AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kiddy Grade Discussion [Spoilers] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5961)

Sabin 2004-01-27 07:26

Kiddy Grade Discussion [Spoilers]

Surprised i haven't seen a post about this yet. Has anyone gotten this yet or is planning to get it?

I have the box reserved at the place where i norm,ally buy my anime and i can't wait. This is one of the series that renewed my interest in anime after not really seing into it for about 5 years.

I loved the story, charactes, music and pretty much everything else about it. You should check out hte trailer at http://www.kiddygrade.tv if you have never seen the show. I would highly recommend it as it was one of my favourite shows from 2002 next to FMP.

GHDpro 2004-01-27 08:01

I have the box pre-ordered as well. While the first 8-9 episodes
or so are quite weak (IMHO), but after that it gets really good.
Certainly also one of my favorites as well.

LynnieS 2004-01-27 08:08

I have this on my to-order list. Need to settle down first, and put together a list of the discs that I want to save on shipping. Like GHD, I agree that the storyline for the first few episodes is, basically fluff and intros, but it's great art/CG work, IMHO. The music is good as well. :)

StarCreator 2004-01-27 12:47

Also have the box preordered. Noting that the box IS a very limited edition, and likely hard to find in stock now.

I'm buying this blind, so it better be good. =P

Tabiree 2004-01-27 18:24

I'm buying it because it's a FUNimation titles, and with the exception of Fruit's Basket, all of FUNimations titles have been on Cartoon Network in the US. Now if you look at Bebop, .hack//sign, and any other LE Bandai titles with CN exposure, their prices do go up. So if I get all 8 LE volumes, and find out I don't like the show (which may be the very case, I'll watch it via some other legit means, so I dont have to open the DVDs), then huzzah, moneys :D

DwArD 2004-03-08 05:44

Questions Bout Kiddy Grade (Possible Spoiler)

I just finished watching Kiddy Grade and...er...is kinda confused bout the anime.
Spoiler:

microlith 2004-03-08 07:46

They're cyborg. To what extent is never clearly defined (nor really necessary to the story.) I believe this extends to all ES Members as well.

Laxe 2004-03-08 13:40

Kiddy Grade = any good?

Hey, I just watched the trailer for Kiddy Grade and yes when it first came out I didn't watch it but now I'm really intrigued. Anyone care to give me their opinions on this anime as I'm thinking of getting it?

Superchop 2004-03-08 13:55

It's pretty good, i liked watching it...although at times i got really confused on to what was going on...but most of the time my mind was wandering so i never got to pay full attention to it...It's been a while since i've seen so i can't really help you any further besides saying that it was good...

Vejita 2004-03-08 14:01

Kiddy Grade is pretty good. It doesn't get really good until about 9 episodes in or so though. I highly reccommend it, but I will say that it is going to depend heavily on your tastes. But I'd say check it out.

LoveOfAnime 2004-03-08 14:48

Good Show!!!

I really liked Kiddy Grade! Now I have the fansub not the DVD release so that may make a difference but not much. The Animation is fantastic and the plot is really intriguing, you have to pay attention, as it gets confusing. But that is part of what make it so good. I would at least give it a viewing and see what you think.

nycz315 2004-03-08 16:13

if u say its good ill go dl it ^^

BanditKing 2004-03-08 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laxe
Hey, I just watched the trailer for Kiddy Grade and yes when it first came out I didn't watch it but now I'm really intrigued. Anyone care to give me their opinions on this anime as I'm thinking of getting it?

story is pretty boring with little fanserivce but after ep 11 it like a turning point in the series make series very good.

Damn FUNI for release 3 ep disc.

eMpTy265 2004-03-08 19:07

It's sort of like Noir, in the way that viewers don't really have a clue about the plot (until 1/2 the series is over that is.)

Is it good? Yup, IMO.

You might want to buy the entire series before you start watching it though... as opposed to buying 1 disc and watching... and then another as you watch.

You might have a few questions regarding Eclair and Lumiere at the end though... but the main plot does get resolved more/less...

I)ark-I)eath 2004-03-08 19:08

kiddy grade is a good anime...the story kicks in after a few eps..and it gets confusing...and then they force u to like something so late...but tis still good cause some of those reasons,..

Yxy 2004-03-08 19:48

Ok, a differing opinion here. I thought Kiddy Grade sucked

Go-lytely 2004-03-08 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yxy
Ok, a differing opinion here. I thought Kiddy Grade sucked

I wouldnt say it completely sucked but it was subpar. Story went nowhere for the fist half of the series and the second half, while slightly better, was meh.

Yamano667 2004-03-08 23:20

well it doesnt matter the girls look pretty after 50 yrs
eternal youth is nice !!!

zalas 2004-03-09 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwArD
I just finished watching Kiddy Grade and...er...is kinda confused bout the anime. Firstly, are all ES members a cyborg? Its really confusing to see both Eclair and Lumiere changing their appearances and lived for like....more than 50 years while still retaining their youth? Are they really cyborg or human!!!??

Please put a "spoiler" thing in the topic name please or at least a "discussion of Kiddy Grade plot." It's a good thing I finished watching it recently ^^;
Spoiler:

DwArD 2004-03-09 02:02

Oops! Sorry bout that. Thanks anyway. Kiddy Grade is a good anime even though I'm having a hard time understanding it.....and the girls rockx!!