AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Nisemonogatari - Episode 07 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110444)

Kairin 2012-02-18 10:20

Nisemonogatari - Episode 07 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Nisemonogatari, Episode 07.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

omimon 2012-02-18 10:28

The fight scene should have had less "art" and more bloody violence.

Miraluka 2012-02-18 11:00

Waitm what? , Is that all?

I expected something more... climatic for this episode :uhoh:, I guess for the next ep will be?

larethian 2012-02-18 11:28

^ yes, that's all. Gahara's last line was CLIMAXTIC enough though. :heh:

Kunagisa 2012-02-18 12:24

Spoiler for screencaps:

Kaiki is so moe~~ I died hhhhnnnnnnngggggggggg-ing at the end there.

DorkingtonPugsly 2012-02-18 14:36

Does anyone know the reason for the delay?

ID555 2012-02-18 23:11

Haha really nice contrast with how Karen and Hitagi's scenes closed. In both of them, the 'man' wrapped things up nicely. :heh:

*sigh* not even a tiny bit of epilogue between Hitagi and Araragi, but it was expected.

ars89 2012-02-18 23:12

Karen and Koyomi's fight was intense. The showdown was less intense then what i thought it would be, but it was still entertaining. Senjougahara was great at the end.

ID555 2012-02-18 23:26

Shinobi was really cute too. Also, if she's able to feel his pain etc, then later that night....

00Coyote 2012-02-19 00:39

Araragi would make a insane tank in any MMORPG.

I would say the final confrontation with Kaiki was anticlimactic, but honestly that fight was just a side story. This show has always been about the interactions between the characters, the conflict and tension is in the dialogue, the plot only servers to facilitate the conversations. Bakemon- was like that, and Nise- continues the wonderful tradition.

Malkuth 2012-02-19 00:53

Exactly, this is not a Hollywood film with explosions or Hong Kong one with a ton of fighting, neglecting the story and character development.

I was rather surprised Koyomi's Gandhi-approach with Karen took that long.

Anyway, very interesting information Kaiki revealed about Hitagi, the later eager to fall for whoever was able to help her... poor Koyomi :heh:

Which also kind of confused me... Kaiki and the rest of the impostors were helping her to regain her weight, right? How could this affect the divorce of her parents? Haven't they already split up after the attempted rape?

It also does not fit to help her with her disease (when her parents were together), because that would mean that Hitagi wouldn't have resisted the advances of the cultist... given what she admitted during the episode, as well as Kaiki and the other four would have con'ed her before her mother joined the cult, and therefore he wouldn't know about it.

zarqu 2012-02-19 01:38

Let's get over the superficial things first: Hitagi's new clothes :love:

I would hardly call the "fight" (I would use "meeting" or "confrontation") with Kaiki anticlimactic. Indeed, the exchange between Kaiki, Hitagi and Koyomi only reaffirmed my love for Kaiki. He is an interesting fellow, to say the least. Just having Karen punch him in the face and be done with it would be a tradegy; I'd love to listen to him some more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiki
There's no such thing as the supernatural. Don't try to drag me into your delusions. It is a nuisance.

I love this guy!

The fight scenes in the Monogatari series have always been special in a way. It's as if the creators understand the action is not the main point of the series, so they take some liberties. The scenes are exaggerated just perfectly. Motorways breaking up, characters being thrown through concrete etc. :heh: The detailed action also nicely balances the heavy dialogue of the series.

The scene where Hitagi pretty much forced Koyomi on herself was pretty awesome too. THE picture of the episode.

For random lulz :heh:
Spoiler for In denial:

ID555 2012-02-19 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarqu (Post 4013634)
The scene where Hitagi pretty much forces Koyomi on herself was pretty awesome too. THE picture of the episode.

Yeah. Hope that's the end of him treating her with kid gloves. Of course we'll never see it.

And I just realised SHinobu managed to tease both Araragi and the viewers certain viewers this week...

zarqu 2012-02-19 02:01

^ Yes, Shinobu was such a tease this week again. Deliciously so, I might add.
Spoiler for Shinobu:

Also, the suffering of being Araragi Koyomi, exemplified in one picture :heh:

Akarin 2012-02-19 02:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarqu (Post 4013634)
The scene where Hitagi pretty much forced Koyomi on herself was pretty awesome too. THE picture of the episode.

Wait a minute, they had sex right? Does that mean Shinobu can feel it when Araragi xxx Senjougahara. :uhoh:

Malkuth 2012-02-19 02:38

Yes, for all technical purposes, Shinobu did Hitagi too :eyespin:

graywolf202 2012-02-19 02:39

Pretty good episode. Could have been handled better but otherwise all of it made sense,

Lack of fighting made sense. Kaiki's a con man, not a fighter.

Hitagi was confronting her first love. Reassurance sex made sense.

ID555 2012-02-19 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf202 (Post 4013716)
Pretty good episode. Could have been handled better but otherwise all of it made sense,

Lack of fighting made sense. Kaiki's a con man, not a fighter.

Hitagi was confronting her first love. Reassurance sex made sense.

First love? Ugh..... . I'd prefer to take Hitagi's word and think of it as 'almost' first crush (if he had saved her). Though I suppose it's not as clearcut as that...

Question to novel readers: Were Karen and Araragi always that close (hugging).. or is it a new thing? :D

articuzwolf 2012-02-19 03:26

that's one hell of anti climatic episode

and so damn fast as well

= = =

scene from 02:20

is that Kugi Punch from Toriko? :heh:

Cosmic Eagle 2012-02-19 03:41

お前達はいつだって、他人のために動いている

Isn't it the same for you too, Koyomi....