AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2007-01-30 09:15

DSSD AStray Preview

http://www.gundambase.com/community/...1&news_idx=511

GP-02(MRS)

http://www.gundambase.com/community/...1&news_idx=512

Fome 2007-01-30 10:50

Woah, that HGUC GP02 holds the bazooka up better than the master grade.

SNT1 2007-01-30 14:06

DSSD Astray in the lead for the Ugliest for 07 Award

krzglue2 2007-01-30 14:53

My fd say I should get this one

MG 1/100 GM Sniper

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8348/gds5522gw0.jpg

because he just love the gas tank behind it, hoho. Plus he say he is using this for our group project for the Hobby Gundam model Contest this summer.

Noppapana 2007-01-30 15:21

^^
i think it will look great if you use it for a diorama
but you want a standalone one , there are better choices

pmajin 2007-01-30 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNT1 (Post 816731)
DSSD Astray in the lead for the Ugliest for 07 Award

agreed

damn that thing is ugly. why the hell did they even make it??

kct 2007-01-30 19:11

Actually, if you talk about the design, it makes sense in the environment it was expected to operate in.

No love for the GFF Gundam X?

phantom_ryder 2007-01-30 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin (Post 817029)
agreed

damn that thing is ugly. why the hell did they even make it??

hehe so they could win this "ugly" award you all speak of? :D

wavehawk 2007-01-31 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin (Post 817029)
damn that thing is ugly. why the hell did they even make it??

- Because it was featured in Stargazer.

I don't think it's "ugly" ugly (IMHO, the Destiny deserves that award--again, IMHO), but yeah, it could have done with a hell lot better design. I wish Bandai had released the original M1 Astray as a HG model---with 1/48 figures of the Astray Girls.

But all points considered, the DSSD Astray follows the Wes Murphy's Law of Gunpla: - It sucks, thus it'll look great after you kitbash it into something else! :D

And on the Hi-Nu Gundam: It's not THAT hard to put lead shot into the legs and feet of the model to weigh it down. Hell, I'm a modeller myself, and I have a lot of criticisms of GunPla kits--but I reserve most of them until I actually get down to building them--or if I PERSONALLY know someone who's built it.

Modelmaking is a personal expression. You can be simple and just build it out of the box with no paint, or you can go whole hog and invest in an airbrush, primer, custom decal sets, etc. The same model built by two different people will NOT be the same. I'll agree, there will be modelmakers who will loathe the Hi-Nu. But there will also be those who will like it. Likewise, I don't really like the Strike Freedom MG, but I do recognize it's a fairly good redesign and it'll be a worthwhile buy for people.

Buy the damn thing because you like it. Use other people opinions to help decide, but buy it because YOU want to buy it, not because Johnny Gelgoog thinks Seed kits are all crap and you're a loser for buying one.

SNT1 2007-01-31 09:04

Quote:

Buy the damn thing because you like it. Use other people opinions to help decide, but buy it because YOU want to buy it, not because Johnny Gelgoog thinks Seed kits are all crap and you're a loser for buying one.
too bad, we've been saying that since forever; too bad newbs will always, always ask the internets what they want to buy :eek:

kct 2007-01-31 10:42

Alright, someone in 4chan was telling everyone, that the newer shipments of the MG AEUG Gundam Mark II Ver. 2.0 have the rotary waist like the Titans version now. Anyone can confirm this or not?

Actually I was inclined to buy the Zetas because everyone else were having pretty much the same MG kits (either anything SEED (not that it is a bad thing, just that I want something else >.>) or the Titans Gundam Mark II (at least here)). But of course, knowing the Zeta first does make an impact >.> .

Fome 2007-01-31 11:56

Well, I don't ask people to know what I like, but I do like to read reviews for models, so I know if the model is stable, articulate, detailed, and so forth.

By the way, has anyone built the MG Wing Zero Custom? I did a search in this thread, and although a few of you have built it, I haven't found an explicit review of it yet. How is the stability? Can it stand with those wings? Can the arms hold the buster rifle straight foward without sagging? Overall good or bad kit?

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-31 18:27

MG Wing Zero Custom...
I have it, it was my....second MG kit, and is 3 years old in my collection and...well, i wish i hadnt bought it then, in my n00bish years.

Anyways...the kit is very nice. It can stand on its own with the wings mainly cuz the wings themselves are long enough to act as stands.

The torso is double-jointed...as in, it will tilt forward an extra bit so it can do the classic TBR firing pose.

The buster rifles themselves...well, in all honesty, if you build it stock without any modifications, the things are glorified walking sticks, as most people say. The hands cannot hold them very well (same story as with the Wing Kai).

Overall its a great kit, stand also included btw, cuz this thing is in its proper realm only when in flight.

dalong.net has pics up, may be korean, but the pics speak for themselves

Fome 2007-01-31 19:18

Thanks Deus. Hmmm, so if it's a nice kit, why do you regret buying it? Was it because it was before you learned proper modeling technique?

What modifications do you suggest for improving the hands' ability to hold the rifles?

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-31 19:44

yep.

I regret getting...

MG Freedom and MG Zeta Plus C1 too.

Freedom is in taters, so many broken joints and wings and so flimsy.

C1 has loads of broken parts (booster and skirts) too, though those broke when i was taking it apart a few months back to recolour it. Im contemplating buying new kits of both to do them better and to have good, neat, clean kits of both (especially C1) ans both are one of my favourite designs.

Im not sure about fixing the hands. The last time i had to do something about bad hands was MG GP02 not being able to hold the shield...in which case i simply took a hand from my 1/100 SEED kits.

DarkWarrior 2007-01-31 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 817758)
Alright, someone in 4chan was telling everyone, that the newer shipments of the MG AEUG Gundam Mark II Ver. 2.0 have the rotary waist like the Titans version now. Anyone can confirm this or not?

I've heard that too, but I've yet to see definite proof of this (as in pictures). But it kind of sucks though, if you bought it early like me, you got screwed.

lycantivis 2007-01-31 20:24

Did you really have that many problems with your freedom? Cause I havn't had any with mine Though I have only been doing Gunpla for a few months. You probly are a little more aware of things than I.

krzglue2 2007-01-31 20:54

I see the development sketch of MG Hi-Nu already, I think it make it too heavy, unlike the way it looks in Super Robot War alpha 3.

Anyway, buy MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 instead, that worth the money. I am a modeller myself and I understand that many new Gundam models have been design in bad way and many has been remake again and again (like MG Zeta Gundam, how many version has it be make, and the MK-II.).

They should development model like GPO4, crossbone X-3, F90...

And for the PG strike freedom, just a waste of money to buy that...

kct 2007-01-31 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus EpS Machina (Post 818237)
C1 has loads of broken parts (booster and skirts) too, though those broke when i was taking it apart a few months back to recolour it. Im contemplating buying new kits of both to do them better and to have good, neat, clean kits of both (especially C1) ans both are one of my favourite designs.

...I actually took my C1 apart out of boredom, and reassembled it yesterday...still, the weak hip joints bothered me.

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-31 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycantivis (Post 818274)
Did you really have that many problems with your freedom? Cause I havn't had any with mine Though I have only been doing Gunpla for a few months. You probly are a little more aware of things than I.

No, no propblems with Freedom or C1, both excellent kits. Im just more speaking aout my skills atthe time. I would have rather had both of them now, so as to make them both sexy additions to my collection...especially C1. C1 i can fix with putty if i get off my ass. Freedom...not so much.

Quote:

Anyway, buy MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 instead, that worth the money. I am a modeller myself and I understand that many new Gundam models have been design in bad way and many has been remake again and again (like MG Zeta Gundam, how many version has it be make, and the MK-II.).
Zeta's only had two actual versions (excluding the special ones)...the first one, and this latest ver.2

The Ver.2 was a no brainer cuz the first one was horrible and quite old.
Also, i fail to see the bad design of these new MG kits.

Quote:

They should development model like GPO4, crossbone X-3, F90...
yes, yes they should

Quote:

And for the PG strike freedom, just a waste of money to buy that...
what PG Strike Freedom?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.