AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fan Creations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any AMV makers in the house? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67379)

c-mind 2008-06-08 02:42

Any AMV makers in the house?

Hello! Long-time lurker here.

Anyways, I've just finished a remix of the song "Sousei", part of the soundtrack in AIR, the Key/VisualArt's animation/game/manga/apple pie, and was wondering if anyone would take up the offer. I don't imagine many will, but hey, I might as well give it a shot.

I simply intend to post the result on YouTube, maybe use as visuals for my DJ mixes, or just enjoy the result of my work put to video. All video credit goes to you and all, of course.

And even if you aren't an AMV maker, listen to the song and comment on how I've butchered the song. It's trancey, housey, you'll like it.

Togoshi Magome - Sousei (Asian Dub Triad Radio)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ogtjiscopy.jpg

chison 2008-06-08 03:49

quite a few AMVs maker are here post every week or so,
they don't seems to looks at each others work
there don't seems to be a link between you guys
http://forums.animesuki.com/search.php?searchid=4239767
KEYWORD
AMVs

how about creating a new Social Groups of AMV and see ho

Shinbou 2008-06-08 15:13

Hmm...i'm not sure if i get your question... Are you asking to make an amv out of your remixed song?

escimo 2008-06-08 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mind (Post 1640500)
And even if you aren't an AMV maker, listen to the song and comment on how I've butchered the song. It's trancey, housey, you'll like it.

Togoshi Magome - Sousei (Asian Dub Triad Radio)

I'll jump on that. I don't think you butchered the song. It's quite a solid remix. And I quite like it. In this case you can safely call it a remix because it's quite recognizable and the feel of the original is still there. That's good.

A few notes and dislikes.
First of all, this is a matter of personal preference. Don't like the bass-line diving with the pads. It'd be more interesting IMO if it didn't.

Then the bridge just before the main, I'd make it twice longer and give it more dynamics. I'd drop the initial volume quite a bit and build up the clarity and the volume more slowly. Add a little bit of anticipation to it. Now it just feels a bit in par dynamics wise with the rest of it even as you dropped the beat.

In the end you quite needlessly increased the level of the melody sample. It even cracks a bit and there's a bit too much reverb to my tastes. The original sample has quite a bit of it already so I wouldn't have added any more.

There's also some rather interesting chords in the original you could have incorporated.

Not to get all negative here are some likes.
Good choice of samples. A bit conventional but they fit together nicely. Nothing seems out of place.
The extra hi-hat you added about midway through. Nice touch that allowed you to extend the main quite a bit without it getting repetitive. Nice touch.
Levels of individual samples are really good apart from the few things I bitched about earlier.

Overall really good. I'd see no problem in including this on one of my mixtapes.
If you have any more remixes or original works I'd be delighted to hear them.

c-mind 2008-06-08 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinbou (Post 1641721)
Hmm...i'm not sure if i get your question... Are you asking to make an amv out of your remixed song?

Yesirree. I'm mostly interested in using Air episodes for this. I'm simply asking out of the labour of love for this track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by escimo (Post 1641799)
...I'd see no problem in including this on one of my mixtapes.
If you have any more remixes or original works I'd be delighted to hear them.

Well, my normal remixes and original works are of the more deep sawtooth bassline electro kind, but if you're still interested I'd be more than happy to direct you to a website.

And regarding the promptness of the bridge, this track's meant to be a radio edit, so I'm just mainly getting to the point. I have an 8 minute version if anyone is a budding DJ. But thank you for your honest review!

escimo 2008-06-08 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mind (Post 1641940)
Well, my normal remixes and original works are of the more deep sawtooth bassline electro kind, but if you're still interested I'd be more than happy to direct you to a website.

And regarding the promptness of the bridge, this track's meant to be a radio edit, so I'm just mainly getting to the point. I have an 8 minute version if anyone is a budding DJ. But thank you for your honest review!

I'd be very interested. Hope the 8 minute version is found there too.

c-mind 2008-06-08 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by escimo (Post 1641974)
I'd be very interested. Hope the 8 minute version is found there too.

Here you go.

rainbow_rena 2008-06-09 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mind (Post 1641987)

the longer version is definatly better and i like your work

Shinbou 2008-06-09 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mind (Post 1641940)
Yesirree. I'm mostly interested in using Air episodes for this. I'm simply asking out of the labour of love for this track.

I'll be glad to try it...if someone could find a new recording programme for me :heh:
I was using fraps and now it's not working anymore, i heard rumors you had to pay or something, ill also have to wait till i have my new computer parts.

So ill try but it will take some time :uhoh:
And would you like AIR the serie or also the movie?

Also i'm not a big fan of trance/techno but i think this will fit for an amv, it has many effect sounds.

c-mind 2008-06-09 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_rena (Post 1643208)
the longer version is definatly better and i like your work

Thanks! I've been making mostly IDM and trance before so changing genres is a nice move for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinbou (Post 1643289)
And would you like AIR the serie or also the movie?

From the series, mostly. Sadly I'm a KyoAni whore.

rainbow_rena 2008-06-09 08:24

is it possible to request a downloadable version of the 8min one aswell?

c-mind 2008-06-09 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_rena (Post 1643727)
is it possible to request a downloadable version of the 8min one aswell?

On the website, next to the "Listen" field on each song, click on "d/l", that should allow you to download the file. Pretty much all my songs are downloadable.

rainbow_rena 2008-06-09 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mind (Post 1643862)
On the website, next to the "Listen" field on each song, click on "d/l", that should allow you to download the file. Pretty much all my songs are downloadable.

silly me, thanks alot.

escimo 2008-06-11 18:31

Finally had the time to go through the tracks on your site. Good stuff. Perhaps a bit progressive to my tastes. Something I would play as part of a set but I might prefer a bit lighter sound just for the listening though.

The 8 minute version of the Sousei was quite excellent. Definitely worked better in longer form. Though I still think that you could have dropped the volume a bit more coming to the bridge and brought in the low-pass a bit earlier but those are just personal preferences. And hey, that's why we have mixers and effects. :D

United we speak and Summerheat were quite catchy as well.

Damn I need to get my software working again. I've been out of the scene for far too long.
By the way, what equipment are you working with?

c-mind 2008-06-11 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by escimo (Post 1648637)
way, what equipment are you working with?

Generally, Ableton Live 7 with z3ta and Synth1. But yeah, my music's meant for a more club environment.