thing with Sakura is just really sad. Particularly the bit at the end where Kariya promises to take her to see her family again.

:upset:

alumnox 2011-10-01 12:53

totally awesome. I was afraid they could mess up the novel prologue

gecd 2011-10-01 13:16

the animation quality..oh wow
I wonder if they able to keep up this quality for the rest of episodes

Proto 2011-10-01 13:22

And so another candidate for anime of the year starts...

AdamEndless9 2011-10-01 13:32

I loved this episode! This was a fantastic start to the Fate/Zero anime, great seeing the novel animated. I feel everything was done excellently. The animation quality was awesome, I like the opening theme a lot, and it did a great job with the Fate/Zero story. I can't wait to see the next episode!

MagicaLideaL 2011-10-01 13:43

The episode loads very slow but the comments are making me laugh really hard. Someone just said something like this :" Just hold the baby and make her shut up". Who's that priest holding the baby(Shiro?)

Nosauz 2011-10-01 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL (Post 3787706)
The episode loads very slow but the comments are making me laugh really hard. Someone just said something like this :" Just hold the baby and make her shut up". Who's that priest holding the baby(Shiro?)

I only had 2 min of comments to load, should i rewatch with comments, i wouldn't mind, since right now im just spamming the op over and over, still can't get over how awesome this episode was

Sheba 2011-10-01 14:25

This episode made me feel sorry for Kariya already.

MagicaLideaL 2011-10-01 14:26

Terrible old man, is there a need to throw Sakura into those insect pool. Nooooo

Cherry_Lover 2011-10-01 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL (Post 3787748)
Terrible old man, is there a need to throw Sakura into those insect pool. Nooooo

Yeah, he's a monster. I didn't think it was possible to hate him more than I already did, but that first episode managed it....

Kouvley 2011-10-01 14:42

Excellent start, very dialog heavy but I was fully engrossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 3787612)

Yeah, they went a bit overboard with that scene :heh:

Yuna Amakura 2011-10-01 15:46

It was a good start. A bit slow at some moments perhaps, but it achieved its intention of being an introductory episode.
Even if I didn't watch in HD for obvious reasons, the animation still manages to stand out. Really nice.
The OP for me was really bleh. Not only the song but also the scenes. If you ever write an article about how cliche an opening can be, you can just use F/Z's as an example.
As for the OST, some nice songs here and there. Many SFX songs, as expected. The song that plays at the very end of the episode with Tokyo Konsei and Yuri Kasahara was very good and it's already one I'm looking forward to.
Overall, nice episode. Looking forward to the next one.

tsunade666 2011-10-01 15:47

Fate 01
Spoiler:

This episode doesn't have much more to say but just the start of everything. But the animation shows promising and I hope it won't turn up and down in the middle of the story or battle.

MagicaLideaL 2011-10-01 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3787829)
Fate 01
Spoiler:

This episode doesn't have much more to say but just the start of everything. But the animation shows promising and I hope it won't turn up and down in the middle of the story or battle.

WTF? I thought the worm was just some powerup worms! Lust worm?!
The introduction of characters for this episode is too packed together and causes a lot of confusion. I needed help from the myanimelist to get a hold of who they really are.

Nerroth 2011-10-01 16:10

The scrolling comments on the official feed are quite off-putting...