AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What's with all this Orihime hate? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49860)

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 00:35

What's with all this Orihime hate?

There seems to be alot of Orihime hate compared to Bleachexile, where they make her a saint compared to other characters. So why do you guys loathe her so much? I like Orihime and Rukia equally, it's just all this Orihime hate is making me feel sad for her. I don't understand why people would want her to die. I mean she's not a horrible horrible devil or anything.

Forever_young 2007-06-26 01:12

Saint? In every Rukia vs. Orihime poll Rukia always manages to win whether it's "Who's stronger?" or "Who do you like most?"
Sadley, in most shounen animes heroine are always the most hated but the most popular character at the same time eg. Kagome, sakura, Akane etc.

I can't believe the difference in Japan and the western countries. Rukia is a really popular character in Japan while Orihime is an unpopular character. In western countries Rukia splits up into 2 people that love her to death or hate her to death :heh:

Zu Ra 2007-06-26 01:20

Most of Inoue fandom is spurned by Bleach Dubs . Though there are intelligent poster like Sabaku Kyu and Sazelyt but they are a minority . Majority of the posters actually don’t read the manga or have the weirdest interpretations till date. At times you get poster whose only shonen experience is DBZ /GD / Naruto Dubs . That speaks voumes about them . I dont hate Inoue the fandom gets on my nerves .

Does this topic require another pointless thread ?

evenex 2007-06-26 01:22

Orihime's character was a real put down for me. She used to be my 2nd favourite female character in Bleach but because of her jealously towards Rukia it created a Rukia vs. Orihime war against the fanz (Rukia fanz always win though :D)
Is KT expecting for us to feel sorry for her or something? Cause right now, all I see in a stupid, depressed, weak girl going "Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun"
I want the cheerful Orihime back. Now people are starting to call her Emohime

Forever_young 2007-06-26 01:31

I know! Most Orihime fanz bring up stupid arguments, which annoy the heck out of me!
Plus most Orihime fanz hates Rukia, which I find it really pathetic. They should be thanking her because without Rukia, Sora would have killed Orihime, without Rukia Orihime still would be Ichigo’s class mate that just goes “Good Morning Kurosaki-kun” and it was Rukia who made her strong.
Thank god KT has drawn Rukia as a strong female Shinigami

Zu Ra 2007-06-26 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever_young (Post 1012147)
Plus most Orihime fanz hates Rukia, which I find it really pathetic. They should be thanking her because without Rukia, Sora would have killed Orihime, without Rukia Orihime still would be Ichigo’s class mate that just goes “Good Morning Kurosaki-kun” and it was Rukia who made her strong.

Firstly without Rukia there was no Bleach i.e. no transfer of powers . KT has stated this point itself through Ichigo numerous times . And its true majority of Rukia Haters are Inoue fans

Quote:

Yeah Rukia is a strong and independent girl . Wish there were more characters like Rukia who were strong willed, could think for themselves and better could stand on their feet . Being a shonen manga like Bleach which is aimed at boys . Its awesome KT creates strong female characters like Rukia

Mostly in shonen manga you do come across female characters who are nothing but eye candy

Charlo 2007-06-26 09:20

...I can't say that i only dislike orihime. I hate her xD
I don't know what it is, i just never liked her. Maybe because she's so kurosaki-crazy and i don't like ichigo that much. Nah, i don't know, but i really hate her, for some reason ...

cheese4u 2007-06-26 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 (Post 1012081)
There seems to be alot of Orihime hate compared to Bleachexile, where they make her a saint compared to other characters. So why do you guys loathe her so much?

I beleive I can answer that. You see with every forum some of the less intelligent "fans" get bored discussing the regular anime/manga, so they pick apart the most insignificant thing from every show in the hopes that it'll spark a more interesting conversation. Hope that helps.:D

cellardoor 2007-06-26 09:55

Well I don't hate her but I can see where the hate comes from. I'm indifferent to her, most of the times. It's just there are some scenes when she got on my nerves. First one was when she thanked only to her preciouss Kurosaki-kun for coming to HM to save her, whereas there were Ishida, Chad, Rukia and Renji beside Ichigo, yet she didn't even spare a thank for her other friends. Especially, when Rukia showed that she was determined to save her until her last breathe before passing out, that "thank you, Kurosaki-kun" line became more and more disgusting.

And the second incident when I dislike her is happening in the last chapters

Spoiler for ch 279+:

I expected her to actually do something, but I don't know, I'm just too tired because of waiting for like 100 ch to see her gaining her resolve.

FrostyIsShibby 2007-06-26 10:30

i hate her, like i said in a previous post, Gin is the main reason I watch Bleach over other shonen animes, but Inoue would be the reason I stop

her character is so weak, dependent, and annoying, i've rewatched and re-read through the beginning to the end and her character development in minimal, the only big change is her getting powers

beyond that she's just so pathetic and mentally weak, she's not a fighter yet she keeps trying to define herself in that context. she's saved so many people's lives but never gives herself credit for it

i'm really hoping she dies, her character annoys me to no end, either that or she finally realizes her strengths as a healer and stops being so damn dependent and pathetic

kagato3 2007-06-26 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellardoor (Post 1012561)
Well I don't hate her but I can see where the hate comes from. I'm indifferent to her, most of the times. It's just there are some scenes when she got on my nerves. First one was when she thanked only to her preciouss Kurosaki-kun for coming to HM to save her, whereas there were Ishida, Chad, Rukia and Renji beside Ichigo, yet she didn't even spare a thank for her other friends. Especially, when Rukia showed that she was determined to save her until her last breathe before passing out, that "thank you, Kurosaki-kun" line became more and more disgusting.

And the second incident when I dislike her is happening in the last chapters

Spoiler for ch 279+:

I expected her to actually do something, but I don't know, I'm just too tired because of waiting for like 100 ch to see her gaining her resolve.

Spoiler for ch 279+:

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever_young (Post 1012123)
Saint? In every Rukia vs. Orihime poll Rukia always manages to win whether it's "Who's stronger?" or "Who do you like most?"
Sadley, in most shounen animes heroine are always the most hated but the most popular character at the same time eg. Kagome, sakura, Akane etc.

I can't believe the difference in Japan and the western countries. Rukia is a really popular character in Japan while Orihime is an unpopular character. In western countries Rukia splits up into 2 people that love her to death or hate her to death :heh:

http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8730
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8641
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=9549
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=328
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8823
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8283

Don't hurt me. I like Rukia too, but there are alot of people who don't you see.

solarknight123 2007-06-26 11:39

It's not that i hate the girl, it's just that she has gotten on my nervers during the HM arc. I'm tired of her always whinning about how useless she is and how she can't do anything useful when actually she can if she put all her heart to it. I'm not a big fan of weak girls in anime so i'm praying that KT improves her and doesn't kill her off as some meaningless sacrifice

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarknight123 (Post 1012689)
It's not that i hate the girl, it's just that she has gotten on my nervers during the HM arc. I'm tired of her always whinning about how useless she is and how she can't do anything useful when actually she can if she put all her heart to it. I'm not a big fan of weak girls in anime so i'm praying that KT improves her and doesn't kill her off as some meaningless sacrifice

I hope she fights Hinamori or something, that'd be cool, I'm pretty sure she'd own some cool points for that.

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever_young (Post 1012147)
I know! Most Orihime fanz bring up stupid arguments, which annoy the heck out of me!

Well Rukia would be dead if Orihime wasn't there! Remember? She healed her from GJ's wound, and she might heal her again. If you know what Im talking about. (I don't know how to put spoiler tags)

Altima of the Gates 2007-06-26 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheese4u (Post 1012560)
I beleive I can answer that. You see with every forum some of the less intelligent "fans" get bored discussing the regular anime/manga, so they pick apart the most insignificant thing from every show in the hopes that it'll spark a more interesting conversation. Hope that helps.:D

Agreed. I couldn't have said it better myself.

ipernorris 2007-06-26 15:09

Orihime could be useful if she dies: she will be a nice way for Ichigo to gain the resolve to use his istincts for real. I'm bored of the knight in white armor...

Ichigo_Strife728 2007-06-26 17:44

That place is kinda dumb....

AlphaDragoon 2007-06-26 18:01

Orihime's a "token", which in this case means "stereotypical anime cliche."

And being that she's IMO the worst type of token, the "friend or childhood friend with secret feelings"...I can't stand her.

yahoosoda 2007-06-26 21:30

First of all, I don't really hate her but more on I'm indifferent when it comes to her character. For me, she hasn't done much to progress the plot of Bleach and I am confused why these 'Orihime' pity threads come up every so often.

And this sums up why I am indifferent to her pretty well

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon (Post 1013173)
Orihime's a "token", which in this case means "stereotypical anime cliche."

And being that she's IMO the worst type of token, the "friend or childhood friend with secret feelings