AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 515 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=71516)

xris 2008-09-16 11:49

One Piece - Chapter 515 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

marvelB 2008-09-16 11:50

Spoiler summary is out:

-It's confirmed that the amazon's snakes are used as weapons (well, just bows, anyway).

-Boa Hancock, the Pirate Empress (also known as the Snake Princess), rules the island, along with her siblings (apparently).

-Chapter title is "Adventure on the Women's Island".

Heh, I figured there would be some significance to Amazon Lily. For those who've forgotten, the "Pirate Empress" was mentioned by Lola's crew at the end of Thriller Bark. Heh, anyone wanna guess that Hancock is the seventh Shichibukai? I mean, she DOES has an animal-related name....

Edit: Looks like that thing about Margaret being a princess was a mistranslation (it was referring to Hancock). Margaret being a potential Straw-Hat is still fair game. ;)

Bari_Phillis 2008-09-16 13:25

Nooo! I was 2nd post :(

i really don't think the 7th shikabuchai is her. I mean, it doesn't look like they have much technology here. Also, if she was a shikabuchai, she would know what a man looks like..

marvelB 2008-09-16 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis (Post 1906156)
i really don't think the 7th shikabuchai is her. I mean, it doesn't look like they have much technology here. Also, if she was a shikabuchai, she would know what a man looks like..

If Lola's crew (which is mostly made up of men) knew who Hancock was, then that would imply that she's quite famous in the outside world, and would most certainly know about men. Furthermore, Margaret says in the spoiler summary that Hancock is the most beautiful woman in the world (and Lola's men DID comment on her great beauty).

Plus, I think the fact that she's known as the "Pirate Empress" is proof alone that she's more than familiar with the outside world. ;)

C.A. 2008-09-16 14:06

I see, to become the Pirate King you must at least also know the Pirate Queen.

I wonder how powerful she is and should be no doubt she's the strongest female in One Piece.

I'd agree with the theory of her being the 7th and only female shichibukai.

james0246 2008-09-16 14:42

God, I certainly hope she is the 7th Shichibukai, that would complete one of my great desires for One Piece :). That being said, why would she be hanging around the boondocks when she is supposed to be defeating Whitebeard's crew somewhere? Additionally, why would Kuma send Luffy to a Shichibukai member? Damn, I guess she probably is not a Shichibukai.

Rainbowman 2008-09-16 15:03

Aren't Pirate Empress and Shichibukai different matters? If she is a Pirate Empress, she would be the wife of Gol D. Roger right? And if she was a Shichibukai, the World Government should know her employment. Don't you think this is confusing? :confused:

C.A. 2008-09-16 15:08

She doesn't have to be the wife of Roger. Its a title, the strongest or maybe I'd say most successful female Pirate.

Because of her strength, beauty and riches, she could be called Pirate Queen.

Rawrz 2008-09-16 15:16

Up until Crocodile shichibukai was a scary being.But nowadays its just like theyre popping in every eposide.Moria and Kuma was one thing since they talked a bit.But Kuma's return was a bit rushed..And this queen may be a shichibukai?...I dont think she is a shichibukai.Its too early for the hidden shichi to show himself/herself after all those things happened in island.

Slayerx 2008-09-16 15:32

Kind of a surprise if she is a shichibukai... but not so much
Initially got the impression that this was an isolated island that got like no intereference from the outside world... but Boa seems to be known fairly well in the outside world and must have quiet the reputation; not to mention she wouldn't have been much of a pirate empress if she only stuck to that island

And it seems the guess that the snake was used as bow was right... jsut that it sounds like they are Devil fruit bows =p

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 1906259)
That being said, why would she be hanging around the boondocks when she is supposed to be defeating Whitebeard's crew somewhere?

Unless the battle already happened and she has just arrived back home, or will come back in a few days... sounds like a perfect excuse to let us know what happened

As for why Kuma would send Luffy there... who knows... we don't even know his motives for sending him and his crew anywhere at all.

Freya 2008-09-16 16:33

Lolas crew mentioned Hancock? What chapter is this?

Mazus 2008-09-16 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 1906478)
Lolas crew mentioned Hancock? What chapter is this?

They mentioned it in chapter 489, it was when they were going on about the mermaid's beauty. Well they didn't mention her name but her title.

marvelB 2008-09-16 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 1906259)
That being said, why would she be hanging around the boondocks when she is supposed to be defeating Whitebeard's crew somewhere? Additionally, why would Kuma send Luffy to a Shichibukai member? Damn, I guess she probably is not a Shichibukai.

I already said this in the last chapter thread, but it hasn't actually been proved in the storyline that 3 days have passed since Kuma paw'd the crew. Chances are, only ONE day's passed, and the government is still making preperations for the war. If Hancock actually turns out to be a Shichibukai, it could be the case where the government contacts her to face off against Whitebeard after Luffy leaves Amazon Lily.

...and if she's not? Well hey, at least we have a legendary female pirate, right? ;)

Oh, and this is when Hancock was first mentioned:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3...cockrx1.th.jpg

And.... anyone also consider the chance of Hancock (or her sisters) turning out to be Luffy's mom? I mean, he does have a rather notorious family as it is....

The_Three_Kings 2008-09-16 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 1906640)
I already said this in the last chapter thread, but it hasn't actually been proved in the storyline that 3 days have passed since Kuma paw'd the crew. Chances are, only ONE day's passed, and the government is still making preperations for the war. If Hancock actually turns out to be a Shichibukai, it could be the case where the government contacts her to face off against Whitebeard after Luffy leaves Amazon Lily.

...and if she's not? Well hey, at least we have a legendary female pirate, right? ;)

Oh, and this is when Hancock was first mentioned:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3...cockrx1.th.jpg

And.... anyone also consider the chance of Hancock (or her sisters) turning out to be Luffy's mom? I mean, he does have a rather notorious family as it is....

How could she be a Shichbukai if she doesn't know what a man is? And Vegapunk's bodygaurd, Sentomaru or whatever said that they went flying for 3 days and 3 nights.

Animizzle 2008-09-16 18:11

As explained (multiple times):

1) Sentamarou himself said his words might have no truth to them
2) The manga doesn't indicate that indeed three days have passed

Sakuranbo 2008-09-16 18:32

With the title of "Pirate Empress", I'm sure Hancock knows what a man is, quite well...she's probably killed more than a few in her heyday.

marvelB 2008-09-16 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animizzle (Post 1906686)
As explained (multiple times):

1) Sentamarou himself said his words might have no truth to them
2) The manga doesn't indicate that indeed three days have passed

Exactly. And again, it's already implied that Hancock is a very well-known person in the outside world. Otherwise, how would those guys from Lola's crew know who she is? The Kuja tribe know next to nothing about men, so I doubt those guys ventured to Amazon Lily themselves to check her out. Heck, Hancock and her sisters may not have even been born on that island....

Slayerx 2008-09-16 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings (Post 1906670)
How could she be a Shichbukai if she doesn't know what a man is?

The amazon's have stated they never seen a man before... however Boa does not necessarily share such a claim

considering she is a pirate that would automatically assume that she has ventured off the island, we can't even be sure if she was born the leader of the Kuja or if she became the leader through strength... And if she's is known as the pirate empress that is known by even lola's crew then it sounds like she has some reputation... and i don't you could do that without ever running into a man...

Shichibukai or not, its safe to say Boa does know what a man is

The_Three_Kings 2008-09-16 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 1906726)
Exactly. And again, it's already implied that Hancock is a very well-known person in the outside world. Otherwise, how would those guys from Lola's crew know who she is? The Kuja tribe know next to nothing about men, so I doubt those guys ventured to Amazon Lily themselves to check her out. Heck, Hancock and her sisters may not have even been born on that island....

Well Sentamaru didn't say it might not be true. He said "my mouth isn't that easy to open, be it true or be it false they say that any man sent flying by those paws will fly through the sky for three days and three nights." And at Shakky's bar they said the Strawhats had been gone for a long time. The coating was supossed to be done in 3 days so they were expected to come back in three days. It's probably been past 3 days if their wondering where the Straw hats went.

Meedy 2008-09-16 20:02

Kuma said that it was his victims who choose where they want to go, so i can't understand why Luffy don't know where he is knowing that he is in the place that he was thinking this time (sorry about my English, it isn't my first language neither my second ^^')