AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Captain Earth (Bones) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121749)

Kunagisa 2013-09-06 11:54

Captain Earth (Bones)

http://i.imgur.com/SmhQb4L.jpg

Bones with Star Driver director and scriptwriter (Igarashi and Enokido).
Caption mentioned it's a drama woven together by a teenage boy and girl + giant robo, and more info will be at Newtype, which readers summarized as straightforward giant robo space drama with a "super robot"-ish super plot centering at Tanegashima.

More hand-drawn robo please?

Aqua Knight 2013-09-06 13:12

At last BONES' projects are being announced.

Also
Quote:

Caption mentioned it's a drama woven together by a teenage boy and girl + giant robo, and more info will be at Newtype, which readers summarized as straightforward giant robo space drama with a "super robot"-ish super plot centering at Tanegashima.
Robotics;Notes anyone?

RRW 2013-09-06 13:24

I am not the only one that miss read it as captain planet?

Endless Soul 2013-09-06 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4821258)

Nope! :heh:

I could always use more mecha anime. Bring it on.

Endless "Captain Planet" Soul

kuromitsu 2013-09-06 14:50

I also parsed it as "Captain Planet" and for one horrible moment I thought this was another "made for America!!1!" shows... :heh: thank everything it's not. (Probably.)

Also, may I just mention that it has the same director & head writer pair as Ouran Host Club and Star Driver? Igarashi Takuya and Enokido Youji. Yeah. Count me in. (And both worked on Utena, Enokido as head writer, Igarashi as writer and storyboarder...)

Frontier 2013-09-06 15:41

A new super robot show from Bones?

With a space drama centered around a boy, girl, and a giant robot?

With Igarashi and Enokido back together?

I'll definitely be looking forward to this :D.

I wonder if this show is in any way related to the rumors of a second season of Star Driver?

Kanon 2013-09-06 18:10

I didn't like Star Driver all that much but I'll watch this to get my mecha fix. I'm sure it will have good mecha action at least.

Cloudenvy 2013-09-06 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4821526)
I didn't like Star Driver all that much but I'll watch this to get my mecha fix. I'm sure it will have good mecha action at least.

I think what ultimately killed Star Driver for me was all the reused stuff and every fight being the most anti-climactic thing ever. If they fix those two things, then we might have something here.

kuromitsu 2013-09-06 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudenvy (Post 4821554)
I think what ultimately killed Star Driver for me was all the reused stuff and every fight being the most anti-climactic thing ever. If they fix those two things, then we might have something here.

I think the fights and repetitions were perfectly all right... To me the problem was the story getting bogged down in the middle (with the "sisters" and whatshername, the rich boobies girl), leaving not enough time to develop the main characters and their story. Enokido had admitted before that he has a tendency to spend too much time on characters he finds the most interesting, so as long as this time there's someone to keep him on track it should be OK.

Guardian Enzo 2013-09-06 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Knight (Post 4821243)
At last BONES' projects are being announced.

Also

Robotics;Notes anyone?

That was certainly my first thought... But then, I loved R;N and found it terribly underrated - like mecha written by Adachi Mitsuru - and any new BONES SF is good news.

erneiz_hyde 2013-09-06 19:15

The mention of "Star Driver" makes me anticipate this series for the upcoming fabolous!

Though in the back of my head I also thought "Captain Gordon, Jennifer, and Giant Thursday" :heh:

sky black swordman 2013-09-06 20:31

Quote:

I did too. :heh:

Star Driver's director and scriptwriter, consider me interested!

Patriot's Blade 2013-09-06 20:53

by your powers combined......... wait......... :uhoh::heh:

ZODDGUTS 2013-09-06 21:17

Hope it's better than Star Driver.

Miraluka 2013-09-06 21:54

Quote:

Water, fire, wind, earth and asdf!

Sigh... I'm that old.... orz

Cloudenvy 2013-09-07 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuromitsu (Post 4821570)
I think the fights and repetitions were perfectly all right... To me the problem was the story getting bogged down in the middle (with the "sisters" and whatshername, the rich boobies girl), leaving not enough time to develop the main characters and their story. Enokido had admitted before that he has a tendency to spend too much time on characters he finds the most interesting, so as long as this time there's someone to keep him on track it should be OK.

Oh yeah sure, if you were at all invested in the story or the characters then I could totally find the middle part of Star Driver more disappointing. I had already given up on that aspect of the show by then though. :heh:

NoemiChan 2013-09-07 04:15

Quote:

a teenage boy and girl + giant robot,
Definitely not gonna miss this. Drama with romance is could. Hope none of them dies.

DragoonKain3 2013-09-08 02:24

As long as there's a definite or implied 'winning couple' in that romance, I'm in. Still a bit miffed that the romance aspects of Astral Ocean and Star Driver (their last two original works) were left up in the air in the end, while Heroman barely even had any at all. XD

Key Board 2013-09-08 03:11

I thought it was clear in Star Driver

Wako loved them both. She's not giving up on either.
Wako is a bad girl.
I am okay with that.

//

Guardian Enzo 2013-09-08 05:03

And in AO, the MC was 12 years old when the series started, so realistically you weren't going to get a serious romance angle.

DragoonKain3 2013-09-08 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Key Board (Post 4823241)
Wako loved them both. She's not giving up on either.

Same thing happened in Macross F series, and it's about as satisfying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4823334)
And in AO, the MC was 12 years old when the series started, so realistically you weren't going to get a serious romance angle.

Hasn't stopped the likes of Noein being brought about. Don't care how they do it (time skip, parallel worlds, or whatever) but a proper romantic resolution is all I ask.

kuromitsu 2013-09-08 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 (Post 4823616)
Same thing happened in Macross F series, and it's about as satisfying.

You mean very satisfying? :3 Especially in Star Driver, you don't often get real threesome endings. And as for Macross F, the unresolved triangle is one of the reasons I pretend the movies don't exist. (If it has to be pairs I prefer Ranka x Sheryl, anyway.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 (Post 4823616)
Hasn't stopped the likes of Noein being brought about.

Noein had the adult versions of the characters around, from the future(s), there was miniscule romance involving the 12 year old versions (there wasn't much romance in it, anyway).

Eragon 2013-09-08 10:14

The first thing that came to my mind on seeing that name was "Captain Planet" :p

Teenagers again...ugh. Well, since this is Bones I will at least give it a try.

MisaoFan 2013-09-08 10:36

My first thought about the name was Planet Earth :heh:
Nonetheless, reading the synopsis alone might lead me to expect it's going to be a standard "forbidden love story" between a boy and a girl, completed with mecha background and the Tanegashima part really sounds like Robotics;Notes. I really can't wait to see how will the visuals look like before I settle my own judgement of it.

Frontier 2013-09-08 21:20

Considering the shows drama is supposed to be centered around a boy, a girl, and a giant robot, I'm just assuming there's going to be one main romantic pairing. Unless the robot is sentient, and then...

Of course this is all assuming the creators are going for romance. Personally, I wouldn't mind something in a similar vein to RahXephon.

Cloudedmind 2013-09-15 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuromitsu (Post 4823641)
You mean very satisfying?

No kidding. I'm also glad she choose both. And then her fantasizing, thank you Wako.:heh:

This does sound interesting. I'm going to be so packed with anime watching this fall.

Suzuku 2013-09-15 02:52

Would be more excited for this if I didn't know the team behind Star Derper were doing it.

Vito 2013-12-21 09:56

PV reup: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18orl9_trailer01

Official site open: http://captain-earth.net/ starts in April

desrtsku 2013-12-21 10:58

Oh my, that smoke effect is top notch.

bastek66 2013-12-21 11:26

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) More hentai artists for character designers.

wandering-dreamer 2013-12-21 13:15

ANN has a more complete summary up and a clean version of the new key art on the site.

Vito 2013-12-21 13:52

Clean visual is on the official site if you look at the source code, it's just separated in two layers, so there's nothing magical on ANN. duckroll wrote the entire staff list as well:

Quote:

Staff:

Director: Takuya Igarashi
Series Composition: Yoji Enokido
Original Character Design: Fumi Minato
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Satoshi Ishino
Engine Series Design/Main Design Works: Shigeto Koyama
Machine Good Fellow Design/Mechanic Design: Takayuki Yanase
Mechanic Design: Shinji Aramaki, Takeshi Takakura
Quilt Gang Design: Masaki Asai, Takeshi Yoshioka
Concept Design: okama
Graphic Design: Tsuyoshi Kusano
Design Works: Masatsugu Saito
Effects Director: Yasushi Muraki
Art Director: Masaru Yanaka, Koji Eto
Art Design: Takeshi Takahashi

Assistant Director: Yoshiyuki Asai
Music: MONACA/Satoru Kosaki
Animation Production: BONES

Guardian Enzo 2013-12-21 18:33

Damn - Miyu Irino as a male lead? Seems like it's been forever. Not to mention Rikiya Koyama. Anticipation leveled up.

ZabiLegacy 2013-12-23 05:12

I'd heard about this months before. I'm one of those people that thinks that for all of the failings of the Star Driver team, talent and ambition weren't among them. I think the pair going for another attempt at making a giant robot romance anime is exactly what the medium needs. Pretty visuals, interesting characters, an eye melting degree of fabulous. I don't even mind the premise so much, considering I'm a long time giant robot fan. Compared to something like Buddy Complex, that premise looks like Akira.

I'd had a reservation though. In a world where shitty CG robots have become the new normal, it's natural to be worried that this might be another one. I love giant robo anime, but CG robo anime doesn't get the same affection to me. Much in the way that I actually shouted "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" when it turned out that Nobunaga the Fool was going to have ugly CG monstrosities, I shouted in the middle of a public room "FUCK YEAH" when I saw that for this they were going to go full class animation. That means more star driver styled beautiful rainbow battles, possibly with less reused animation, since the backgrounds can actually be black now.

Sign me up Bones. Sign me up.

Articalys 2013-12-23 23:42

HD:

Njet 2013-12-24 02:27

Five bucks the girl is a Rei clone because Enokido is still mad about what happened with the rebuild of Evangelion movies.

Articalys 2014-01-07 09:51

http://tokyo-anime-news.jp/?p=19572
http://captain-earth.net/#chara

Main cast:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Daichi Manatsu: Miyu Irino

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Teppei Arashi: Hiroshi Kamiya

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Hana Mutou: Ai Kayano

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Akari Yomatsuri: Rina Hidaka

EroKing 2014-01-12 06:09

http://i.imgur.com/7evSxusl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VZ6Hxd7l.jpg

Tiberium Wolf 2014-01-16 14:55

OK... giant robot... I get it. But who's the enemy?

Kanon 2014-01-16 17:35

The brown girl voiced by Ai Kayano looks delicious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf (Post 4978966)
OK... giant robot... I get it. But who's the enemy?

Given the name of the show, I'm guessing aliens. Still no synopsis?