AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ed and Al's Dad? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5580)

Forsaken102 2004-01-22 21:09

Ed and Al's Dad?

Hi! This is my first post, but I just wanted to get you guy's opinions.

In episode 15 we were introduced (Not verbally, but by implication) to another state Alchemist from the Ishbar Rebellion era. He's a cruel fellow, with long brown hair and a moon-shaped trans. circle tatooed on both of his hands; (Reminds me alot of Gen. Gran)

I, personally, think that this fellow is Ed and Al's dad, but I could be wrong. Here's why:

Warning! Possible Spoilers!!! Highlight to read!

A.) Why I think he's the father:

1.) The series casts a bit of a bad light on Ed and Al's father, with their explicit dislike of him. They seem to think that he's a selfish, cruel man for leaving their mother. Fits right in with the personality he showed there.

2.) The series/editor/animators focused on this particular alchemist as much as they focused on other important characters during this segment; Dr. Marco, Col. Mustang, Armstrong, and Gran.

3.) He has the same color of hair that Al had when he still had a body

4.) He has Ed's golden eyes, and the same body build.

B.) Why I'm not sure he's their father:

1.) Col. Mustang was searching for Ed and Al's father Hohenheim in the beginning; but he became more interested in Ed as a state alchemist. If the man was already a state alchemist, then that would make the search a moot point.

2.) Hohenheim refused to help perform a human transmutation with Majhal in episode 4; which isn't the same character portrayal as what was in that segment

3.) I don't think their mother would miss a character such as that man as much as she did.

Any other reasons/suggestions? I wanna know what everyone else thinks!! Oh- And if you really know the answer, don't post it!! :mad:

I wanna know what their intuition says, so don't read the next four posts or so until AFTER you've voted!! :mad:

YuuOminae 2004-01-22 21:35

Answer

Spoiler:

Lord Raiden 2004-01-22 22:30

Spoiler:

Forsaken102 2004-01-22 22:32

(*Laughs*)

Naruhodo.... thanks for the info. But you ruined the fun of the poll!! NOOOoooo!!! :-)

Thanks for everyone's interest!! I guess it was a stupid question. :-P

YuuOminae 2004-01-22 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

kamij0 2004-01-23 06:10

Spoiler:

Lord Raiden 2004-01-23 10:05

I second that kamij0.

Forsaken102 2004-01-23 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I second that kamij0.

Hmmm... But, then again, I've seen alot of people who don't look fatherly and are fathers... I mean, it doesn't take being father material to become one, after all. All you have to do is have the sex drive.

kamij0 2004-01-23 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsaken102
Hmmm... But, then again, I've seen alot of people who don't look fatherly and are fathers... I mean, it doesn't take being father material to become one, after all. All you have to do is have the sex drive.

their mother seems like a nice and pretty woman, i don think she got such BAD taste in choosing her husband... :mad:

eLstar 2004-01-31 12:05

I have a feeling the Elric father is connected to Lust, Gluttony, and all those other "people". I don't know if he's dedicated or not but soemthing tells me he stayed away from his sons for a very good reason.