AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2012-02-18 11:24

But those knees...ugh...stickers?!

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-02-18 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4012799)
But those knees...ugh...stickers?!

Dude! Get over it! Or paint it yourself, if you don't like it, but quit complaining, please. The kit looks great imo, and that's all that counts. For me, anyway.

LoweGear 2012-02-18 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4012799)
But those knees...ugh...stickers?!

Then, don't use them. The MG AGE-1 as shown already looks good OOB, and the legs look as they should even without the stickers. All you're getting by putting the stickers is making those parts darker than they already are.

RX93-2 2012-02-18 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4012799)
But those knees...ugh...stickers?!

:rolleyes: I could find this here within 30seconds so click this and stop complaining:
http://i.imgur.com/UM1lQ.jpg

MrSubstitute1 2012-02-18 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX93-2 (Post 4012981)
:rolleyes: I could find this here within 30seconds so click this and stop complaining:
http://i.imgur.com/UM1lQ.jpg

I have a feeling that he would say they are not black.

suiton629 2012-02-18 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSubstitute1 (Post 4013008)
I have a feeling that he would say they are not black.

;)

Well they're not black. Hm. They decided to go with the inner frame color? Not bad I guess...

I plan on putting a gun metal color on all inner frame kits (with the gray frame) anyway so I guess it wouldn't be too bad?

maknaedik 2012-02-19 01:08

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...review-by.html

-Clear green part for the scope looks good.
-It actually retained the circle thingy under the skirt armor, which I thought they'll eliminate.
-As far as I can see, I think it's SEAMLESS :)))))
-No need to line those tiny lines because the inner frame is exposed underneath. It's actually good since my rule is: gray lines for the white parts and black lines for the rest.

Now I can't wait for Titus :)

casval cehack 2012-02-19 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4013597)
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...review-by.html

-Clear green part for the scope looks good.
-It actually retained the circle thingy under the skirt armor, which I thought they'll eliminate.
-As far as I can see, I think it's SEAMLESS :)))))
-No need to line those tiny lines because the inner frame is exposed underneath. It's actually good since my rule is: gray lines for the white parts and black lines for the rest.

Now I can't wait for Titus :)

Looks like a great build for the new MG concept, but IMO has little to offer from the 1/144 version, lead gundam collecting-wise.

pumpkins 2012-02-19 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4013597)
-It actually retained the circle thingy under the skirt armor, which I thought they'll eliminate.
-As far as I can see, I think it's SEAMLESS :)))))

hm. what circle thing are you referring to? the leg joint?

maknaedik 2012-02-19 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 4013730)
hm. what circle thing are you referring to? the leg joint?

Yeah, that's it :)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-19 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4013597)

Is that separate finger movement that I see? :uhoh: I also noticed the absence of pegs on the hands or the weapons. If it’s so, I just hope that the fingers aren’t loose.

At least the articulation is more than decent. Ironically, the AGE-1 Normal never had that intense movements in the anime beside by-the-numbers slashing, punching and shooting. Usually, the Gundams’ movements & articulation in the anime are too extreme the kits can’t keep up. But here, the kit's articulation & movement are actually way better than in the anime.

Yeah, I also can't wait to see MG Titus even though I hate the blue back-fin/wing on it. Can't wait to have it doing some wrestler poses :D.

maknaedik 2012-02-19 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4013817)
Is that separate finger movement that I see? :uhoh: I also noticed the absence of pegs on the hands or the weapons. If itís so, I just hope that the fingers arenít loose.

At least the articulation is more than decent. Ironically, the AGE-1 Normal never had that intense movements in the anime beside by-the-numbers slashing, punching and shooting. Usually, the Gundamsí movements & articulation in the anime are too extreme the kits canít keep up. But here, the kit's articulation & movement are actually way better than in the anime.

Yeah, I also can't wait to see MG Titus even though I hate the blue back-fin/wing on it. Can't wait to have it doing some wrestler poses :D.

The thumb is on a ball joint and has a knuckle joint as well. You could say that it's similar to 2.0 kits, but found in the thumb instead.

I'm gonna do a LOT of wrestling poses with it, that's for sure. A very poseable bulky MS like Titus is a dream come true for me.

RX93-2 2012-02-19 05:10

Looks like a good, solid kit really.
And I rather have these somewhat more simple frames (It is still a full frame with good detail anyway) than even higher pricing due to oil prices.

MakubeX2 2012-02-19 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 4009096)
An unpainted review by Hacchaka is available. Now I'm impressed by it. I'm surprised that they redesigned the rifle, I thought they would just re-use the ones that were from the Strike Noir. The Assault Shroud parts look kinda loose though.

Hmm, it seems that there's a mention about "the waist being unrotatable" at the end of the review (腰があまり回らない点だけ残念でしたが). So far, this is the only review that brings this point up. So anyone can confirmed this ?

LoweGear 2012-02-19 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4013925)
Hmm, it seems that there's a mention about "the waist being unrotatable" at the end of the review (腰があまり回らない点だけ残念でしたが). So far, this is the only review that brings this point up. So anyone can confirmed this ?

If I have to hazard a guess from the images on that page, I think the Assault Shroud is so bulky that it inhibits the waist motion. Without the extra armor, the Duel's waist rotates and twists as expected.

casval cehack 2012-02-19 06:00

Looking at Hacchaka's gallery, the assault shroud parts hinders articulation in the waist area.

MakubeX2 2012-02-19 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4013940)
If I have to hazard a guess from the images on that page, I think the Assault Shroud is so bulky that it inhibits the waist motion. Without the extra armor, the Duel's waist rotates and twists as expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4013941)
Looking at Hacchaka's gallery, the assault shroud parts hinders articulation in the waist area.

Of course. As evident from a shot of the plain Duel which I failed to noticed earlier :-

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/4238/bbd02826s.jpg

But still the postioning of the waist plating prevents it from rotating fully. A point that is also made clear from Hacchaka :-
(ただ今回腰が少ししか回らず、これ以上曲げるとグレーのパーツが外れるような仕様だったのが残 念。)

Un1ver5e 2012-02-19 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4014084)
Of course. As evident from a shot of the plain Duel which I failed to noticed earlier

That range is just about what the human waist can twist. I suppose it should not be a problem to anyone since posing the Duel beyond the ranges of that articulation would make it look unnatural.

Appel 2012-02-19 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 4014166)
That range is just about what the human waist can twist. I suppose it should not be a problem to anyone since posing the Duel beyond the ranges of that articulation would make it look unnatural.

i really dont get how so many people always complain that you cant rotate the waist and head 180 or even 360 degrees :P its not like this benefits posing!
human-like posability is all you really need. and the duel seems to nail that pretty well!

maknaedik 2012-02-19 09:04

For me, the head must at least turn sideways. Waist rotation, hmmm.. I think at least it must turn sideways as well. If not, I'll complain and looks like Duel can't rotate its waist sideways


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.