AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Maria-sama (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th season discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47762)

mdauben 2007-07-17 10:25

A fourth season of Marimite?

Yeah! http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...appyDance1.gif

I really thought when they released the third "season" as OVAs that it would be the last of the Marimite franchise. I am so glad to hear I was wrong!

da-xia 2007-07-17 12:11

ITS OFFICAL NOW

Quote:

The Japanese magazine Cobalt has announced that the Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Season anime adaptation of its popular light novels has been greenlit. The story revolves around the student council of Lillian, an all-girls Catholic high school. An accompanying interview with voice actresses Kana Ueda (Yumi), Haruna Ikezawa (Yoshino), and Mamiko Noto (Shimako) indicates the creators' uncertainty on whether it will be televised (like the first two seasons) or released directly on video (like the third season). Source: Canned Dogs
omgogmogmgogmogmogmgomgogmgomgogmogmogmogmg

Mephisto2k 2007-07-17 15:00

Its so great that all the good shows are recently getting new seasons as it is supposed be.
But since the ova isnt even finished I bet we still got to wait for about a year.

isolatedincidence 2007-07-17 16:02

Wooo!

And the last OVA of the third season is out in a week, so hopefully the wait for the fourth season will not be too long...

Shiroth 2007-07-17 16:53

My favourite piece of news of the year. More reason to obsess over Sei.

I wonder if this is going to be a TV series, or OAV's.

dxanato 2007-07-17 17:44

Sweet can't wait to hear more about it and the coming months.

Sorrow-K 2007-07-17 19:26

Needless to say, this is excellent news. In all honesty, I didn't think we'd ever see it, and I was almost certain that the OVAs were going to be the last time we'd ever see animated Marimite. Fortunately, that won't be the case.

dahl_moon 2007-07-17 22:01

Awesome! This has totally made my day (or what's left of it:heh:). Will be eagerly looking forward to the 4th season, and the 5th OVA (no longer the final!). Now less than 1 week left!

4Tran 2007-07-17 23:17

Excellent. Marimite is my favorite of the current shows, and it'd be great to see more of it.

arleen3 2007-07-18 05:53

I'm can't wait 'till it comes out :)

niwasatou 2007-07-18 09:46

I already spasmed in fanjoy enough, don't have to do it all over again. :heh:
Now, which format would you prefer, TV series or OVA?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 2 cours TV season. Probably the best way to not only *hint* at upcoming soeur issues (Touko!).

da-xia 2007-07-18 11:18

TV series all the way...

shrek 2007-07-18 11:44

after hearing this news i sdnlly feel cheerful and been smiling all day lol. Good NEWS indeed

LionsMane 2007-07-19 01:04

I'm so excited to come home to this news. I was thinking about a season four but thought it would be unlikely. Never been so happy to be wrong.

m000m000 2007-07-19 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by da-xia (Post 1048257)
TV series all the way...

I'd actually prefer it to stay as an OVA.

The 50-minute format fits the series much better than having to split the stories up into several TV-size episodes, and the production quality is way higher than in the TV version.
Sure, the animation isn't exactly anything to write home about, but the art has been generally of much better quality(detail), and been very consistent throughout all episodes, something you can't really say about the TV-versions. At its best, the TV series gets pretty close - At its worst, it's pretty blargh and disappointing in comparsion. Just go and look & compare ;).

Still, I suppose a TV-version would mean we'd get slightly more content perhaps, even if the 5-episode OVA format gets pretty close to a season's worth of TV-material once you start cutting OP & EDs from the total running time.

Matrim 2007-07-19 12:10

Great news! I was totally resigned to the idea of no more Marimite after the current OVAs.

Kuroineko 2007-07-20 07:39

Squeee! I'm so happy that the 5:th OVA isn't the end! This totally made my day..seriously!
And I wouldn't mind it staying an OVA but either way is fine since it's still moar marimite:eyespin::eyespin:

da-xia 2007-07-20 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by m000m000 (Post 1049679)
I'd actually prefer it to stay as an OVA.

The 50-minute format fits the series much better than having to split the stories up into several TV-size episodes, and the production quality is way higher than in the TV version.
Sure, the animation isn't exactly anything to write home about, but the art has been generally of much better quality(detail), and been very consistent throughout all episodes, something you can't really say about the TV-versions. At its best, the TV series gets pretty close - At its worst, it's pretty blargh and disappointing in comparsion. Just go and look & compare ;).

Still, I suppose a TV-version would mean we'd get slightly more content perhaps, even if the 5-episode OVA format gets pretty close to a season's worth of TV-material once you start cutting OP & EDs from the total running time.

you bring up many good points.. the downside of it tho is the 3+ month wait.. and even tho this season has been pretty decent at staying on schedule.. you know some 50 minute ova animes can be pushed back at times :upset:

m000m000 2007-07-21 11:52

I havn't really minded the wait that much myself - Sure, If they could release them quicker it'd be great, but as all the OVA episodes have pretty much been self-contained stories with no cliffhangers and only slight carryover to the next episodes, I havn't really minded that.

I mean, It's not exactly like watching the first half of the Rainy Blue arc and then having to wait 3 months for the continuation :p.

Devious 2007-07-24 15:26

yay yay :D amazing damn... I feel happy :D wow I'll wait even 5mounths If I need to :D yay :D