AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Clash of the Titans (March 2010) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88324)

killer3000ad 2009-11-11 06:07

Clash of the Titans (March 2010)

Yet another remake of a classic. Maybe it's just the rock music they used in the trailer which while i admit beats the usual generic orchestra music in other trailer, it just sounds.... out of place.
On another note, Sam Worthington is really keeping busy, this and Avatar.

Lonewolf 2009-11-11 08:40

Good lord whats next? Hollywood needs a wake up call. I wonder if any of these directors who made these originals 20-30 years ago would of made these great originals if they knew that because no one can come up with anything better it gets turned into recycled garbage 20 years later. Seems to much of a trend these days well even the last several years.

I only say this for respect of the original which I saw when I was very young and still love to this day. One of the first films I actually watched.

Tsuyoshi 2009-11-11 08:44

I'm calling it on this one: another cheap rip-off of 300 and Brutal Legend all in one.

Sinestra 2009-11-11 14:26

Saw the teaser this morning.

Great another classic thats going to be bastardized by Hollywood. It will have pretty CG but they will change the story and it will be crap. If it aint broke dont fix it. sigh trying be original and stop remaking everything under the sun. The original was and still one of my favorite movies of all time hell they are going to remake the movie "Blackhole" as well thats going to piss me off too.

RadiantBeam 2009-11-11 15:04

I'm not even going to bother with it. The trailer alone had me cringing.

Tsuyoshi 2009-11-11 16:22

And I'd have thought they were satisfied with brutally mutilating Prince of Persia. Now this. Sir Patrick Stewart, what were you thinking?

RadiantBeam 2009-11-11 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo (Post 2761826)
And I'd have thought they were satisfied with brutally mutilating Prince of Persia. Now this. Sir Patrick Stewart, what were you thinking?

He's thinking about the quickest way to make money, and lots of it.

Sinestra 2009-11-12 10:34

So i IMDB'd Sam Worthington the guy who is playing Perseus in CoT. If you look at "In Development" #1 has him playing a role that im sure we all have heard of. In yet another remake done at least 3 times already. does "Captain Nemo" ring a bell to anyone.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0941777/

CrowKenobi 2009-11-12 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf (Post 2761275)
Good lord whats next? Hollywood needs a wake up call. I wonder if any of these directors who made these originals 20-30 years ago would of made these great originals if they knew that because no one can come up with anything better it gets turned into recycled garbage 20 years later. Seems to much of a trend these days well even the last several years.

This. :D

I got the same feeling when I found out that ABC re-did "V"... :rolleyes:

What happened to that "epic" feel? I get none of that watching that trailer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo (Post 2761285)
I'm calling it on this one: another cheap rip-off of 300 and Brutal Legend all in one.

I'd add "God of War" to that as well...

Royal_Devil 2009-11-12 12:26

So now everything Greek is a 300 ripoff? The choice of music for the trailer is definitely off but other than that I'm honestly not getting any 300 or Brutal Legend (where did this come from?) vibes.

And of course Clash of the Titans would give a God of War feel. The developers of GOW admitted Clash of the Titans was one of their biggest influences. A connection like that is inevitable.

This has always been one of the movies I actually want to see remade with updated effects. I'll wait for more story details and such before making final judgment.

cheyannew 2009-11-12 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal_Devil (Post 2763246)
And of course Clash of the Titans would give a God of War feel. The developers of GOW admitted Clash of the Titans was one of their biggest influences. A connection like that is inevitable.

If I recall rightly, the character of Perseus in GoW2 was actually voiced by the actor from Clash... Been a long while since anyone in the hous eplayed that game though...

felix 2009-11-13 00:36

Got to love the hate in this thread. Hello people! wake up, today's 14 year olds weren't here 30 years ago! they ain't gonna watch your version from 30 years ago either.

Lonewolf 2009-11-13 07:08

Quote:

Got to love the hate in this thread. Hello people! wake up, today's 14 year olds weren't here 30 years ago! they ain't gonna watch your version from 30 years ago either.
I could go into blah todays youth blah blah but its not worth it, im not that old yet. its really not hate just disappointment really.

I hate kids I only say this cuz I was a little heathen when I was young. Terrorized a lot of people.

cheyannew 2009-11-13 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats (Post 2764368)

My 12 & 9 yr old've watched the original :)

Just throwing that out there ;)

They may not be able to watch the remake, depending on how violent it is, either...

I realize a lot of kids have become desensitized to violence, but mine still change the channel or comment if something is too violent (in their opinion), so they've missed out on a chunk of movies put out recently, feeling they're too violent.

Vexx 2009-11-13 10:34

My family makes it a habit to go watch "the originals" when a remake occurs (whatever the medium) .... its made my kids much more discerning about what they'll accept in entertainment. Sometimes the remake is better... sometimes not.

But really.... I wasn't even that fond of the original other than I've always enjoyed Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion sfx work. This trailer just left me dulled and uncaring. I might be more interested in a remake of "Jason and the Argonauts". That film a had a lot of "wonder" in it.

OTOH, the biggest problem I find with old movies (pre-1970s) is that the pacing is very leisurely or even stodgy compared with the rocket-pace, short-attention-span editing of today's films. Sometimes I'll pull up an old favorite movie only to find I can barely make it through it (e.g. Spartacus).

Ak3mi 2009-12-24 11:49

Clash Of The Titans (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6CJenNMsb4

New trailer for Clash Of The Titans remake from the classic 1981 Film.

I don't really Know what to suspect the main roll is the Sam Worthington who played in T4 and Avatar. But then again like most remakes it could be really bad.

Anyone really Excited for this? Or just dissapointed for another remake of a great film?:upset:

Tsuyoshi 2009-12-24 12:05

Are you sure it's for 2011? Cuz this thread says otherwise:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88324

Ak3mi 2009-12-24 13:36

Im pretty sure its 2011 February, as I saw a source for it but I might be wrong.

felix 2009-12-24 14:34

Given the amount of footage in the trailer and the "Coming soon" message attached, I call bullshit on it being for 2011.

Bonta Kun 2009-12-25 01:19

Ahh I never knew about this till just now:)
Well I'll go ahead and say I think it looks pretty damn good but that cause I love the setting and lore.
While I see alot displeasure towards this and the likes of Prince of Persia and Robin Hood, I couldn't care really, they are right up my alley and I got nothing to bitch about atm.
Altho saying, I am abit iffy about Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince but not enough to really put me going to see it.

Like what Vexx says tho this was a film I never really gave much thought about, I watched it, I enjoyed and that was that.
However I too would love to see a Jason and the Argonauts remake, this was one of the older films I actually really like, along with Some like it Hot, altho I wouldn't like to see a remake of Some Like it Hot cause its a film you really couldn't remake.

p.s IMDB has release date pegged in for March 2010