AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2008-04-14 07:05

Upcoming merchandise pics
From The Gundam Base's New Products section:
HG Gundam Nadleeh
HG Tieren Space Commander Type

Edit: Now updated with...
HG Gundam Throne Drei
BB Senshi Sangokuden Sousou Gundam + Shibai Sazabi ~Miracle Of Guandu~
MG Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam
Mechanic Collection Guren Mk-II
BB Senshi Sangokuden Kakouen Dalas
1/100 Gundam Astraea


frm gunota

Ardi220288 2008-04-14 08:35

hmm HG nadleeh looks realy nice and poseable but I'm really concern about the hair (experience from my previous virtue/nadleeh) don't know about the HG tieren though because I can't really find the difference

Astrana 2008-04-14 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardi220288 (Post 1534232)
hmm HG nadleeh looks realy nice and poseable but I'm really concern about the hair (experience from my previous virtue/nadleeh) don't know about the HG tieren though because I can't really find the difference

the HG tieren Space Type Sergei Custom is just regular HG tieren Space Type with little extra addons, really gay imo. Nadleeh looks really nice, from what i heard the proportion is better than 1/100 I am gladd i pre-ordered it

Shiro-Oh! 2008-04-14 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardi220288 (Post 1534232)
hmm HG nadleeh looks realy nice and poseable but I'm really concern about the hair (experience from my previous virtue/nadleeh)

I remember someone (either Makube or Lowe) saying that Nadleeh's hair will be made out of flexible materials that will be superior than its 1/100 counterpart. That was back when a picture of HG Nadleeh (with some info about it) was first posted in this forum. So yeah, it should be a little bit better than the 1/100 to say the least. ;)

Astrana 2008-04-14 17:49

I want to share some experience on Primer.

Tamiya is the way to go.

First primer I ever used was from Testco (something like that) it was really thick, and even after a day it still has a lil wet feeling, you can see ur finger print if u press hard on it. since it was the first primer I ever used, I thought it suppose be that way for spray cans.

I got a bottle of Tamiya Surface Primer today, wow it works amazing. the primer dried within an hour, and when I applied the paint on top it, the paint dried up really fast as well, and it did not have the super glossy feeling I had with Testco Primer

Critias 2008-04-14 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1534150)
Upcoming merchandise pics
From The Gundam Base's New Products section:
HG Gundam Nadleeh
HG Tieren Space Commander Type

Edit: Now updated with...
HG Gundam Throne Drei
BB Senshi Sangokuden Sousou Gundam + Shibai Sazabi ~Miracle Of Guandu~
MG Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam
Mechanic Collection Guren Mk-II
BB Senshi Sangokuden Kakouen Dalas
1/100 Gundam Astraea


frm gunota


Astraea looks f-ing awesome!

Rey Za Burrel 2008-04-15 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtwesen (Post 1534108)
to anyone with the MG Destiny: is it easy to loosen the wings? Especially the main section (with the black bit). On the 1/100, it is only 1 hinge, and it's already loose from posing and reposing a few times.

and now I need to decide between the normal and the special editions. Grr, so many to buy... MG Impulse, MG Destiny, Flag, the Thrones *wallet disintegrates*

My MG Destiny's wings are pretty solid , the only thing that is easy to loosen is the left hand ( from the joint that connects it to the body )
Dunno if other MG Destiny has the same problem as mine or not :D

strike66 2008-04-15 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 1534032)
Great collection. I have to buy such glass furniture for my kits real soon.
Cool Destiny there, mate. And Savior somehow impresses me, too :) Maybe...

I can also see the yellow Hyaku Shiki there. It's the one with ballute system, right? And the MG Hi-Nu Gundam. Nice.

And your ver. Ka Wing just made me wonder whether I should really buy it. Looks awesome.


The AcGuy looks great. I like its rusty structure

Yea, i try to make my models into poses that make it visually attractive :heh:

The hyaku shiki is the ballute system version, sort of wanted the golden version but couldnt find it. And the wing gundam is decent, very hard to pose with the buster rifle though.

GameraBaenre 2008-04-15 13:03

Tax day update.... I actually couldn't get as much done because I was spending some time working on my taxes.... at least Calif is going to pay me back for the intrest free loan I gave them... *sigh*

Well, on the a bit of work...With these hguc kits, there are a good number of detail areas that should be masked off. In hindsight, I should have painted most of the detail areas as they were indented areas and masking over those areas is much easier to masking in the other direction....

I've also been using Parafilm. The stuff is great for covering large areas, I end up saving on tape with a small amount of parafilm.

And lucky for me, when I lifted the masking tape, the true test to surface prep is shown as the underlying paint didn't lift. I also lifted the masking tape a couple of minutes after painting. I do this because the paint isn't completely cured. I've had instances when lifting the masking tape, long after the paint has cured, left uneven edges as chipping and lifting occurs. This is easily fixed by scoring the paint along the edges of the masking tape, however, if scoring the edge can be avoided, it is best to do so.


Some more detail work on some of the internals:

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-15 20:43

^such amazing detail man, top notch stuff all the time :D

Astrana 2008-04-16 01:43

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OALn8VFkjyk

lol, this is awesome, the guy did that is too pro

trowa babeliii 2008-04-16 21:14

completed work..

archieved here...

http://babeliii.multiply.com/photos/album/64


work in progress i'm currently doing...

archieved of the complete WIP can be found here...
http://babeliii.multiply.com/photos/album/66

both are open to comments and discussions...=)

Critias 2008-04-16 21:24

nice works, especially like the glittery Virtue (GN Field-like effect I assume?)

Also, could you put those pics in a spoiler tag or something. It'll save space and all that.

LightningZERO 2008-04-16 21:25

Wow...shining! :D

duotiga 2008-04-17 07:19

release in Jpn today

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/...g/10068478.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10068478

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/...g/10068475.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10068475

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-17 20:13

anyone know a NA site with the hg nu gundam:confused:

Mister Mister 2008-04-17 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 1542413)
anyone know a NA site with the hg nu gundam:confused:


http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban948832.html
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948832


hobbylink is cheaper, but you'll have to wait for them to restock.

edit: sorry, I thought you said Hi-Nu, not HG Nu. gimme a sec.

edit2: here's the HLJ page for the HG Nu: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953143

Fafnir 2008-04-17 21:12

I'm sad to inform you that, thanks to the idiots who cleaned my house today, my model of the Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L has been broken... The right arm is broken off the joint, and I doubt gluing it would help hold that massive sword(and let's face it, the only reason anyone bought it is specifically because of that:p). So now I'm not so sure what to replace it with. I've been thinking of Hi-Nu, Unocorn, or Amatsu Mina Custom. Perhaps a Zaku model...

And no, I doubt I'll see my money back.

It's like they deliberatly went out of the way to damage my models, because even though they were all knocked down, not a single one was actually cleaned...

Judge Bao 2008-04-17 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Mister (Post 1542537)
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban948832.html
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948832


hobbylink is cheaper, but you'll have to wait for them to restock.

edit: sorry, I thought you said Hi-Nu, not HG Nu. gimme a sec.

edit2: here's the HLJ page for the HG Nu: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953143

Rainbowten is the cheapest:

0071300712299,BANDAI,5600YEN,MG 1/100 RX-93-NU2 Hi-NU GUNDAM

(from: http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html)

They always have it in stock and the shipping is pretty fast too (less than two weeks from Japan to Canada)

theOtherGuy 2008-04-17 21:46

I always thought...the GN Arms just game with the regular HG Exia..but...sadly...

http://dalong.net/review/00/0h13/p/0h13_36.jpg

Spitfire 2008-04-17 21:58

The face on Dalongs Trans-Am Exia sure is messed up. Mine looks normal though. Odd...

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-17 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Mister (Post 1542537)
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban948832.html
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948832


hobbylink is cheaper, but you'll have to wait for them to restock.

edit: sorry, I thought you said Hi-Nu, not HG Nu. gimme a sec.

edit2: here's the HLJ page for the HG Nu: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953143

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Bao (Post 1542552)
Rainbowten is the cheapest:

0071300712299,BANDAI,5600YEN,MG 1/100 RX-93-NU2 Hi-NU GUNDAM

(from: http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html)

They always have it in stock and the shipping is pretty fast too (less than two weeks from Japan to Canada)

thanks...I've wanted to order rainbowten but how reliable is their shipping, it sounds a little sketchy to me

GameraBaenre 2008-04-17 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 1542849)
thanks...I've wanted to order rainbowten but how reliable is their shipping, it sounds a little sketchy to me

I only order from RainbowTen. I've placed orders on a monday, and had items arrive by friday... of course I'm using EMS shipping. Of the major Japan based online shops, I buy from them first.

Aceywacey 2008-04-18 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblackoutx (Post 1528099)
Is anyone that lives in sydney, australia on here that could tell me if there is a shop in the city that sells gundam models?

You can get some at Hobbyco in the QVB in the city ...

duotiga 2008-04-18 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1542623)
The face on Dalongs Trans-Am Exia sure is messed up. Mine looks normal though. Odd...

i am thinking did he stick properly or not? :confused:

Sir Dearka 2008-04-18 08:06

^I suppose that somehow the guy just assembled the head and forgot/didn't feel like sticking the eyes before linking the vision core with other parts. Maybe it's the effect of applying the sticker externally...

RedWing 2008-04-18 14:20

I love R10 because they allow AIR shipping. Its almost as fast as EMS but its way cheaper. Its also way faster than SAL. I usually get the item 6-7 days after they send it. R10 also lie for me so I can get the item through customs :)

Shiro-Oh! 2008-04-18 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWing (Post 1543871)
R10 also lie for me so I can get the item through customs :)

LOL, seriously, they'd do that? O_o

I'm thinking of buying a Hi-Nu from them; they have it for a reasonable price, unlike what HLJ is offering (7000 yen!).

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-18 15:37

Im just worried about sal because the lack of being able to track it :(

Zerowinger 2008-04-18 16:27

I got my impulse & Zaku today! :) im extremly pleased as it now share a place with my megazord :)

http://www.filefrog.net/out.php/t5876_CIMG0962.jpghttp://www.filefrog.net/out.php/t5875_CIMG0967.jpghttp://www.filefrog.net/out.php/t5874_CIMG0966.jpghttp://www.filefrog.net/out.php/t5873_CIMG0959.jpg
http://www.filefrog.net/out.php/t5872_CIMG0955.jpghttp://www.filefrog.net/out.php/t5871_CIMG0954.jpghttp://www.filefrog.net/out.php/t5870_CIMG0947.jpg

beamknight87 2008-04-19 00:27

whoa, the 1/60 scale? Care to say pros and cons? Once I was tempted to get that model

Astrana 2008-04-19 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1544843)
whoa, the 1/60 scale? Care to say pros and cons? Once I was tempted to get that model

from the picture it seems bit unproportion. dude, wait and get the MG one, looks way better.

RedWing 2008-04-19 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiro-Oh! (Post 1543953)
LOL, seriously, they'd do that? O_o

I'm thinking of buying a Hi-Nu from them; they have it for a reasonable price, unlike what HLJ is offering (7000 yen!).

Yeah HLJ refuse to do it but, R10 do it every time i order from them. UK customs are crazy (8 "handling" charge on top of customs), so R10 just say the item is 1000 Yen and a Gift so it gets through quick and I don't have to pay a penny.

Judge Bao 2008-04-19 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWing (Post 1545274)
Yeah HLJ refuse to do it but, R10 do it every time i order from them. UK customs are crazy (8 "handling" charge on top of customs), so R10 just say the item is 1000 Yen and a Gift so it gets through quick and I don't have to pay a penny.

Yup that's why i buy the models with them for 3+ years. Tricked the customs for 3+ years too :D

I always used SAL and it never failed me, their packing is excellent too, plastic coating around box, outside coating by some Eleven newspaper and guaranteed to have no scratch at all.

RedWing 2008-04-19 12:35

What was your first model? Since im new to modelling mine was Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode.

Sir Dearka 2008-04-19 13:24

My first Model Kit? A 1/100 HG Buster Gundam :]


I've just got Lockon Stratos trading figure and the matching gunpla, so I feel like sharing with my joy:

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-19 22:26

what do you say so you dont have to deal with customs??? also isn't their like 20% off all bandai things on rainbowten?

RedWing 2008-04-20 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 1546555)
what do you say so you dont have to deal with customs??? also isn't their like 20% off all bandai things on rainbowten?

1. Living in UK they charge you tax for anything over 18 (I think) plus an 8 handling fee. Because R10 put the item as a low amount and a gift I don't have to pay customs. I don't think this affects you if you are in the US.

2. Yep 20% off all bandai stuff. Thats why Hi-Nu is 5600 yen instead of 7000.

Shiro-Oh! 2008-04-20 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWing (Post 1547091)
Yep 20% off all bandai stuff. Thats why Hi-Nu is 5600 yen instead of 7000.

I see. So they're having a 20% off, eh? How long will that be effective?

EXEs 2008-04-20 10:34

Fuck fuck FUCK, I broke the arm off my Exia, now I gotta buy a brand new one.

Asides from that, does anyone know when Avalanche Exia is coming out?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.