AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Bonta Kun 2011-12-08 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3893172)
that would make sense :P i only skimmed the mail at work and then saw that terrible list XD
but still, they dont have ANYTHING in stock right now, its simply not worth it at the moment.

Yea very true, way too much of the gunpla is outta stock atm but you never know they may put some stuff back up as in stock over the course of the month.
Just have to keep a eye out.

And yea the special item list is quite terrible, I myself wouldn't actually get the PG strike freedom as the special item, I'd go for the Fine Mold's Millennium Falcon:D

Gladys L. 2011-12-09 15:42

RG 1/144 Freedom Gundam
This is a good Model. I love to see a simple model.
http://www.hobbywave.com/images/hobb...om_gundamp.jpg

Gundan Wing model
I really admire the model of the Gundam Wing Models they look realistic and I prefer this model.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...svX-MEwS3HjW6J

Appel 2011-12-09 16:36

new image of the metal build freedom:



looks pretty good! i think i see an error though...:
on the front skirt and on the wing it says "XGMF X10A" instead of "ZGMF" as in "zero gravity maneuver fighter", the designation of ZAFTs space combat compatible mobile suits. and i really doubt they changed that in the HD remastered version SEED :P

edit: i also just finished my MG F91 "Harrison"!

http://www.abload.de/img/f912j4je3.jpg
its a good model but not as good as most people make it out to be in my opinion. the joints are a little flimsy and the arms kinda remind me of a HG model that just happens to have an inner frame.
but still, i can recommend it! its sold out all the damn time though, so buy it when ever you see it, its worth it XD

also, since this is such a small MG, here is a comparison with MG infinite justice which has a rather average size:
http://www.abload.de/img/img038rkjtb.jpg

its TINY! its about the same size as a tall HG like the destroy mode unicorn! XD

Sworra 2011-12-09 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3894596)
new image of the metal build freedom:



looks pretty good! i think i see an error though...:
on the front skirt and on the wing it says "XGMF X10A" instead of "ZGMF" as in "zero gravity maneuver fighter", the designation of ZAFTs space combat compatible mobile suits. and i really doubt they changed that in the HD remastered version SEED :P

edit: i also just finished my MG F91 "Harrison"!

http://www.abload.de/img/f912j4je3.jpg
its a good model but not as good as most people make it out to be in my opinion. the joints are a little flimsy and the arms kinda remind me of a HG model that just happens to have an inner frame.
but still, i can recommend it! its sold out all the damn time though, so buy it when ever you see it, its worth it XD

also, since this is such a small MG, here is a comparison with MG infinite justice which has a rather average size:
http://www.abload.de/img/img038rkjtb.jpg

its TINY! its about the same size as a tall HG like the destroy mode unicorn! XD

Yeah F91 is one of the smallest MS that was made, Same with the Victory Gundam; if you watch rrobbert184 youtube he compares alot of gundam sizes with the Victory or the F91.

Well i caved in and went to my local hobbystore today, he had alot of MG's in which were over priced but i ended up get the RG Freedom. Of course i paid $60 for it.. :( but what made me get it was no wait time for shipping. lol

Appel 2011-12-09 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3894648)
Yeah F91 is one of the smallest MS that was made, Same with the Victory Gundam; if you watch rrobbert184 youtube he compares alot of gundam sizes with the Victory or the F91.

Well i caved in and went to my local hobbystore today, he had alot of MG's in which were over priced but i ended up get the RG Freedom. Of course i paid $60 for it.. :( but what made me get it was no wait time for shipping. lol

i know that it is small (15 meters or so) but its a different thing to actually see it next to your own models^^

and 60 bucks for the freedom isnt THAT bad. when i order it from HLJ it would cost me about $50 with EMS and at least $70 with fedex shipping when i include the actual fedex bill. so, yours was cheaper than that AND you got it on the same day, so overall not a bad deal!

Sworra 2011-12-09 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3894661)
i know that it is small (15 meters or so) but its a different thing to actually see it next to your own models^^

and 60 bucks for the freedom isnt THAT bad. when i order it from HLJ it would cost me about $50 with EMS and at least $70 with fedex shipping when i include the actual fedex bill. so, yours was cheaper than that AND you got it on the same day, so overall not a bad deal!

For some reason when i see the F91 next to a taller Gundam i think of it as a child suit, (move aside small fry). lol but you can't underestimate them cause its those small ones that are the powerful ones.

If i orderd my RG Freedom from HLJ or Hobbywave it would of costed me at least $40 to $50 but i guess i can't complain about paying $60 it is only $10 to $20 more. I mainly order kits in bulk so i guess i don't see the difference for a smaller kit.
But i will totally refuse to pay $110 and up for a MG kit at that local store..

Appel 2011-12-09 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3894683)
For some reason when i see the F91 next to a taller Gundam i think of it as a child suit, (move aside small fry). lol but you can't underestimate them cause its those small ones that are the powerful ones.

If i orderd my RG Freedom from HLJ or Hobbywave it would of costed me at least $40 to $50 but i guess i can't complain about paying $60 it is only $10 to $20 more. I mainly order kits in bulk so i guess i don't see the difference for a smaller kit.
But i will totally refuse to pay $110 and up for a MG kit at that local store..

well, F91 did take place even after unicorn, it would only make sense that it is more powerful^^

$110 are about 80€... i usually pay somewhere between 60-80€ for a MG, so those prices arent THAT bad, too^^ still pretty expensive but considering that you can just buy it and take it with you on the same day its a pretty ok price

edit:
i also just checked the HLJ holiday EMS campaign again. its true, you only need to order one of the special items and then the whole box will be shipped for 2000 yen.
but still, most of those items are utter shite AND the cheapest one would still cost me about 40€! XD no thank you :P

pumpkins 2011-12-10 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3894596)
edit: i also just finished my MG F91 "Harrison"!

its a good model but not as good as most people make it out to be in my opinion. the joints are a little flimsy and the arms kinda remind me of a HG model that just happens to have an inner frame.
but still, i can recommend it! its sold out all the damn time though, so buy it when ever you see it, its worth it XD

also, since this is such a small MG, here is a comparison with MG infinite justice which has a rather average size:

its TINY! its about the same size as a tall HG like the destroy mode unicorn! XD

looks good! are there stickers provided for the yellow parts on the chest and shoulders? i really like these smaller MGs as they take less space, maybe i'll get one of these one day.

are there any major differences between this and the normal f91?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3894719)
$110 are about 80€... i usually pay somewhere between 60-80€ for a MG, so those prices arent THAT bad, too^^ still pretty expensive but considering that you can just buy it and take it with you on the same day its a pretty ok price

hm, how much markup is that compared to the usual yen price?

Bonta Kun 2011-12-10 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3896078)
are there any major differences between this and the normal f91?

My understanding is it's the same as the normal F91 just in the Harrison colours and you don't get the stand thingy(reason why I want the normal one)

Appel 2011-12-10 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3896078)
looks good! are there stickers provided for the yellow parts on the chest and shoulders? i really like these smaller MGs as they take less space, maybe i'll get one of these one day.

are there any major differences between this and the normal f91?

hm, how much markup is that compared to the usual yen price?

yes, they do provide stickers for all the sections that i painted. i simply didnt want to use them^^
and if you want a model that takes little space but still has lots of details then the MG F91 is definitely your gundam of choice^^ its just 15cm tall :P
and to my understanding the only differences are the colors and the fact that you dont get the display stand.

and about your other question, the price usually doubles. it kinda depends on the base price though because for stuff under 22, which excludes the shipping costs, i dont have to pay customs fees which usually also add a LOT to the final price.
its simply the high shipping costs that make it so expensive for me... the bigger the kit, the bigger the package, the higher the shipping costs. and when the combined price of the kit and the shipping gets bigger, so does the amount of customs fees that i need to pay :P and at 19% you cant really neglect that XD
it used to be less than that though. usually when the courier came he just wanted like 8% instead of 19%, i only paid 8 bucks for my MG exia ignition mode for example, now id have to pay about 15.

box size is also a big factor. for some kits like the MG Hi-Nu i have to pay almost the same price as for the kit itself for shipping, but for kits like the MG exia ignition mode only cost about 25 bucks :P

so yeah, it depends heavily on the kit itself^^ usually the price about doubles, sometimes its a little less than that.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-11 03:58

Good job, Appel. Yeah, F-91 is so tiny. It looks even smaller than Wing Zero in your pic. :uhoh:

Hmm...not much activity here. I guess I'll share this with you.

I just finish my HG EVA-01 Type F and it's awesome. It has extra cool armor and I also like the color-combination. The joints are solid enough for an HG of this size. It can hold the Mastema weapon with two hands without going off-balance and falling.

My main gripe from this kit would be that the hands can't hold the Progressive-Knife properly. So, we kinda place the knife loosely inside the HUGE room its palm made. Oh yeah, beside the killer Mastema, there are also Dual-Chainsaw included in this kit, but I'm too lazy to assemble it. :p

EVA-01 & Mastema:


For you who like to see some size comparison, here's EVA with 1/100 Impulse:

gummybear 2011-12-11 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3897095)
Good job, Appel. Yeah, F-91 is so tiny. It looks even smaller than Wing Zero in your pic. :uhoh:

Hmm...not much activity here. I guess I'll share this with you.

I just finish my HG EVA-01 Type F and it's awesome. It has extra cool armor and I also like the color-combination. The joints are solid enough for an HG of this size. It can hold the Mastema weapon with two hands without going off-balance and falling.

My main gripe from this kit would be that the hands can't hold the Progressive-Knife properly. So, we kinda place the knife loosely inside the HUGE room its palm made. Oh yeah, beside the killer Mastema, there are also Dual-Chainsaw included in this kit, but I'm too lazy to assemble it. :p

EVA-01 & Mastema:


For you who like to see some size comparison, here's EVA with 1/100 Impulse:

why are you posting eva stuff in gundam forum? this is not "model general" this is "gundam forum"

MakubeX2 2011-12-11 19:33

8-Year-Old Girl selected to represent Japan in Junior Course of Gaplan Builder World Cup :-

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1...1211151338.jpg

Her chosen work, which began as a Summer Assignment and taken 2 weeks to complete in all :-

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8...1151427058.jpg

She began building her first model this spring and started working on diorama not long after. Her favourite series is Unicorn, BTW.

Source :-
http://mantan-web.jp/2011/12/11/2011...00087000c.html

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-12-11 19:36

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? That girl has some talent in her.

Sir Dearka 2011-12-11 19:39

Poor girl, enjoying watching so much death and cruelty on screen at such a young age :(

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-11 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3898407)
8-Year-Old Girl selected to represent Japan in Junior Course of Gaplan Builder World Cup :-

Amazing work. Btw, how did she become such a Gundam fan anyway? Any Gundam fans in her family? Did her friends recommended her to watched it? Damn, I can't read Japanese on that site T-T.

@Gummybear. I'm sorry, it's just on a whim. I guess I have too much free time. :p:D

Appel 2011-12-11 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 3898262)
why are you posting eva stuff in gundam forum? this is not "model general" this is "gundam forum"

dont be like that, i posted non-gunpla models here as well in the past^^ its mixing things up a little. this forum doesnt have a general model building thread, might as well put it here!
the photos are also in spoiler tags, so you can easily ignore the post.

Rising Dragon 2011-12-11 20:32

The mods will delete off-topic posts like that regardless, so you still shouldn't post them.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-11 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3898479)
The mods will delete off-topic posts like that regardless, so you still shouldn't post them.

Yeah, I know. I just did it to spend some time. If anybody feel objected, then I'm perfectly fine if that post deleted by the mods. ;)

MakubeX2 2011-12-11 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3898432)
Amazing work. Btw, how did she become such a Gundam fan anyway? Any Gundam fans in her family? Did her friends recommended her to watched it?

Influenced by her father.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.