AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/Zero - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107770)

Vicious108 2011-10-26 21:30

My (fairly obvious) guess would be the end of the war, but who knows.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2011-10-26 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze (Post 3826740)
Great episode, and wonderful fight, I do wonder what their counting down too at the end of each episode, the length of the series it self, or is there something story-wise?

I kept wondering about that as well at first, but (like Twilight) I've also come to asume its a countdown to the end of the war.

JPZ 2011-10-26 23:27

yes it is a countdown to the last battle of the war, the novel is written the same way with annotations of time between each chapter.

MagicaLideaL 2011-10-27 07:46

There is a part i do not understand.

Why can't the servant just tell their opponent their name and keep concealing it?

DragoZERO 2011-10-27 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPZ (Post 3826898)
yes it is a countdown to the last battle of the war, the novel is written the same way with annotations of time between each chapter.

I figured it was to the end of the war. It divides into a little over a week, after all.

Haak 2011-10-27 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL (Post 3827317)
There is a part i do not understand.

Why can't the servant just tell their opponent their name and keep concealing it?

You mean why do servants have to conceal their names?

It's because if you can find out a servants name then there's a good chance you can find out their abilities as well. That gives you the advantage since you can prepare against them.

MagicaLideaL 2011-10-27 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 3827325)
You mean why do servants have to conceal their names?

It's because if you can find out a servants name then there's a good chance you can find out their abilities as well. That gives you the advantage since you can prepare against them.

Ohh... I see. Thanks for the quick response.:heh:

Geburah 2011-10-27 09:47

Think if for example Aquiles were a Servant, saying his name is like saying "my weak point is my talon please hit it". Also their abilities becomes obvious

Tactics 2011-10-27 10:22

Thanks to this episode.
Now I really thought Diarmuid is the true Lancer :heh:

Will Lancer told his master about this "King of Knights" real name ?

And--- I really don't know if Iskandar being careless or come up with a good plan ^^;

GuidoHunter_Toki 2011-10-27 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactics (Post 3827527)
Thanks to this episode.
Now I really thought Diarmuid is the true Lancer :heh:

Will Lancer told his master about this "King of Knights" real name ?

And--- I really don't know if Iskandar being careless or come up with a good plan ^^;

I'm more curious about what Archibald's reaction to Waver being in the war will be. I'm sure it wont be pretty.

Proto 2011-10-27 11:13

It always appalled me that the Holy Grail war seemed to repeatedly have problems getting enough mages. It'd appear that the promise of having a wish granting machine at your disposal would attract a horde of stereotypical greedy mages. :heh:

Xellos-_^ 2011-10-27 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proto (Post 3827602)
It always appalled me that the Holy Grail war seemed to repeatedly have problems getting enough mages. It'd appear that the promise of having a wish granting machine at your disposal would attract a horde of stereotypical greedy mages. :heh:

well there is also the prospect of a horrifying gruesome death.

Aqua Knight 2011-10-27 12:06

It's nice to have another summoning relic. I mean you had your Iskander relic stolen, but you then summon a servant who isn't worse, or myabe even better than the lost one i.e. obedient and cunning Lancer.

Iby 2011-10-27 12:38

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...r-gen-urobuchi
Dunno if it was posted here.

DragoZERO 2011-10-27 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki (Post 3827577)
I'm more curious about what Archibald's reaction to Waver being in the war will be. I'm sure it wont be pretty.

Especially since Waver stole his relic and ran off. :heh:

JPZ 2011-10-27 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Knight (Post 3827664)
It's nice to have another summoning relic. I mean you had your Iskander relic stolen, but you then summon a servant who isn't worse, or myabe even better than the lost one i.e. obedient and cunning Lancer.

they all are pretty much obedient besides archer who has the trait of independent action.

he does what he wants

DragoZERO 2011-10-27 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPZ (Post 3828427)
they all are pretty much obedient besides archer who has the trait of independent action.

he does what he wants

Not quite. The Archer class itself has Independent Action but it's the choice of the Servant on whether or not to use it.

If you are wondering why it has this ability... we'll just say it's to support the Master from afar. ;)

kk2extreme 2011-10-28 00:18

:topicoff:

We need couple assasins and form a dance crew :D

GuidoHunter_Toki 2011-10-28 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 3828594)
:topicoff:

We need couple assasins and form a dance crew :D

Add some magical lasers/beams or whatever you want to call them to that and it'd be perfect.:heh:

charizardpal 2011-10-28 20:55

Iskander is such a loveable idiot....jumping in between a battle and screaming out his identity....