AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Character Discussion - Roy Mustang (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81730)

White Manju Bun 2009-05-18 15:15

Character Discussion - Roy Mustang

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Roy Mustang related.
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...MetalAltr9.jpg
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Fullmetal Alchemist fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

GaimeGuy 2009-05-19 01:51

Was always my favorite character, and became the undeniably biggest badass in FMA in chapter 93.

The best tactician and fighter in the series, alchemically brilliant (though maybe not as much as the Elrics or Marcoh), always one step ahead of his enemies, and deceptive enough to effectively hide these qualities behind the smokescreen of a skirt-chasing fool.

yezhanquan 2009-05-19 02:20

In terms of alchemy, he is the master of his art. The Elrics may be more versatile, but when it comes to the use of fire, the man is awesome.

Besides, snapping your fingers to summon fire: classy way to fight if you ask me, and he can be damn brutal if he wants to.

Charred Knight 2009-05-19 04:30

Easily one of the greatest manga characters ever concived, brilliant, awesome, at the same time a man of depth with his consuming need for revenge.

Unlike most other anime, Mustang competency is always the same, the character never has out of character moments he is just incredibly well written.

Shiroth 2009-05-19 04:34

So who else shares Roy's dream that all woman in the military should wear mini skirts?

Sorry i just had to say it. :p

Yu Ominae 2009-05-19 05:40

Me, me! Oh me!

Ottocycle 2009-05-19 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2403697)
So who else shares Roy's dream that all woman in the military should wear mini skirts?

Sorry i just had to say it. :p

The future if Roy Mustang ever gets to become Fuhrer: Valkyria Chronicles.

:heh:

Shiroth 2009-05-19 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 2404018)
The future if Roy Mustang ever gets to become Fuhrer: Valkyria Chronicles.

:heh:

Hey, they don't all wear skirts in the game. :heh:

Yu Ominae 2009-05-19 17:54

That can all change the day Roy gets to be CIC of the Gallian military.

Kirarakim 2009-05-19 18:02

The Miniskirt Omake is one of my favorites but it has since been replaced with the new Omake in Vol 22 of the manga

Spoiler for Volume 22 Omake:

Haladflire65 2009-05-20 02:34

The reason I started reading and watching FMA's Roy Mustang! He's my absolute fave... He's such an interesting character; so powerful and sometime plain insane...

IMO, Roy's the most powerful alchemist in FMA excluding Hohenheim and perhaps Izumi. His fire's so badass! :D

colol 2009-05-22 11:23

nee i read that most ppl say that roy actually kill winry's parents but wasn't *SPOILERS* it scar dat killed winry's parents in the manga ??

Shiroth 2009-05-22 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by colol (Post 2410954)
nee i read that most ppl say that roy actually kill winry's parents but wasn't *SPOILERS* it scar dat killed winry's parents in the manga ??

Seeing as though you're actually asking, i'll place it in spoiler tags.
Spoiler for Manga future events:

Vicious108 2009-05-22 14:38

Regarding that part of Roy's character...

Spoiler for First anime series:

Haladflire65 2009-05-22 22:13

Yeah, I think it would've been better if they put in flashbacks of the Ishabel War. But then were those parts of the manga out when they were making the anime?

Nobodyman9 2009-05-23 00:50

Gotta say that Roy has always been my favorite FMA character, and his recent show in the manga further cements this position. Gotta say though, I was really kinda worried during...

Spoiler for manga spoilers:

Vicious108 2009-05-23 01:59

Spoiler for Manga:

Nobodyman9 2009-05-23 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 2412030)
Spoiler for Manga:

Spoiler for manga:

blewin 2009-05-23 04:45

I never anticipated Roy joking about missing his date in ep 7! Unless he really does have a date.

Kirarakim 2009-05-23 07:53

I love those Roy parts you guys are talking about because it highlights Roy's double nature so to speak. Not to mention I love that FMA isn't all action. It's just as much build up and strategy which is what you were seeing going on in those scenes with Roy.