AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2008-10-27 06:30

perhaps Gn Axe Super Beam Saber mode for big beam blade? lol

RAVNEN 2008-10-27 07:10

Cherudim ass GN Drive look so suicide to me.Imagine someone skillfull & crazy like Ali Al Sachez could easily shoot that GN Drive when Cherudim deploy the bits. Then Lyle gonna say "OMG my suit butt" :heh:

Anyway I was hoping there will more MG kit be release, like Verde Buster or Blu Duel. Cherudim pistol look like it will have beam saber,maybe the 1/100 version will have it.:D

duckroll 2008-10-27 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Revolution (Post 2016835)
from what I read in the manual ( mm, my JPese skill is not high so ..) the beam pistol of Cherudim has beam coating and can be used to counter enemy's beam saber .
Look at the blade located below the pistol...can we hope for an GN axe ?:D

The GN Beam Pistol II folds up into a GN Axe, yes. The blurb on the weapon in the manual specifically states that the Cherudim has no sword, so the beam pistol's other form is the only means of melee combat.

The Holoscreen is used for Transam shooting mode, and provides the Meister with all the information and assistance he needs to aim and shoot at his enemies.

The alternate mode for the GN Sniper Rifle II is a Triple Vulcan Rifle. When Cherudim needs to engage in medium to close range combat, it uses that as a range weapon instead.

justavisitor 2008-10-27 10:00

So no Gn missiles for Cherudim?? or will it be on 1/100 model??

In my opinion, the biggest suprise (and the best) close range weapon for Dynames was Gn missiles XD...seriously, how Ali could avoid them while dueling with Dynames back in season 1 is beyond me

LoweGear 2008-10-27 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 2017256)
So no Gn missiles for Cherudim?? or will it be on 1/100 model??

In my opinion, the biggest suprise (and the best) close range weapon for Dynames was Gn missiles XD...seriously, how Ali could avoid them while dueling with Dynames back in season 1 is beyond me

Given that the GN Shield Bits already act as beam-gun equipped funnels, GN Missiles would be overkill... though I certainly like the thought. :)

ElldenStorm 2008-10-27 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2017269)
Given that the GN Shield Bits already act as beam-gun equipped funnels, GN Missiles would be overkill... though I certainly like the thought. :)

Is it confirmed that they're remote beam weapons, yet? I was under the impression that they were strictly defensive, atleast at this point.

justavisitor 2008-10-27 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2017269)
Given that the GN Shield Bits already act as beam-gun equipped funnels, GN Missiles would be overkill... though I certainly like the thought. :)

Cherudim still has front skirt armours lol...come on, Ian makes us pround and put some GN missiles there

@ElldenStorm: someone has translated that the shield bits has hidden offensive ability...

LoweGear 2008-10-27 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElldenStorm (Post 2017275)
Is it confirmed that they're remote beam weapons, yet? I was under the impression that they were strictly defensive, atleast at this point.

LightningZERO translated the profile on the HG manual:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO
GN Shield Bits are mounted on Cherudim. They can be detached and controlled from long distance. A function unique to Cherudim. The Shield Bits can be used for defense, and store Beam Gun for offensive purposes as well.


ElldenStorm 2008-10-27 10:34

Wow... Cool to know about the bits... Though I'm still disappointed with the no beam saber aspect... I mean seriously! Those GN Axe Blades on the Pistols are Knife Scale blades! Do the people writting this show have any concept of how difficult and dangerous knife fighting is? Let alone a knife versus a sword? Believe me, out of all forms of combat, I think the one I would perfer to avoid at all costs would be a knife fight! The very thought just scares the shit out of me because I've seen knife wounds before (superficial though they were), and I used to fence and have some concept of other types of swordsmenship aswell... Trust me, Knife Fighting is a no-go, lose-lose scenario typically with both parties eviscerating one another on sheer adreneline.

LoweGear 2008-10-27 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElldenStorm (Post 2017314)
Wow... Cool to know about the bits... Though I'm still disappointed with the no beam saber aspect... I mean seriously! Those GN Axe Blades on the Pistols are Knife Scale blades! Do the people writting this show have any concept of how difficult and dangerous knife fighting is? Let alone a knife versus a sword? Believe me, out of all forms of combat, I think the one I would perfer to avoid at all costs would be a knife fight! The very thought just scares the shit out of me because I've seen knife wounds before (superficial though they were), and I used to fence and have some concept of other types of swordsmenship aswell... Trust me, Knife Fighting is a no-go, lose-lose scenario typically with both parties eviscerating one another on sheer adreneline.

Well, the Cherudim was not meant to get into knife-fights, being a ranged sniper unit and all. The GN Pistols are most likely just a last-ditch effort, instead of being the primary weapons. Dynames itself only went melee twice in Season 1, and Neil only went melee on Ali because of his rage.

And I think this should go into the mecha and tech thread :heh:

LoweGear 2008-10-28 01:00

HG 1/144 Cherudim Gundam review

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/ph...27/photo_2.jpg

Exia_00 2008-10-28 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2017323)
Well, the Cherudim was not meant to get into knife-fights, being a ranged sniper unit and all. The GN Pistols are most likely just a last-ditch effort, instead of being the primary weapons. Dynames itself only went melee twice in Season 1, and Neil only went melee on Ali because of his rage.

And I think this should go into the mecha and tech thread :heh:


and should Lyle want to go mele because of his rage?

LOL i can see it Cherudim vs Ali throne watever it is and Cherudim flying after him with the GN pistol knives, its quite impractical, arent beam sabers standard weaponry?

Chiu_fan 2008-10-28 04:01

Here's another Hg 1/144 Cherudim Gundam reviewl
http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_no_toriko/DSCF09761.jpg

Sir Dearka 2008-10-28 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 2019020)

Wow, that's a beauty :hyper-^v^: I've just decided. I'm getting the 1/144

Double_Edge 2008-10-28 04:51

You know
what would be
hecka tight? If Lyle
uses the GN Bits to form a little
plane he could stand on (like justice
Gundam) and fly around. It would also
be really neat if he disassembled them and
used them to crash and push enemy mobile suits.
That's one of the clever tricks Kira would do...before
he got his beam spam on.

EDIT: No offense, but Cherudims scope think on his head is lame compared to Dynames. That red crystal thing just....flips up. Looks kinda flimsy. I don't think anyone would complain if they reused Dynames' dropdown V-Fin thingy.

Sir Dearka 2008-10-28 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double_Edge (Post 2019079)
You know
what would be
hecka tight? If Lyle
uses the GN Bits to form a little
plane he could stand on (like justice
Gundam) and fly around. It would also
be really neat if he disassembled them and
used them to crash and push enemy mobile suits.
That's one of the clever tricks Kira would do...before
he got his beam spam on.

EDIT: No offense, but Cherudims scope think on his head is lame compared to Dynames. That red crystal thing just....flips up. Looks kinda flimsy. I don't think anyone would complain if they reused Dynames' dropdown V-Fin thingy.

Soo many SEED references. And why so many "enters" between the lines? ;)

I like the bits idea, though. And I kinda admit that I find the fact one could place them to form various shapes according to his will very appealing.

As for the red crystal flip, I don't have anything against it. I think they could've done better, but at least they did not just rip off Dynames' gimmick. That's a plus for me.

RAVNEN 2008-10-28 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2019102)
Soo many SEED references. And why so many "enters" between the lines? ;)

I like the bits idea, though. And I kinda admit that I find the fact one could place them to form various shapes according to his will very appealing.

As for the red crystal flip, I don't have anything against it. I think they could've done better, but at least they did not just rip off Dynames' gimmick. That's a plus for me.

Does the holo sight need to be paint?

The bits can form according to his will indeed interesting,thank god it can't form into Feldt face.:heh:

The red crystal flip is one of my favourite feature.So I gave it 10/10 rating.:D

duckroll 2008-10-28 05:40

Another HG Cherudim review: http://taste.style.coocan.jp/hobby081018.htm

I think this is the best one yet. He has some really awesome poses and ideas for the Shield Bits in the last few photos. :o

LoweGear 2008-10-28 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2019116)
Does the holo sight need to be paint?

Yes, along with the red forehead sight and the transparent part on the GN Sniper Rifle.

Raven Revolution 2008-10-28 06:38

hmmm , I m newbie to model kit so i have one question ...
How can I paint the translucent part while keeping its translucent property ? What kind of paint do I need to do that ?
Thx ^^

LoweGear 2008-10-28 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Revolution (Post 2019194)
hmmm , I m newbie to model kit so i have one question ...
How can I paint the translucent part while keeping its translucent property ? What kind of paint do I need to do that ?
Thx ^^

They sell clear paints for those kinds of jobs, I think Tamiya's most likely to have such paints available.

RAVNEN 2008-10-28 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2019184)
Yes, along with the red forehead sight and the transparent part on the GN Sniper Rifle.

Thanks,look like I've to improve my painting skill,I suck at painting since kindergarten.:D

duotiga 2008-10-28 07:31

I think i gonna get Cherudim 1st before Gn-x III ^^;

Dynames & Cherudim

http://i38.tinypic.com/15e78k6.jpg

SD 00 Gundam review

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/bl...0/27/photo.jpg

Kelrys 2008-10-28 08:20

So Cherudim is darker :D

duotiga 2008-10-28 09:34

Another Cherudim Gundam review

i suspect the lines on the shield bits are the beam barrel?

MeesesGlokmah 2008-10-28 09:51

Question:

Is $45 for 3 1/144 HG models (Virtue, Graham's Custom Flag, 00) a good deal? It seems the exchange rate between Japan and the US has gotten worse.

NoOneKnowS 2008-10-28 11:19

I really didn't like Cherudim's design at first(/mostly the feet lol) But now, wth, it's even more cooler than 00. I need money.........fast................

LightningZERO 2008-10-28 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 2019263)
I think i gonna get Cherudim 1st before Gn-x III ^^;

Dynames & Cherudim

http://i38.tinypic.com/15e78k6.jpg

SD 00 Gundam review

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/bl...0/27/photo.jpg

Cherudim does look more and more awesome

Love the BB 00 Gundam! :D

MeesesGlokmah 2008-10-28 12:16

Question:

Is $45 for 3 1/144 HG models (Virtue, Graham's Custom Flag, 00) a good deal? It seems the exchange rate between Japan and the US has gotten worse.

Edit: This is including the shipping already.

Sir Dearka 2008-10-28 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2019673)
Question:

Is $45 for 3 1/144 HG models (Virtue, Graham's Custom Flag, 00) a good deal? It seems the exchange rate between Japan and the US has gotten worse.

Edit: This is including the shipping already.

To me, it's a tremendously great price. But i don't know about the rest.

Now I can see 1/100 Cherudim coming. Looking at the comparison with Dynames I am surprised to say that the darker scheme of the newer suit is much more appealing to me.

MeesesGlokmah 2008-10-28 13:17

^^Thanks for the help.

Hey I just found an interesting article regarding models.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...ag=mncol;title

Now we can create our own Gundams!

RAVNEN 2008-10-28 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2019768)
^^Thanks for the help.

Hey I just found an interesting article regarding models.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...ag=mncol;title

Now we can create our own Gundams!

No kidding,model kit expresso device.That probably the most valuable & innovative design in world history.(from Gundam fanatics view,of course):D

Someone could easily make fortune from that machine.

Scavenger 2008-10-28 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2019768)
^^Thanks for the help.

Hey I just found an interesting article regarding models.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...ag=mncol;title

Now we can create our own Gundams!

That enables illegal downloading of gunpla. Oh yeah!

I'd love to see someone make illegal 3D copies of Gundam kit runners and spread them on the internet. :D

Derringer 2008-10-28 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 2019400)
Another Cherudim Gundam review

i suspect the lines on the shield bits are the beam barrel?

The shield bits don't have guns on themselves. The profile says it can STORE guns.

console65 2008-10-28 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derringer (Post 2020048)
The shield bits don't have guns on themselves. The profile says it can STORE guns.

Like what? Store guns how? This doesn't make sense.

duotiga 2008-10-28 18:59

Found Another HG Cherudim Review

http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max/HG_Cherudim-59.JPG

console65 2008-10-28 19:21

I'm not too sure about the GN Shield "Bits". One shot from Dynames's GN Pistol can blow up a GN Fang. Knowing that, I'm not so sure if these Shield bits can deploy to create a shield and take on incoming fire from GN particle weapons. What makes this remote weapon any different?

LightningZERO 2008-10-28 21:48

Although multipurpose, the bits are called GN Shield Bit , and their biggest function is defense. They probably are made from the same material as other Gundams' shields, and maybe able to project small GN Field as well

LoweGear 2008-10-28 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by console65 (Post 2020397)
I'm not too sure about the GN Shield "Bits". One shot from Dynames's GN Pistol can blow up a GN Fang. Knowing that, I'm not so sure if these Shield bits can deploy to create a shield and take on incoming fire from GN particle weapons. What makes this remote weapon any different?

Given that they're called "GN Shield Bits", they're probably far tougher and more reinforced to accomodate their defensive role than the primarily offensive GN Fangs.

RAVNEN 2008-10-29 00:18

I need some opinion about Gundam Saviour 1/100 model kit,from my first imperession the kit look good. I'm thinking of buying it but I need some opinion for it.:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:19.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.