AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kurogane no Linebarrel (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59350)

zalem 2008-10-11 20:49

Er, why if you don't mind me asking?

LightningZERO 2008-10-11 20:56

I think he's a very good example of what if a 14 years old powerless kid who is always bullied receives power? Of course he will get cocky and starts to abuse his power instead of using it to do good like other anime characters. I think he's very real, which is why I like him. Besides, it's fun to see him shouting anime cliches while fighting other robots :D

Or maybe Kouichi just remind me of myself, about the escape to fantasy part :p

Conan-san 2008-10-12 02:13

Yeah, give someone who's more or less been conditioned like that a weapon and your asking for trouble.

The OP is horrid though and I'm wondering if/when we'll get to him being hoisted by his own petard.

Also, this better not turn into another Bokurano.

Shiroth 2008-10-12 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1980971)
I think he's a very good example of what if a 14 years old powerless kid who is always bullied receives power?

I think he's a very good example of what if a 14 year old powerless boy who is always bullied receives power and then completely exaggerates about it all.

The fact that he could never do anything plays a huge part in all this. Now that he can, it's completely gone to his head and makes him look like a right moron. He's going far to over the top with his actions, and needs to learn a lesson in how to not act like a spoiled brat.

If this was Zeta Gundam, he'd have been corrected (slapped) at least around 5 times by now.

MajinLuffy 2008-10-13 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1981937)
If this was Zeta Gundam, he'd have been corrected (slapped) at least around 5 times by now.

Yup, who cares if he is immortal and has a hax machine. Bright Slap > Any Pilot :D

Still, i'm actually afraid that he's going to turn into "Shinn II", and that is going to ruin the anime for me since the main mecha don't deserve such an ass as the pilot.

technomo12 2008-10-13 02:33

you got that right i am kinda annoy by him right now!!!!

kamikazex 2008-10-13 02:54

after watching episode 2 the main character is definitively one of the bigger asses i've seen. a weak POS who cant do crap but rely on his friends. once he obtains power he gets cocky and acts like an total ass. sigh out of all the series im following this season, i wouldnt hesitate to call this guy one of the crappiest leads. potentially worse than makoto and that guy was horrible.(school days)

Ashlotte 2008-10-13 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1979497)
It seems that I'm the only one who likes this show. I find Kouichi's reaction when he's given power is pretty realistic and I can relate to that. The mecha battle is pretty fun too.

He maybe is, but that doesn't necessarily translate into something enjoyable to watch...I can see what they were attempting with the downtrodden weakling who obtains power, but its the whole self delusional "Hero of Justice" BS that really makes him so vile to me.

If they had played him straight up megalomanical with this personality that would have actually been entertaining...But him just spouting saturday morning cartoon crap about justice and not giving a damn at the same time who he hurts or what he destroys is pathetic at best. If he wants to go blow up the world and show everyone his power, hey go for it...But don't sit their and say your a protector of a town and its people as you go about destorying peoples lives and homes...

I can only hope someone sets him straight although with spineless boring friends and an amnesiac partner in crime I can't see it being anytime soon.

I'll probably give it one more episode just out of morbid curiosity to see if they show any kind of progress with his character or if they shift more focus to JUDA...

zetsumei 2008-10-13 11:25

Guess I'll join in on the bashing of the too~ God, Kouichi is so annoying! Aside from that the series is pretty good so far. I hope something will happen in the next 2-3 episodes to change his attitude or I might just have to drop this series. I really can't stand Kouichi’s cockiness ;_:

Kaioshin Sama 2008-10-13 14:37

Well that was a minor improvement over the first episode in a couple of ways I suppose. First of all the reason I didn't talk about the "You're already dead" line from last episode is because I thought it was a metaphor or something for him having to give up his own life. I guess I should have realized I was watching Kurogane No Linebarrel though where everything is as literal as it's made out to be. Though any drama in the scene of Kouichi's death was killed by the fact that Emi was screaming her head off while naked in the cockpit. Why was there any reason whatsoever for her to be piloting the thing naked?

Secondly, because of the character designs I continue to have trouble telling anybody apart. Hirai's character designs seem to actually be getting worse if that's possible.

Thirdly there's the whole issue of the show pretty much killing the term justice for me. I get the sense I'm supposed to be rooting against the Linebarrel (though perhaps this is unintentional), and I am, because for no explained reason other then it's pilot is dead it's truly overpowered and able to take out everybody without it's pilot breaking a sweat. He also attacks his own allies for shallow reasons, and doesn't even have any sense of duty when it comes to protecting the area he's fighting in. How he can think this is "justice" and get away with it I don't know. I also don't know how I feel about Kouichi having all of this power and skill without even having to work for it, but on the other hand, the fact that the one bad guy brought this obvious fact up makes me think there's a chance that it could become a theme. I don't think I'm the only one hoping that some real justice will be visited upon our "hero".

Then again this is Kurogane No Linebarrel so it's likely they'll come up with some way to rationalize all of this and make him look like the good guy again. I hope not, but I'm going to continue being realistic with what I still think is an experiment.

So if the last episode was about a 2.5 then I guess this one is about a 4.5/10. Baby steps......

[DOT].L 2008-10-14 05:29

If anything, these first two episodes has shown that power in the hands of a giant cockbag can be a very bad thing. Perfect illustration of the concept of "Hey, shit happens."

I mean, jeez, this guy flaunts his assholery even more than Shinn Asuka of GSD. Colour me impressed, 'cuz it's been a while since the last time an anime character has been able to rub me the wrong way this damn much.

OP does not help with the situation one bit. Nuh-uh, not one bit...

SuperKnuckles 2008-10-14 09:44

I liked the OP... a lot actually, because of Ali Project. heh

I do think the main guy will get his due sooner than later. It's building up to it. You know it is.

Kouvley 2008-10-14 12:12

PV of the ending song Ame ga Furu by Maaya Sakamoto.

Beautiful song, best I've heard from her in a while. Probably wasted on this show IMO. :heh:

LightningZERO 2008-10-14 13:02

Wow. A very beautiful song indeed. Maaya Sakamoto is beautiful in it too :love:

Shiroth 2008-10-14 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles (Post 1987109)
I do think the main guy will get his due sooner than later. It's building up to it. You know it is.

I sure hope so, though i could see Gonzo keeping Kouichi like he is until the end of the series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kouvley (Post 1987368)
Beautiful song, best I've heard from her in a while. Probably wasted on this show IMO. :heh:

Easily the best part of the series.

FLCL 2008-10-14 15:38

im dropping it this smells of lolgonzo all over it and i dont want a part of that

Tiamat's Disciple 2008-10-14 17:38

I'm in 2 minds over this one. After Blast i had high expectations, and sadly this hasn't lived upto them.

The aspect of the weak suddenly getting power is a good one, but if they drag it out for to long people grow tired of it. Hell it's only the second ep and i've had enough already >.<

I'll give it one more episode, then'll give up with it. Much rather spend my cash on something else

davie 2008-10-14 20:00

I would've judged this series O.K. but it's definitely a no after being spoiled by Macross Frontier, Code Geass, and Bonen no Xamdou.

Ryougi Shiki 2008-10-15 06:51

How did Gonzo fuck this up so badly? They screwed up the manga plot in the first goddamn episode.

Darkside 2008-10-15 14:44

Ep 1 was a good laugh. They took Emiya Shirou and pushed it to a whole new level.

I don't mind the CG mecha animation, though the traditional and cg styles clash a bit in this series. Would have been nicer if it was done more like Macross Frontier.