AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Mr_Paper 2006-01-19 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nesty
i'd love to see the sword calamity being built, can someone hook me up with that vid?

As per your PM to me, since it was the same request, at near 700mb the video is a little large to just upload 'somewhere.'

azizol_shahrir 2006-01-20 01:30

Ive recently completed my 1/100 Destiny Gundam with some custom decals
view it here at my modeling site......

Sety 2006-01-20 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
As per your PM to me, since it was the same request, at near 700mb the video is a little large to just upload 'somewhere.'

Perhaps you could try a torrent? Most of those videos come from them anyway as I recall.

Nesty 2006-01-20 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sety
Perhaps you could try a torrent? Most of those videos come from them anyway as I recall.

i'd really appreaciate it if someone could BT that vid :)

srb 2006-01-20 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by azizol_shahrir

Could you show any closeups on the decals? I can make out most of them, but not all. Nice work though, and good call on painting the grey parts white, I'm planning to do that myself - it just looks so much better.

Sety 2006-01-20 12:18

http://www.torrentportal.com/details/129583/

I went to the trouble of finding it, thats a collection of modelmaking videos, its of good interest to any modeller to watch.

The available ones being built are Agguy, Gouf, DOM Char Custom, a Z'Gok display, Gundam MKII, RX-78 Gundam Ver Ka, Old Zaku, Qubeley.

No Sword Calamity though so I'm very interested in it srb if you find a way of putting it up.

Quote:

That is an awesome job, may I ask how you did the decals?

srb 2006-01-20 12:20

I don't have it, but I want it as well.

Komataguri 2006-01-20 12:26

Amazon just cancled the order for my GP-02 >_<

I'm so pissed off.

portgas D ace 2006-01-21 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri

I'm so pissed off.

dude... that sucks.... GP-02 is the frockon bomb... funny thing.... i saw it on ebay once for 1 buck so i bid on it and someone took it at the last minute....

Mr_Paper 2006-01-21 00:52

I gave up on eBay since people were always doing that to me. I'd be the only bidder on an item then, with less than two minutes until the auction ended, someone would enter a last minute bid to beat me out.

After having it happen a dozen times, I just gave up. >.>

srb 2006-01-21 01:35

Use their own strategy against them - people find items they want, write down the closing time, then right before it closes they make a bid.

theOtherGuy 2006-01-21 01:49

Quote:

mmmm...sexy. Those decals are great idea.

I can't wait to get my paints/decals in the mail so I can work on my MG Strike. Need to try to make it look like that. :D

DarkWarrior 2006-01-21 01:52

Quote:

I'm so pissed off.

Didn't Amazon.com run out of GP-02 weeks ago? The only thing they have now is the Kampfer. Heh, guess it's not popular..

Quote:

I gave up on eBay since people were always doing that to me. I'd be the only bidder on an item then, with less than two minutes until the auction ended, someone would enter a last minute bid to beat me out.

Isn't that why maximum bid exists? :heh:

Mr_Paper 2006-01-21 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
Use their own strategy against them - people find items they want, write down the closing time, then right before it closes they make a bid.

Except I'm not going to live my life according to when auctions I'm interested in end, I have a life beyond that. >.>

@DarkWarrior - I'm cheap. -.-

srb 2006-01-21 03:15

Quote:

Except I'm not going to live my life according to when auctions I'm interested in end, I have a life beyond that. >.>

That depends on when they end, no? If they end at, say, 22:00 on a Wednesday and you know you're not doing anything then, why not take one minute from your time and write it down and then another minute to bid at it on 21:59?

I'm not suggesting you live according to the end dates.

"Sorry guys, I've got to go now, I have to bid on an auction on eBay!" all the time would be pretty weird :P.

GameraBaenre 2006-01-21 05:48

Since there was recent talk of SD's in here, as well as a little SD Competition over at another forum.... I started this last night. Not too much done so far, just glued the parts, minor sanding, drill of holes, and a bit of epoxy putty to add bulk and shape to it.... I've got 8 more days before I need to have this little sucker finished. Good thing these guys are tiny.

http://www.gamerabaenre.com/sd_kampfer_prog.htm

No idea for a paint scheme yet. Debating on going flat + weathered, or shiny and experimental with some pearl powders....

pmajin 2006-01-22 14:16

Here's a modelling question to all those madass godly modellers... WHen hand painting the airducts black/dark colored on the chest of most gundams with a fine-tip brush, how is it possible to paint the black parts without accidentally painting over the ducts themselves and causing a huge mess in the duct area... aside from being extreeeeemllyy carefully while painting.... I just finished my Hazel CUstom TR-1 but i messed up the ducts and it's too small for me to fix the inside of the ducts.... :(

Komataguri 2006-01-22 18:40

Quote:

You have to be careful

The only ones I saw on ebay recently are for real cheap, but they are shipping scams...They charge 40-70 bucks for shipping.

I emailed one of them and asked why shipping was so high, because I've shipped multiple models in LARGE boxes and it didn't even cost me 20 bucks, and questioned on if his model was made of depleted uranium, And if not...Then why did he feel the need to be so exorbantly overpriced on shipping.

His response? Basically ignored everything I said and said shipping prices that high were not outrageous.

So maybe the model WAS made out of depleted Uranium.

EDIT

As to the other part, its refered to as sniping...and is common practice. I usually enter my last bid with less than 10 seconds to spare, and I usually get the item ^_^;;

mangatron 2006-01-22 19:40

heh, I don't mind ebay, it actually accounts for 95% of my purchases for the last 2 months lol. And, I do maximum bids because I plan ahead of time, and money is....lol...:)

For those high shipping profiteers, they're probably just biding their time till the model gets rare lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin
Here's a modelling question to all those madass godly modellers... WHen hand painting the airducts black/dark colored on the chest of most gundams with a fine-tip brush, how is it possible to paint the black parts without accidentally painting over the ducts themselves and causing a huge mess in the duct area... aside from being extreeeeemllyy carefully while painting.... I just finished my Hazel CUstom TR-1 but i messed up the ducts and it's too small for me to fix the inside of the ducts.... :(

You do mean 1/144 size, right? For that, I use Micron/Pigment ink pens. I have various sizes for the various sizes of jobs, and my best are 0.020mm, and 0.10mm. Not only does the model look good, it's very easy :)

dj898 2006-01-22 19:45

Quote:

I emailed one of them and asked why shipping was so high, because I've shipped multiple models in LARGE boxes and it didn't even cost me 20 bucks, and questioned on if his model was made of depleted uranium, And if not...Then why did he feel the need to be so exorbantly overpriced on shipping.

eBay charges the sellers based on the listing fee - though sometime they give free listing days and many sellers put the start bid price at very low but put the Hugh mark-up in the shipping to make up in case the item sold under valued... :(

When I was selling eBay I used to the similar thing listing items at 1 cent each with minimum U$30 for shipping which basically included U$10 for actual shipping and U$20 for the item price... Well everyone I know were doing so I didn't see anything wrong and coz I combined the shipping for multiple items so it wasn't like I was ripping off the buyers - I only sold to local buyers though, no international shipping to avoid any headache... WIIW