AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   (L) Tenjou Tenge (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4939)

AuKwOrD1 2004-01-15 19:17

Tenjou Tenge

anyone know if this manga is licensed yet or will be?

Flash_Squirrel 2004-01-15 19:28

It's licensed here, so AFAIK it might be licensed in the US too.

I'd consider buying (or downloading) it, since Ogure Ito is the best manga artist ever.

AuKwOrD1 2004-01-15 19:53

i've downloaded volumes 1-10 but i wanted to buy the manga books or comics for my own personal collection cause i really enjoyed it and the art is off the hook..thx for the reply and i hope it gets licensed in the us soon..

Flash_Squirrel 2004-01-15 20:10

Be aware that while there is no way in Hell and Heaven (pun) I might dislike Ogure Ito's art, the editing job on the release was pretty horrible..

They went as far as mirroring images resulting in wrong faced words (If you know what I mean).. It wasnt fun to see !OG in a few screens. :/

EDIT: I can't really blame them since they are releasing volumes for 2$ each..

AuKwOrD1 2004-01-16 22:52

lol sounds pretty horrible though

Jeffrey Ruebel 2004-06-14 21:53

Do you know where I can buy this manga

Kyuven 2004-06-15 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Ruebel

for now you can only buy non-english versions, primarily japanese (and likely chinese) versions from sites that deal in that kinda thing

sarcasteak 2004-06-15 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Be aware that while there is no way in Hell and Heaven (pun) I might dislike Ogure Ito's art, the editing job on the release was pretty horrible..

They went as far as mirroring images resulting in wrong faced words (If you know what I mean).. It wasnt fun to see !OG in a few screens. :/

EDIT: I can't really blame them since they are releasing volumes for 2$ each..

Which version is this...? *shudders*

I've personally verified that the Chinese version looks good, just so anyone wants to know. And yes, Oh Great! draws fabulous art... :love:

Kyuven 2004-06-16 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcasteak
And yes, Oh Great! draws fabulous art... :love:

The Natsume sisters can kick my ass anyday ^_^

Silent Otaku 2004-06-16 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Ruebel

As you may know, the current manga is licensed in america By DC Comics. If you are still interested in the japanese version Volumes (Which contain 6 Chapters each) you may find it @
www.animenation.com
www.sasugabooks.com
www.mangaoh.co.jp. (Japanese only)
http://www.nippon-export.com
They run on average about 7 to 9 $
It is also currently being released monthly (sometimes) in a Publication known as Ultra Jump in Japanese
http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/00_HP2/now_on/now_frame.htm
Volume 12 will hopefully be out in August, you may be lucky and be able to get it still with the AYA statue that comes with it (I heard some sites are still taking orders) this will run you about 40$ now that its almost being released. I hope that helps.

Jeffrey Ruebel 2004-06-24 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuKwOrD1
anyone know if this manga is licensed yet or will be?

Today D.C. COMIC licensed tenjo tenge. Here is the link.

http://www.dccomics.com/news/article...Code=cmxlaunch

Nagi_Souichiro 2004-07-30 18:22

Does Souichirou get with Aya (SPOILERS)

I read volume 4 and Nagi confessed to being in love with Maya, Im very impatient and kinda a bit saddened by the fact hes in love with maya, and nagi and aya are my 2 fav on the manga, So I was wondering and asking you veteran tenjou tenge readers, does Nagi fall in love with Aya? and Does Aya still love him? And she doesnt do anything with Masataka? Please post back soon!

Nagi_Souichiro 2004-07-30 18:42

Does Souichirou get with Aya (SPOILERS)

I read volume 4 and Nagi confessed to being in love with Maya, Im very impatient and kinda a bit saddened by the fact hes in love with maya, and nagi and aya are my 2 fav on the manga, So I was wondering and asking you veteran tenjou tenge readers, does Nagi fall in love with Aya? and Does Aya still love him? And she doesnt do anything with Masataka? Please post back soon!

kujoe 2004-07-30 18:49

Just continue reading. Nothing has been laid in stone yet, so no one can really give you a definite answer to your questions.

But if you want to know based on what's been happening so far...

Spoiler:

brightman 2004-07-30 19:04

As of the latest chapter in Japan (Ch 76) barely anything has change with their relationship... So for now, we still don't know.

Nagi_Souichiro 2004-07-30 21:33

more questions

What goes on with Masataka and Aya? Do they kiss or anything of the sort? and happens with Nagi? does he start to like maya more if he does or do u think hes drifting to aya? please be clear i really want to know, thanks in advance

kujoe 2004-07-30 23:03

You really want the story spoiled, don't you? :heh:

Spoiler:

That's it so far. If you really want to know the answers to your questions, then you'll have to wait just like the rest of us.

evil|plushie 2004-07-31 12:08

Masataka really needs to get together with another girl -_-. Preferably the new one that was introduced several chapters back. Btw, anyone knows if it was specifically indicated what exactly he saw in Aya anyway? I have no idea how he can like the younger sister and not the older one -_-

Nagi_Souichiro 2004-08-30 22:09

Tenjou Tenge American Release

Does anybody know when its coming out and where? Does anybody have any links to view for more info as it comes further in the future? I really want to buy this!

overfiend 2004-08-30 23:56

DC Comics is releasing it as part of their new CMX licensed manga line. No details have been released regarding when the first volumn would be published, but I'm sure it will be either before the end of the year, or first quarter next year.

Geneon will be releasing the anime, but they have not revealed a release date either.

Check out DC Comics, Geneon Animation, and Anime News Network for more info.

Silent Otaku 2004-08-31 07:59

It looks like its not a launch title, Might be until 2005 till you see Vol. 1 come out

TwilightHack 2005-12-20 03:46

Tenjou Tenge

I went searching for a thread for this manga... couldn't find it so I decided to start one.

Hmm, I got kinda lost in Vol 14.

Doyrena 2005-12-22 14:03

hey, sorry, but is this manga completed its series? or still ongoing?

thnks!

night train 2005-12-22 19:08

it's an ongoing series.

TwilightHack 2005-12-22 23:31

Hmm, do you guys prefer an Souichirou x Aya or Masataka x Aya pairing?

IMO I prefer Souichirou and Aya because well... I think they have some definate chemistry unlike Masataka's one-sided infatuation.

MarcusG 2005-12-25 05:24

I never read the manga of this series yet. I was watching the anime and was wondering if this anime series is going to be completed or just the manga. If they given up on the anime then I may be forced to get the manga.

mone-chan 2005-12-25 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusG
I never read the manga of this series yet. I was watching the anime and was wondering if this anime series is going to be completed or just the manga. If they given up on the anime then I may be forced to get the manga.

they have released 2 dvds (Ultimate fight and the past chapter). Ultimate fight continues the story for 2 episodes and the past chapter is just a movie form of the flashback in the series. other than those two dvd only releases nothing more has come out or is planned as far as I can tell.

d3fus3d 2006-02-09 19:59

How many total episode..

Hey guys i just got done watching the 24th episode of the anime, my question is do you guys know how many total episode do they have for this title?

Psychodragon 2006-03-06 21:10

Man, why is Oh! Great so GOOD at drawing females and their well-endowed bodies?! I'm dying to have an Aya Natsume of my own...

-PD

fremeer 2006-03-08 09:25

its cause oh great used to draw hentai. I dont mind his art style but he is very cluttered and hard to read sometimes.

FlyByNite 2006-03-09 20:38

I think reading the latest chapters of TenTen I finally figured out Oh Great.

the Dude has ADHD and probably needs some medication because it's pretty obvious he has a short attention spawn and quickly grows bored of stuff he's working on.

He started TenTen with Souchirou as the lead character then grows bored with him and goes into a flashback to Maya's past that lasts for months (a volume and a half I think) before coming back to Souchiro, then he decides to have it settled at the HS martial arts tournament so they go into training mode, but then that whole plot is dropped and Souchirou is kidnapped then just as that plot is being resolved he's grown bored with the ENTIRE main cast apparently and we're in a flashback to feudal era Japan.

Oh yea and add in the fact he grew bored with TenTen and started Air Gear and threw in some long breaks where no TenTen chapters were released.

Psychodragon 2006-03-10 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by fremeer
its cause oh great used to draw hentai. I dont mind his art style but he is very cluttered and hard to read sometimes.

Yes, I knew that before ahead of time. I've actually read some of his hentai, too.

But still...why is he so good at drawing well-endowed females?! Gosh dangit he's the bane of my existence and yet a blessing as well.

-PD

NarutoShocker 2006-03-15 23:52

So does anyone know where the manga picks up after the anime? Like what chapter to be specific?

pac9 2006-03-17 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3fus3d
Hey guys i just got done watching the 24th episode of the anime, my question is do you guys know how many total episode do they have for this title?

they have a total of 24 episodes for tenjou tenge:

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...jou_tenge.html

blackwolf58 2006-03-22 00:42

3rd season?

So, I just finished watching the OVAs for Tenjou tenge. Has anyone heard about a 3rd season?

Mr. DJ 2006-03-24 18:57

the CMX Manga release disappoints me, the editing...oh the editing -_-

I've been sticking to scantalations for the unedited goodness

how many chapters are there as of far? I'm seeing up to 91 right now that I can access from another site.

Out of curiousity if anyone really knows cause I couldn't find stats on the characters

how tall are Aya and Maya?

TwilightHack 2006-03-25 06:21

Aya:
Height - 162 cm (Approx 5'3")
Weight - 43 kg
Sizes - 91-59-88

Maya:
Height - 170 cm (Approx 5'5")
Weight - 49 kg
Sizes - 92-53-84

They had their profiles in an edition of Ultrajump Magazine once... anyways, for some reason their weight doesn't really correspond with their sizes... can't blame em though, its the firs time.

Anyways... Tenjou Tenge is a very complex manga taking to account many important characters from Japans past. It's also very graphic... hehe, in a good way.

Mr. DJ 2006-03-25 22:51

finished up to the current chapter, which I think is 91, seems to get really interesting, and it looks like the series is almost done seeing that the tournament is a week away from where the current story is, but it wouldn't surprise me if they squeese that week into like 2-3 more manga volumes :P

NarutoShocker 2006-04-03 08:42

If i had to guess, i'd say your post will be deleted cuz ur not supposed to talk about downloading licensed anime, and it is licensed. But for the other question, no the manga's not done with the story yet.

studiocode 2006-04-16 02:37

Does anybody know if theres any developments between Madoka and Masataka after vol. 12? Do we find out if she likes him because I suspect that she does.

I've read up until 12 but I'm too busy to read anymore for a while and I'm reeeeeally curious.