AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [Switch] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=150823)

Tokkan 2018-03-08 17:52

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [Switch]

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Only a tease. And given the clear differences in logo, the presence of Inklings and Link apparently in the Champion's Tunic from Breath of the Wild, this looks to be a new game and not a port.

Klashikari 2018-03-08 18:30

I suspect something like a 4.5 release with smash 4 as a base and plenty extra feature like a real solo campaign etc. I don't think there was enough development time for a true sequel, moreso considering how Sakurai was burnt out after smash 4 but who knows.

At least, this was definitely not surprising considering they needed a killer app to justify the paid online service. That and the surprise update that made the gamecube controller hub work on the switch.

GDB 2018-03-08 18:58

I should be more hyped about this, but I just can't be. Not until/unless they show either a freaking amazing single player mode, a bunch of new characters (Lyn...), or something to show it's worth getting when I already have the Wii U version.

dniv 2018-03-08 21:51

SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT BEING HYPED. I'M SO HYPED. :heh:

This basically sums up my reaction: Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Seriously though. A real portable Smash game ... that doesn't destroy my console when I play it. I'm so hyped! It's been far too long.~~~

Shinji103 2018-03-08 22:46

Shulk was in the last Smash Brothers (though I believe as a DLC character)......which means there’s a good chance Xenoblade 2 will be in this one. :) Even if just a DLC character.

Tokkan 2018-03-08 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 6207985)
Shulk was in the last Smash Brothers (though I believe as a DLC character)......which means there’s a good chance Xenoblade 2 will be in this one. :) Even if just a DLC character.

Shulk wasn't DLC, he was a baseline character.

Shinji103 2018-03-08 22:57

Oh.

So they did individual trailers for each of the playable characters.

Even better chances for Xenoblade 2, then. :D

MCAL 2018-03-09 13:48

https://twitter.com/Zucco92/status/972127047614124032

So are you Patrick or Man-ray?

Tokkan 2018-03-09 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 6207988)
Oh.

So they did individual trailers for each of the playable characters.

Even better chances for Xenoblade 2, then. :D

A standard rule for Smash 4 trailers was that baseline characters had CG animations in their trailers (because they had the marketing budget), but DLC characters had in-engine machinima animations in their trailers instead (no marketing budget, DLC only started months after release). Exception to this rule is Corrin but the CG used in their trailer was reused from Fire Emblem Fates.

Stark700 2018-06-12 11:50

Everyone is here.

foxbox360 2018-06-12 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark700 (Post 6246285)

Everyone is here.

introducing RIDLEY!!!!!!

Kurohane 2018-06-12 12:09

They're acknowledging clones... Well, we got Daisy out of it.

Random14 2018-06-12 12:15

Is there such a thing as too many characters? Hm, nah. Looks awesome, maybe I gotta go dig out my last Smash game to get back in practice.

BassGSnewtype 2018-06-12 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxbox360 (Post 6246289)
introducing RIDLEY!!!!!!

In the most Brutal Smash Bros reveal trailer ever.

serenade_beta 2018-06-12 14:02

-I almost want to main Zelda due to her cuteness
-I guess... Ganondorf's smashes look different now, but they generally function the same way? He is one of my mains, so I worry about that.
-I almost want to main Palutena again.
-Game and Watch is my main main, but nothing really to say at now. Visual change is good, I guess.
-The loss of transformation Final Smashes is kinda meh

-Punishment for rolling is good.
-So for Perfect Shields... So before, it was perfect on raising the shield, but you have to now release the shield too? Is that the change?

Seafoam 2018-06-12 14:58

I can't believe they put in Ridley. Goodness gracious, that's been the character I've wanted the most since I was a kid. :heh:

Shinji103 2018-06-12 16:21

Well, my hype for this game dropped pretty far from the lack of Xenoblade 2. I don’t suppose anybody can tell me I simply missed them somewhere in that video?........ :(

darkofficer 2018-06-12 16:53

nop they are still working on the game and due to that they have many characters we shouldn't exept to much new characters.

Klashikari 2018-06-12 17:10

Considering how long it takes for characters to be conceptualized, I don't expect any surprise character added for the retail release, moreso they most likely needed a lot of time to update the returning characters who weren't in SSB4. Rex might show up in a dlc considering Sakurai praised XB2, but that's about it.

Even then, I believe the roster is already sick as it is. I just hope Sakurai will take his time to reveal game modes and so forth times to times.

TnAdct1 2018-06-13 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 6246371)
Considering how long it takes for characters to be conceptualized, I don't expect any surprise character added for the retail release, moreso they most likely needed a lot of time to update the returning characters who weren't in SSB4. Rex might show up in a dlc considering Sakurai praised XB2, but that's about it.

Even then, I believe the roster is already sick as it is. I just hope Sakurai will take his time to reveal game modes and so forth times to times.

In terms of a couple of things:

New characters: I'm sure that that Inkling, Daisy and Ridley are not going to be the only new characters in the game, since:

1. the idea of Echo Characters could easily allows for some new clone characters (with Destructoid actually discussing the possibilities);

2. I'm sure we're going to have some sort of representative from ARMS (and possibly a Sun/Moon Pokemon fighter) in this game;

3. With Nintendo being more supportive of the concept of DLC, we may get a number of new characters/stages through that method (not sure how much will be free and how much will be paid).

Personally, I think there's at least two more new characters in this game, with them being announced via Nintendo Directs (one normal Direct and one focused on Smash Bros. Ultimate).

Game modes: More than likely, we'll be getting information about that via the aforementioned Directs as well.