AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   High School DxD [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   High School DxD Light Novel - Character power-ups, match-ups, and ratings (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125228)

Brawlre 2016-09-10 11:49

the thread said speculation on it so I assumed it didn't matter where the speculation came from even if it was a newly released volume like vol 22 or a sequel like exe.

aw454wtr 2016-09-12 04:38

Wouldnt know who would be the strongest, but ryogun definitly the weakest,she needed a king piece just to be near bedeze's level, take that piece out she would be far weaker than most high class devils

B214 2016-09-12 05:29

^Bedeze is using a King Piece too, so she might be equal to him in terms of strength.

Brawlre 2016-09-12 07:16

Both statements are very true but I can't help but wonder if issei is stronger then Vali and ajuka.

aw454wtr 2016-09-14 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brawlre (Post 5943868)
Both statements are very true but I can't help but wonder if issei is stronger then Vali and ajuka.

Judging by how OP Ise becomes in EX i would think so. At that point it is likely he mastered Ddraigs's,Ophis's and great red's powers.

Having a portion of the dragon gods powers, a portion of albion's power in addition to the full power of ddraig + all the unnatural power ups from the evil pieces and breast related stuff makes anyone super op

aw454wtr 2016-09-26 03:00

Wonder who has the stronger poison, Albion or Samael

And also wonder hoe Ddraig's flame compares to tannin's meteor level fire breath

DragoMuseveni 2016-09-26 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by aw454wtr (Post 5952551)

And also wonder hoe Ddraig's flame compares to tannin's meteor level fire breath

Most likely Samael . Because that poison affected even Ophis . And Albions Reduce doesn`t work on Draig , Ophis and Great Red

Hakai 2016-09-27 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by aw454wtr (Post 5952551)

Against Dragons, Samael.
Against everyone else, Albion.

B214 2016-09-27 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot (Post 5953558)
Against Dragons, Samael.
Against everyone else, Albion.

Samael's poison can work on snakes too. Not nitpicking just pointing it out.

aw454wtr 2016-09-29 04:29

Are beings that are not dragons or snakes immune to samael posion?, or does samael posion work on all living beings just it is extra effective against dragons and snakes

B214 2016-09-29 05:22

It should work on other beings too. At least Azazel is implying that it would.

Quote:

That’s why it has intense poison. Not only can it extinguish dragons but it can affect other things besides dragons, so it was sealed in the depths of Cocytus.

DragonOsman 2016-09-29 07:30

Yeah, so it does work on other beings aside from Dragons. But the quote doesn't mention snakes, so snakes also fall under the "all other beings" category.

By the way, I was thinking: I'm Muslim so I believe in Creation, but I want to know if all of those who are atheists and don't believe in any religion believe in Evolution without exception, or if there actually are exceptions.

Darius Drake 2016-09-29 07:45

Atheism is basically the belief that there's no divine being responsible for the creation of existence, in general, or humanity, specifically. I suspect that many who aren't the "shove-it-in-your-face" type just don't think it matters and want to get along with their life.

Believing in Evolution would be the default for Atheists, simply because it's the one we have the most evidence for, however there would likely be Atheists who believe that the Earth is Flat and the Moon Landing was Faked, because that's what they're most comfortable with. That's the thing, Atheists aren't a group, they aren't related in any real form, they are, fundamentally, just an unassociated "group" of individuals who believe that there's no higher being/s that is responsible for us.

B214 2016-09-29 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonOsman (Post 5954521)
Yeah, so it does work on other beings aside from Dragons. But the quote doesn't mention snakes, so snakes also fall under the "all other beings" category.

By the way, I was thinking: I'm Muslim so I believe in Creation, but I want to know if all of those who are atheists and don't believe in any religion believe in Evolution without exception, or if there actually are exceptions.

Cao Cao's Medusa's eye is snake-related, hence why Cao Cao was affected by Samael's poison.

Quote:

“I had the blood of Samael get taken out of my body while I was having my body recreated. I then thought about it while having Samael’s blood be disposed of. –“Wasn’t the curse God gave to Samael the one where he placed his hatred towards Dragons and snakes?”. Like that.”

“…My eye! My medusa’s eye!”

His eye has already been crushed with Samael’s poison, and so much blood is coming out of it.

“Yeah. Medusa is a monster with hair made of snakes right? Then maybe you who had her eye transplanted into yourself will receive the same effect from Samael’s blood? That’s why I thought about this back in the dimensional gap. Then I had Ophis transfer Samael’s blood into the bullet I found in Gogmagog.”

DragonOsman 2016-09-29 19:46

I'm not denying it. But Azazel only mentioned Dragons specifically and then mentioned everything else in another group that can also be affected by Samael's poison, including snakes. I'm glad there's another quote in the LN, even if it's just from Ise, that mentions Dragons and snakes.

@Darius: Thanks for the info. I think people need to kind in mind, though, that science can only prove or disprove things that can be seen, felt, or heard, and etc.. God and angels can't be seen or anything, so science can't prove or disprove that they exist.

Darius Drake 2016-09-29 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonOsman (Post 5954839)
@Darius: Thanks for the info. I think people need to kind in mind, though, that science can only prove or disprove things that can be seen, felt, or heard, and etc.. God and angels can't be seen or anything, so science can't prove or disprove that they exist.

This is true. I also, however, don't see it being relevant to my reply to your question. My answer was, literally, "There's only one item that determines whether you're an Atheist or not, so everything else is subjective to the individual". That one item is whether or not they believe that there's a higher being responsible for Humanity in some way.

An Atheist could believe in Angels and/or Demons. They could ignore all evidence to the contrary and insist that the Planet Earth is flat. They could just not care if there's other life out there, if we evolved or were put on this planet, or whether or not there's Divine beings responsible for us, and just want to get on with their lives in peace. They can believe that they're Espers, Mages or Werewolves who simply haven't had the right impetus to awaken or allow them to use their latent abilities. There is literally almost no limits on what an Atheist can and can't believe, if they so choose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonOsman (Post 5954839)
I'm not denying it. But Azazel only mentioned Dragons specifically and then mentioned everything else in another group that can also be affected by Samael's poison, including snakes. I'm glad there's another quote in the LN, even if it's just from Ise, that mentions Dragons and snakes.

It was mentioned at one point that the poison Samael has was made due to God of the Bible's hatred of Dragons & Snakes.

Basically, the way I see it, Samael's poison works like this:
vs Dragons: x1,000 or more effectiveness, maxed out additional abilities.
vs Snakes/Snake Related: x50+ effectiveness, some additional abilities.
vs Other: Basic effectiveness due to being a Poison, no additional abilities.

DragonOsman 2016-09-30 06:00

Yeah, Samael's poison represents the Bible God's hatred of Dragons and snakes, so it especially affects them. I'm not doubting that because I do remember that the novels say that.

Krudelu 2016-11-14 23:57

Random post:heh:

I know that I'm touching upon this topic again but here's what I'm thinking...

I know that I'm going to touch upon the "Power" and "Technique" types again but I think none of them is better than the other. I think that the matchup varies depending on "compatibility" in their arsenal rather than what "type" their ability is. Anyone share the same thought as I do (I think a lot already knows this)?

Now I that I remember, Issei keeps saying that he had horrible matchup against "technique types" I think he should start coming up with ways on how to be able to deal with them and start coming up with various applications with his own power or maybe he can just continue to power his way against those hax abilities by trying to increase his benchmark (well guess he's been trying to do this off screen):heh:

B214 2016-11-15 02:39

It depends on how you use and view it. Each has their advantage and disadvantages. Power as its name implies is just raw power, you just overpower them. Sairaorg is probably the best example where his power > technique user. Then again not many people can reach his level. Technique is just having a a large set of skills in one's disposable IMO. People may say that Cao Cao's BB only has 7 powers, but those seven powers can work in tandem to create other abilities. Same with Kiba, his swords has multiple elements to it not to mention countless shapes. He can easily create swords that can fit into any situation of the fight he's in.

Hakai 2016-11-15 09:15

It depends on the overall strength of the technique or power user in the end.

Power type goes from Xenovia to Sairaorg to guys that are much much stronger, technique type goes from Kiba to Cao Cao to Ajuka.

Cao Cao said EJO Vali could beat him with just power alone. While against the likes of BB Sairaorg(who's pure power) he would win comfortably.

So yeah one isn't better than the other, it's the user and match up/compatibility.