AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Horizon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108030)

Skyfall 2011-11-01 01:53

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

gecd 2011-11-01 13:34

I have a feeling that Ginchiyo is stronger than Muneshige:heh:
Spoiler for question:

Xacual 2011-11-01 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gecd (Post 3836426)
Spoiler for question:

The reactor was about to explode, she needed to get Muneshige out of there which she couldn't do if she let herself get dragged into a fight with Tadakatsu.

Vena 2011-11-01 18:30

Screw it.

This episode was fantastic.

Episode 4 was fantastic.

But holy crap, the female's breasts seem to be pinned to their chests with the way they contour as they approach the body. Its like someone glued balloons to the body of half the cast.

But you know what? This episode was awesome.

Nightengale 2011-11-01 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by gecd (Post 3836426)
Spoiler for question:

Attacking a man who's given up on his life standing next to an exploding reactor that is about to destroy the entire country?

The battle was lost the moment Muneshige failed to stop the reactor. Tadakatsu's death earlier wouldn't make a difference... since he would die within the next few minutes anyway.

black_cat1 2011-11-02 02:22

I personally dont think Gin can win against Tadakatsu when her husband couldnt.

And finally, Toori and gang will stop fooling around and kick some ass.

MorningGlory 2011-11-02 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_cat1 (Post 3837424)
I personally dont think Gin can win against Tadakatsu when her husband couldnt.

And finally, Toori and gang will stop fooling around and kick some ass.

I think Gin will win since Tadakatsu doesn't have enough much stamina left after the battle.
Gin's big gun look kinda scary ><

Syed_Seinaru_Migi 2011-11-02 06:34

WOW episode 5 really EPIC......finally Toori and Horizon/P-01s meet each other...

Kaioshin Sama 2011-11-02 18:35

Wow those Armor of Deadly Sins weapons are some of the most broken god-modding items I think I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of shonen-fighting type shows. We're kind of looking at something like Gurren Lagann in terms of mind-blowing power-ups and special attacks if this keeps up.

Both Tadakatsu and Muneshige were manly as hell this episode, except Tadakatsu put his life on the line for a mad man that died anyway and Muneshige came off as the good guy in trying to prevent the destruction of Mikawa, but alas.....and to top it all off the Testament Union is going to pin this all on Horizon cause they'll need a scapegoat and she's the perfect one as Motonobu's daughter. Still I understand that Tadakatsu was bound by his servitude to the Lord of Mikawa...it's just a shame as he seemed like a good guy. All of this is Motonobu's fault and it all continues as long as all these reality hacking weapons are out there for people to get their hands on.

So now what is the question. It doesn't seem likely that Toori can rescue Horizon right away without at least getting some help from Futayo or somebody with some power since the students are completely outclassed by the Testament Union goons. Seriously I have no idea what he can possibly do right now, the situation has gotten that bad that quickly.

serpiente 2011-11-02 20:02

I for one didnt see a conflict in terms of good guys and bad guys, when both sides are wealding weapons. After all, Lord Matsudaira ony blew up himself and his dolls, cause Mikawa was empty. And Tadakatsu only fought for his master on his own volition. Hey! The crazy Professor even had given them the weapons to overcome the Apocalypse.

I realize that for us watchers, the end of ep 05 was the first time we saw P-01s and Toori togheter, Also, P-01s is taken far away from Musashi. Based on some magazine scan
I wonder from which scene this come, if its just a figurative ilustration, or if we will have some kind of flashback to previous encounters between Toori and Horizon.

About Mortal > Deadly > Capital Sins

Quote:

The Deadly Sins do not belong to an additional category of sin. Rather, they are the sins that are seen as the origin ("capital" comes from the Latin caput, head) of the other sins. A "deadly sin" can be either venial or mortal, depending on the situation; but "they are called 'capital' because they engender other sins, other vices.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
Quote:

St. Tomas de Aquino:
“According to St. Thomas (Summa, II-II:153:4) 'a capital vice is that which has an exceedingly desirable end so that in his desire for it a man goes on to the commission of many sins all of which are said to originate in that vice as their chief source.' It is not then the gravity of the vice in itself that makes it capital but rather the fact that it gives rise to many other sins.”
http://www.aquinasandmore.com/cathol...ns/article/252
So Capital doesnt mean Deadly...

Some questions:

According to Lord Motonobu, The Capital Sin Armament originate from a person soul, that person being his own daughter Horizon Ariadust. That means those weapons are relatively new in the Horizon world, those weapons were created after Horizon death.

1 - I came to two differents translations of ep 05, and one said Motonobu hit Horizon intentionally. Which one is correct?

2 - Are ALL the weapons developed from Horizon feelings? Or the others 8 were developed from other persons souls? Again, there is a sub-tle difference in both versions, but I believed all of the weapons comes from Horizon. Is that right?

3 - Kind of spoilerish question about Horizon feelings
Spoiler for gotta collect them all!:

Asuras 2011-11-02 20:26

If I didn't know any better, it almost seemed like the end of the episode was the end of a cour. :heh:

It was an awesome episode, but I felt like some of the weapons and abilities demonstrated during the episode could've been described or elaborated upon more. They were cool and all, but what exactly is (besides clumsy looking :heh:) the Deadly sin Armament that Muneshige had? And the spear that Tadakatsu had; what is its power? Seems like it just has ranged capabilities really.

And what was the purpose of the tongue piercing (f'kin hot by the way :naughty:)?

Nightengale 2011-11-02 20:27

Motonobu is obviously a little bit off in his head when it comes to his fetishes, but he's obviously not a madman... entirely.

He dismissed most of his vassals before the series started, so it was obvious he planned the whole thing out for a decent while and made it so that casualties were just himself and Tadakatsu.

Same with sending P-01s ( Horizon ) to Musashi one year in advance. If it was just a matter of getting her out of Mikawa and to safety before his mad plan, he could have done it on the day itself, it didn't need to be one year in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by serpiente (Post 3838695)
I wonder from which scene this come, if its just a figurative ilustration, or if we will have some kind of flashback to previous encounters between Toori and Horizon.

Well, we know that Toori has at least been meeting Horizon daily for one whole year, based on the conversation between Blue Thunder owner and Masazumi.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-11-02 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asuras (Post 3838719)
And what was the purpose of the tongue piercing (f'kin hot by the way :naughty:)?

Think of it as a soul gem, it contains the soul of his late wife.

Kunagisa 2011-11-02 20:35

http://vlog.xuite.net/play/eEU0dDlULTM5NzQ1NTMuZmx2

ep6 preview

Nightengale 2011-11-02 20:37

Quote:

It was an awesome episode, but I felt like some of the weapons and abilities demonstrated during the episode could've been described or elaborated upon more. They were cool and all, but what exactly is (besides clumsy looking :heh:) the Deadly sin Armament that Muneshige had?.

Well, just judging from the show itself...

1. It has a short-range phase attack, probably similar to Tonbokiri.
2. Long-range limited-usage high powered cannon.

Quote:

And the spear that Tadakatsu had; what is its power? Seems like it just has ranged capabilities really.

It can seemingly cut [anything] reflected in its blade.

Portrayed from when he cut the [distance] between where he was and where he teleported to when Muneshige almost got him from behind.

Asuras 2011-11-02 20:39

Also can someone explain to me

Spoiler for spoiler:

serpiente 2011-11-02 20:39

... And I think it was in precisely in her tongue because his late wife (and Katsuno thereafter) seems to have a "sharp tongue". Nice detail. I wonder where Horizon soul could have been placed?

JediNight 2011-11-03 00:04

The action was nice this episode, but there was also a lot of pointless drama. I can't come up with any logical reason for many of the major events in this episode.

Blowing up Mikawa serves no logical purpose as it's independent of the info about the Deadly Sin weapons/Armageddon and the revelation about Horizon. Holding Horizon accountable for what the previous leader did and already died for, again illogical. Especially since she didn't even know she WAS Horizon. Then Toori nearly being killed trying to confess to Horizon when the other guy assaulted their commander and was merely tossed aside.

Xellos-_^ 2011-11-03 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediNight (Post 3838970)
The action was nice this episode, but there was also a lot of pointless drama. I can't come up with any logical reason for many of the major events in this episode.

Blowing up Mikawa serves no logical purpose as it's independent of the info about the Deadly Sin weapons/Armageddon and the revelation about Horizon. Holding Horizon accountable for what the previous leader did and already died for, again illogical. Especially since she didn't even know she WAS Horizon. Then Toori nearly being killed trying to confess to Horizon when the other guy assaulted their commander and was merely tossed aside.

1. Blowing up Mikawa derails the plan of the Testament Union in creating history. Why he does it, i don't know, i also don't expect to be told everything in the first five ep.

2. Holding Horizon responsible makes perfect sense as the TU needs a political scape goat and as the daughter and Heir of Mikawa. She makes the perfect scapegoat.

3. Toori was interfering with TU goons orders and getting on the guys nerve.

I ask this before, since you are not enjoying the show why do you bother to keep watching it? After 5 eps you should know whether Horizon is your kind of show.

ninja_pintu 2011-11-03 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 3838981)
2. Holding Horizon responsible makes perfect sense as the TU needs a political scape goat and as the daughter and Heir of Mikawa. She makes the perfect scapegoat.

Also, it could be that they are using suicide as an excuse, so that they can take out horizon's soul out of P01s.