AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Character Discussion - C.C (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65006)

Klashikari 2008-04-09 14:53

Character Discussion - C.C

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things C.C related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Code Geass fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

quina 2008-04-09 17:06

what? are you serious? creating a discussion topic based on character?

Skyfall 2008-04-09 17:16

This is not exactly anything new and is a pretty common practice in other subforums we have around here. Since technically there is no other place where to extensively discuss a certain character, creating character specific threads for series main characters has been practiced for a good while now. Moving on ..

Blue_Mercy 2008-04-09 17:32

Um this one is kind of tough. I mean we don't even know her real name and we are 26 episodes into the series. :heh:

C.C. is an immortal youth and has lived for hundreds of years. She constantly refers to herself as a witch, due to the fact she was more than likely hunted during the witch trial eras. She has been burned alive, tortured, crushed in the ocean, shot several times, but you can't kill her. She entered into a contract with Lelouch which we know nothing about only that she will tell Lelouch eventually and she must keep him alive.

Her attitude is arrogant, crude, critical, but also supportive at times, and is emotional when her humanity is discussed. She also loves pizza. It is also believed she can speak to the dead, and with others like her such as V.V. telepathically.

In 2006 she entered into a different contract with an asian named Mao. However, she eventually ditched him when he wasn't able to fulfill the contract.

ashlay 2008-04-09 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy (Post 1522438)
In 2006 she entered into a different contract with an asian named Mao. However, she eventually ditched him when he wasn't able to fulfill the contract.

The matter is much more complicated than that Blue, I'd say this is a case where the novel material is more than applicable. >_>

C.C.'s contract with Mao tells us a whole lot about her personality, which in many ways mirrors Lelouch's, even if we still don't know what her motivation is.

Dann of Thursday 2008-04-09 17:45

Well, the answer regarding her contract isn't going to be getting an answer anytime soon, though someone is going to bring it up. Lelouch never got an answer for when he asked her what the conditions were.

Regarding C.C., I'd say she still has her humanity and emotions but has experienced so much that a lot of it is buried deep within. She also needs that contract completed, which would make emotions a hindrence. Of course, she hasn't done an entirely good job doing that with Lelouch.

Kittie Rose 2008-04-09 18:37

Someone on /m/ posted saying she was
Spoiler for Code Geass R2:

Dann of Thursday 2008-04-09 18:40

That's random speculation. Could be true, but I doubt it.

Kittie Rose 2008-04-09 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday (Post 1522570)
That's random speculation. Could be true, but I doubt it.

I think it fits.

Dann of Thursday 2008-04-09 18:51

That name seems way too short to have fit with the lip movements. And I have seen plenty of speculation on her being a mythological figure that fit just as well as that one. Quite frankly, I think she was at one point a human, but became like she is somehow.

It isn't impossible, but highly unlikely right now. Who knows, I could be wrong though. Still, they aren't going to directly use mythology in this show except for small little references.

ashlay 2008-04-09 18:54

I still like the Elizabeth III theory as long as we're talking about wild speculation. :rolleyes:

Dann of Thursday 2008-04-09 18:57

I still don't think that it quite fits with the timeline, though if aspects of the history were lies than it could fit. I still can't figure out how she could become head of a country or why she would even want to.

scifijimmy 2008-04-09 19:00

No, if C.C. has some mythological figure connection it'll be within the Norse pantheon. It's within that group of myths that the Ragnorok story comes.

Dann of Thursday 2008-04-09 19:02

I'd agree that is she was a goddess of any sort, it would be from the Norse myths. I'd be surprised if they had her turn out to be a goddess though.

Kittie Rose 2008-04-09 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday (Post 1522599)
That name seems way too short to have fit with the lip movements. And I have seen plenty of speculation on her being a mythological figure that fit just as well as that one. Quite frankly, I think she was at one point a human, but became like she is somehow.

It isn't impossible, but highly unlikely right now. Who knows, I could be wrong though. Still, they aren't going to directly use mythology in this show except for small little references.

The number of lip movements is irrelevant.

ashlay 2008-04-09 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittie Rose (Post 1522627)
Besides, who but a goddess could speak to dead people?

Norio Wakamoto. :heh:

Kittie Rose 2008-04-09 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday (Post 1522626)
I'd agree that is she was a goddess of any sort, it would be from the Norse myths. I'd be surprised if they had her turn out to be a goddess though.

I don't see why she'd be norse in specific over greek. She could be a celtic or saxxon goddess to be closer to the britain-centric feel of Geass but they aren't well known. None of them really have all that much to do with Strife.

Plus, greek myths tend to be the most widely known therefore the best to use in a fairly mainstream show. Greek gods ten to be the most "Universal".

Kittie Rose 2008-04-09 19:05

Maybe she's Tendou Souji's daughter.

HYPER CLOCK UP.

Dann of Thursday 2008-04-09 19:06

If that was the case then C.C. is forever doomed for the rest of her life because of who she is. Okay, let's say that this was the case. What would her wish be?

Again, if there is a goddess similar to the one you are talking about in the Norse myths than it could fit. They aren't going to randomly choose gods and goddesses from different cultures.

_DaViD_ 2008-04-09 19:12

Quote:

the reincarnation of the Goddess Eris, thus her seemingly causing strife everywhere she goes. The "Geass" are powers from the gods; as they are things you would expect Gods to be able to do; like listen to thoughts, and implant thoughts.
well, in the last part of R2 lelouch was thinking about having more power and she knew it, cus she kissed him when he finished thinking about it and told him about the power that was sealed within him.

and even if its speculation we can think that she or V.V implanted Lulu's thoughts if they are able to do it.