AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Claymore (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Claymore Chapter 96 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86822)

Solace 2009-09-30 12:36

Claymore Chapter 96

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 96.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-09-30 12:41

So do you guys think we will finally get a hint of what happened to Rene in this chapter? :heh: It is a bit maddening having to wait to get a sign.

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-09-30 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by shieky
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta
Anyway, this somewhat seemingly uneventful spoiler doesn't have the magic words at the end of it.
True, forgot about it.

But are the magic words even all that required? haven't we had true spoilers that didn't have those words at the end?

Camilla informed me that I've had an account on here for about a year, but I was somewhat lurking here since the spring before. But anyway, since I've been here, every single spoiler that was true has had those magic words.

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-09-30 12:49

Spoiler #1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camila
Spoiler for fake spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosmos
Spoiler for translation:

Shiek927 2009-09-30 12:53

*blink, a new chapter thread? so soon?

That was fast, and we only have one questionable spoiler.

At any rate, I wonder why the Cat creatures are returning to Raciella. Perhaps she now absorbs their power or knowledge.

Tsuyoshi 2009-09-30 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 2674946)

At any rate, I wonder why the Cat creatures are returning to Raciella. Perhaps she now absorbs their power or knowledge.

The Luciella wannabes wouldn't gain any knowledge since they don't appear to have any vital organs, and their sole purpose is destruction. I don't see how Raciella can gain any form of intelligence from them.

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-09-30 13:04

Quote:

Well it has been speculated before, since Raciella is Immobile, that the cat girls of doom are used to feed her Yoki.

But there are several things that bother me about this spoiler. First off, it seems somewhat counter productive to the story that instead of advancing things things don't advance, and in fact Alica and Riful interaction seems somewhat counter productive. I mean either kill Riful or let her gain her ally, but don't leave unresolved like that.

Also this is the first time we heard of one of those rods turning into more than one cat girl. I'm a bit skeptical, but we'll see.

It would also be stupid if Prissy Village is right by where Riful and Clare are, and then if she does somehow not meet up with any of them. I'm surprised at how close it sounds that Prissy is. Also, I think Priscilla and Raki wouldn't let the village get hurt without a fight. So no mention of Prissy and Raki doing something, and the cat girls just leaving the village unscathed just seems a bit cheap.

Solace 2009-09-30 13:14

Quote:

Last month I was late, this month I'm early. Gotta keep you guys on your toes. :heh:

straferd 2009-09-30 13:17

aaahg , you made me believe the chapter was released early! :(

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-09-30 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by straferd (Post 2674989)
aaahg , you made me believe the chapter was released early! :(

Ah you must be new around here. A new thread is generally created once spoilers become avaiable. Then people talk about Spoilers before the Raw is out, and then they talk about the raw what they see in pictures, before the translation is out. Anyway, raws will probably show up on the 3rd or 4th

straferd 2009-09-30 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta (Post 2675000)
Ah you must be new around here. A new thread is generally created once spoilers become avaiable. Then people talk about Spoilers before the Raw is out, and then they talk about the raw what they see in pictures, before the translation is out. Anyway, raws will probably show up on the 3rd or 4th

I guess we will have a great week ahead of us then ;)

Shiek927 2009-09-30 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta (Post 2674961)
Well it has been speculated before, since Raciella is Immobile, that the cat girls of doom are used to feed her Yoki.

But there are several things that bother me about this spoiler. First off, it seems somewhat counter productive to the story that instead of advancing things things don't advance, and in fact Alica and Riful interaction seems somewhat counter productive. I mean either kill Riful or let her gain her ally, but don't leave unresolved like that.

Also this is the first time we heard of one of those rods turning into more than one cat girl. I'm a bit skeptical, but we'll see.

It would also be stupid if Prissy Village is right by where Riful and Clare are, and then if she does somehow not meet up with any of them. I'm surprised at how close it sounds that Prissy is. Also, I think Priscilla and Raki wouldn't let the village get hurt without a fight. So no mention of Prissy and Raki doing something, and the cat girls just leaving the village unscathed just seems a bit cheap.

---A shame, because I've been hoping to see for a long while now, Raciella's human form or at least some form other then her big mountain form.

It's sad, but it's feeling more and more certain that her current form is all she has.

-I agree; I don't like the idea of Alicia just leaving, it seems like a waste. Now what? is she going to become a new Abyssal? isn't the story past that stage?
And what of Riful now? is she going to be left all alone?

-Tell me about it; seeing whether or not they fight is something I'm looking forward too, but like Alicia and Riful, we get neither. Their's no way the village can be so close; Raciella and all the action is deep in the west, at the very least, their is a sizable distance between the fighting and the village. This spoiler however seems to imply they are right next door.

Their isn't anything glaring or something about it that's clearly fake, it all seems logical which is the sad thing, because it means their is a slight chance it all might be true, disappointing as it is.

Hopefully we get something else.
--

And yes, for god's sake, can we finally get a clue on Renee please? :heh:

Tsuyoshi 2009-09-30 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 2675020)
---A shame, because I've been hoping to see for a long while now, Raciella's human form or at least some form other then her big mountain form.

It's sad, but it's feeling more and more certain that her current form is all she has.

Considering that she's practically two people stuck together _like a deformed offspring_ I doubt she would really look normal even in her human form. And considering this story of Raciella being a single consciousness, the double face doesn't really make any sense. I'd have thought this new creature would've been a single body with a single face. Oh well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 2675020)
-I agree; I don't like the idea of Alicia just leaving, it seems like a waste. Now what? is she going to become a new Abyssal? isn't the story past that stage?
And what of Riful now? is she going to be left all alone?

-Tell me about it; seeing whether or not they fight is something I'm looking forward too, but like Alicia and Riful, we get neither. Their's no way the village can be so close; Raciella and all the action is deep in the west, at the very least, their is a sizable distance between the fighting and the village. This spoiler however seems to imply they are right next door.

Their isn't anything glaring or something about it that's clearly fake, it all seems logical which is the sad thing, because it means their is a slight chance it all might be true, disappointing as it is.

Hopefully we get something else.
--

And yes, for god's sake, can we finally get a clue on Renee please? :heh:

This. And the fact that the trio manage to beat the Luciella wannabes so easily.

Shiek927 2009-09-30 16:12

Quote:

Considering that she's practically two people stuck together _like a deformed offspring_ I doubt she would really look normal even in her human form. And considering this story of Raciella being a single consciousness, the double face doesn't really make any sense. I'd have thought this new creature would've been a single body with a single face. Oh well.
It's a shame, I was hoping this new form was her "battle mode" or whatever where she has a view all around her(she did attack in all directions); for mobility, she'd transform into something else. I guess she relies on her sheer size to dominate everything.

Yes, the Ghosts beating the Cats so easily is silly....this whole spoiler is silly.

Awakened 2009-09-30 17:06

I hope Clare is in blade mode. It's about time for another power up.

HegemonKhan 2009-09-30 17:28

about raki's home village, where they were in chapter 95 and meet with lune/renee,

it seems that it is indeed not too far away from the destroyer's location (riful's 2nd lair location, presumable in the western lands of luatrec since that is her land-territory)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
i'm actually trying to slowly do a map project, so this is (just some of) what i got/know about the "geography/location" of the island:

(if anyone is interested in working with me on this map project, let me know! I could use some help, instead of doing it all by myself)

i believe this small island is to the west of the home continent. (see the eastern lands of sutare below for why i believe this)

the island's shape is that of a "+" or an unfolded box. it has a single central "square" territory surrounded by 4 adjacent "square" territories.

the organization doesn't recognize the central "square" land-teritory so instead they "draw" an X shaped borders in it causing all the 4 adjacent lands-teritories to touch at the X's center.

the organization also keeps most of their claymores in this unrecognized central land/territory so they can quickly respond to anywhere on the island.

but there's also 47 regions within the whole island that the organization has "drawn up" which in general contains a single claymore "patrol" for.

also remember that the island is small. it seems that "3 days of travel" is the furthest distance between stuff, so i'm gonna guess that at most, it would take ~ a month to go from one side of the island to the other. it is a really small island.

there's the northern lands of Alfonse:

This is Isley's starting location and the starting territory he "controls/owns". There's pieta village, which is where the 24 claymores battled rigard and 30 (3+27) awakened ones, and it is the border village into the northern lands of alfonse sitting in the only pass through the harsh icy mountains. there's several unnamed villages that were destroyed by isley on his march-compaign southward. a good ways north of pieta village is another village called Dabi. This is the village that has the slave trade prison cells underground, where raki was held. after isley's march compaign south into the southern lands, the northern lands becomes a "no-man's land". isley no longer controls it (since he's in and controls the southern lands now) and no humans live in the northern lands anymore, only some remaining awakened ones, and the 7 ghosts of the north, until they set out to get revenge of the organization.

there's the eastern lands of Sutare (manga) / Sutafu (anime) :

This is the Organization's and "Alicia's" territory-land that they "control/own". The Organization's head quarters is in the village of Staff, city of the far east. This village is presumably the furthest east village on the island and where presumably the Organization's ship coming from their continent landed. there's another village to the southwest of Staff hidden in the middle of a forest where there's a report in the Organization's archives of its villagers seeing the black coats for the first time and being shocked because they had never seen yomas before. This suggests strongly that black coats are indeed yoma/claymores like their own Claymore forces. there's another village, which is the closest village to Staff, which has a forest in between the two villages, where trainee teresa liked to run away often to. also, this village houses the Zemas parents of Alicia and Beth babies, which the Organization took away. Rafaela was in this village while exiled and heard about it almost right after it happened. also, run away trainee teresa, would meet exiled rafaela in the forest between this village and Staff. also, just outisde of staff, alicia destroys the 11 awakened ones that went east from the remaining 23 awakened ones of isley's forces trying to attack the Organization's headquarters. lastly, luciela awakens in the headquarters/Staff and destroys its structures/buildings and kills half of the claymore force, including the trainees, at the time, while rafaela tried to stop her, eventually getting luciela to leave. Abyssal One, Luciela, than heads to the Southern lands of mucha to make/claim as her own.

The southern lands of Mucha:

This is the territory/land that Luciela "controls/owns" as her own. it is also the home of Raki, Priscilla, and Helen. raki's home village, called Doga (by the way), is where the manga begins and where we find raki and priscilla at in chapter 95, where they meet lune/renee (also riful captures lune/renee afterwards and takes her back to her wstern lands), and than the village gets "missle-striked" by the destroyer. possibly, the village where isley was staying at is helen's home village (i haven't got this confirmed yet in my research for the map project), where Helen, Deneve, Isley, dietrich, and the Abyss Feeders all clash. There's also a forest not too far off where Dietrich was. Isley after battling luciela, now "controls" the southern lands as well or at least stays in them, until he is finally killed by the abyss feeders.

it is unknown (by me) if the later visited vilages like stora and egon in the beginning of the manga are still in the southern lands near Doga, or if they are in the central territory-land of Toulouse/Robana or the western lands of Luatrec. the path clare (and raki) take in the beginning of the manga from Doga is for the most part west.

also note, that helen and deneve get to the destroyers location, meaning that they, in the southern lands of mucha and the village, weren't very far off from the western lands of luatrec and riful's 2nd lair / destroyer's location.

this also probably means that Doga (raki and priscilla) in the southern lands of mucha, is also close to the western lands of luatrec /destroyer's location, so his projectile missles didn't have to travel too far to reach them.

western lands of luatrec:

this is riful's territory-land. she seems to have two lairs. the first seen lair is witches maw in the zakol mountains, and the other lair (where lune/renee and R+L is being held) and the destroyer's location is unknown, though.

the zakol mountains is near the big town of Hanel (this has the statues of the "Twin goddesses of love"), which is near the mountain valley where irene was and the surrounding forest where clare and ophelia fought and the nearby villages of Hanel (which is near the zakol mountains and riful's first lair location) and gonal / gonahl (where clare, raki, ophelia, and the female awakened one were).

central lands of Toulouse or Robana (i don't know which it is) :

i think in the center of this territory or on the center of the X of the organization's borders through this land-teritory, is the holy city of Rabona (not to be confused with the teritories possible name of Robana).

clarakiss~ 2009-09-30 18:00

how could clare and gang easily defeat the thirteen kitties when they had trouble dealing with just one? :confused: that is what the spoiler by mosmos said.

@ hegemon~ - excellent work!

Shiek927 2009-09-30 18:22

Excellent work Hedgy, here is my link to a similar discussion but much less detail as yours:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=717

My only critique: the Southern Lands don't have an official name yet. Mucha is where Priscilla was born, but their is nothing officially stating that's the name of the entire region.

HegemonKhan 2009-09-30 18:37

interested in helping me?

i've got quite a lot of research done. I have actually been going through the manga page by page writing down everything to do with the making of a map (as well as other stuff too, while i'm at it), and slowly kinda getting a map together, as best i can.

i still can't tell where teresa and clare were in the flash back. they were also traveling in a west direction, however i don't know what land they were in... for all i know they could be in ANY of the lands except the northern lands of alphonse (duh).

however, teresa mentions to clare, at one of the villages they visit, that teresa had visited there long ago. This could very well be the same village that is the nearest to Staff (organization headquarters) in the eastern lands of sutare, which young trainee teresa often ran off to. SO maybe, teresa and clare are traveling west within the eastern lands of sutare (and maybe also getting into the central lands of toulouse/robana). but, i'm not sure, i'll have to go back and compare how the two villages and their surrounding areas look, to tell if they are the same village or not.

and i'm pretty sure Mucha is the name of the teritory-land, but i'll certainly go and re-check it, in case you're right and it's just priscilla's village name

but i'm quite confident in this case you're wrong, but i'll certainly re-check it

sonotme_9FedriqSama 2009-09-30 19:25

wow.....thats the only reaction I can give after reading the spoiler above.... wat a wierd fake spoiler...anyways can't wait for the chapter though...instead of spoiler I am more intersted in chapter...but spoiler have their way to increase the anticipation I suppose...plus they are entertaining sometimes...
@Hegemon...great work on map thingy....dunno how you are doing that...cause i didnt read the whole thing...but i am amazed u have such patience for it...