AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge (The Severing Crime Edge) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116340)

Megacrash Gr 2013-06-04 09:34

Damn I liked Seiji, he was my favorite character from the other nutjobs :(.

I'm having these weird thought
about Kiri, Iwai and Iwai's hair in a weird BDSM fashion :heh:

Anyway those two are sweet together as they wrap up an awesome episode.

MisaoFan 2013-06-05 11:01

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Kakkou 2013-06-06 01:49

Oh wow, the ugly color filters only appeared for a few short times and otherwise left the fight scene alone, which is great because the fight scene itself was actually good and lasted longer than a few seconds for once. This sort of battle between wielders of indestructible everyday objects was what I hoped from the show's action scenes the first place, not magical noose summoning books or mind control horse whips. I like it!

Dawnstorm 2013-06-06 21:19

When I saw Emily in the preview last week, I thought we'd get to know more about Yamane, mostly because someone at that age with killing goods could maybe serve as a trigger for her own issues. Seems I'll have to wait until next week.

Interesting, that Emiliy's killing goods are "made". Someone trying to use curses to strengthen weapons? How do you fabricate curses? (I always thought that, in Japanese folklore, cursed objects have acquired the intense feelings of the user via prolonged use.)

Master_Yoma 2013-06-06 21:59

Wow Emily got some moves but scary when she using those knifes

orpheus2 2013-06-08 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawnstorm (Post 4711543)
When I saw Emily in the preview last week, I thought we'd get to know more about Yamane, mostly because someone at that age with killing goods could maybe serve as a trigger for her own issues. Seems I'll have to wait until next week.

Interesting, that Emiliy's killing goods are "made". Someone trying to use curses to strengthen weapons? How do you fabricate curses? (I always thought that, in Japanese folklore, cursed objects have acquired the intense feelings of the user via prolonged use.)

One option would killing using the same tool until the curse happens. Something like killing 1000 demons to be a demon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master_Yoma (Post 4711588)
Wow Emily got some moves but scary when she using those knifes

No kidding. I wonder how will Kiri handle this?

EroKing 2013-06-10 02:38

http://i.imgur.com/eExLMvUl.jpg

MisaoFan 2013-06-12 11:02

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Dawnstorm 2013-06-13 03:45

Heh, it took me long enough to notice, but considering this latest episode...

"Byouin" means hospital, doesn't it? Sort of fitting killing goods for Byouinzaka, no? Makes me wonder if I've missed other things about the naming in the show. Heh.

Guardian Enzo 2013-06-13 06:30

Well, Kiri means "cut" for starters. Yes, the casting is peppered with significant names.

LKK 2013-06-13 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawnstorm (Post 4721140)
Heh, it took me long enough to notice, but considering this latest episode...

"Byouin" means hospital, doesn't it? Sort of fitting killing goods for Byouinzaka, no? Makes me wonder if I've missed other things about the naming in the show. Heh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4721221)
Well, Kiri means "cut" for starters. Yes, the casting is peppered with significant names.

Fascinating! It's little things like that that make me wish I knew the Japanese language.

blitz1/2 2013-06-13 08:57

Emily, how does it feel to have Kirei for a dad.

Thany 2013-06-13 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4720235)
Spoiler for Episode 11:

Just like the Emily scene in the previous episode, this scene will be uncensored on the BD. It's obviously done to promote sales.

Dawnstorm 2013-06-13 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 4721283)
Fascinating! It's little things like that that make me wish I knew the Japanese language.

Yeah, I pick up a word here and there, and I know basic grammar, but I wouldn't say I speak Japanese. For example, I didn't know something as basic "kiri" meaning "to cut". When it comes to "kiri"-names, I tend to think of fog, or mist (Kirto, Kirika...). [Thanks, Enzo. :)]

I did know, for example, that "Seigi" means justice (--> Rulebook), so I wasn't entirely unprepared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thany
Just like the Emily scene in the previous episode, this scene will be uncensored on the BD. It's obviously done to promote sales.

Is it? Aren't there rules what you can and can't show on TV? I mean, seeing blood flood into a syringe isn't the sort of thing that makes me buy a BD (or Dvd). That said, if they'd release the show in my region I'd buy it with no hesitation. Sadly, it's just about the least likely show to get a release around here from this season (German/European market). I mean, 2012 was a great year for anime, but none of the shows I want are available. And this one...

Aside: I thought censoring Emiliy's breasts was ridiculous. If anything, it made the scene more racy, rather than less.

Thany 2013-06-13 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawnstorm (Post 4721469)
Is it? Aren't there rules what you can and can't show on TV? I mean, seeing blood flood into a syringe isn't the sort of thing that makes me buy a BD (or Dvd). That said, if they'd release the show in my region I'd buy it with no hesitation. Sadly, it's just about the least likely show to get a release around here from this season (German/European market). I mean, 2012 was a great year for anime, but none of the shows I want are available. And this one...

Aside: I thought censoring Emiliy's breasts was ridiculous. If anything, it made the scene more racy, rather than less.

Depends of the TV station. This one seemed rather light on censoring. I've seen stations even censoring panties shots on late-night anime.
I also think I've also seen blood censored to be made black on TV versions too.
Maybe Emily's censorship was because of nipples? Who knows.

Master_Yoma 2013-06-13 22:03

Must say Yamane was just so cute this episode and know some more of Emily past

Flower 2013-06-14 20:22

Really enjoying this bizarre, yet curiously interesting series. The characters in particular are ineresting for me, though I kinda like the art style too.

The back story of Emily was a touching to me. I wonder if she will become another bodyguard sorta person for the Queen or if she will die after uttering forgiveness to Kiri?

Fave series of the season for me. :-)

orion 2013-06-16 19:55

I been wondering something...

What if Kiri is Grayland's reincarnation? It could be a reason why he doesn't see Grayland in his dreams.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-06-16 20:43

You know, I’m gonna be pissed if this anime ends with a LOLWUT anime-original ending. If I have to choose, I’d go with cliffhanger instead of an abrupt ending. Still, an abrupt ending might also fit the weirdness of this series. I don’t know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 4721353)
Emily, how does it feel to have Kirei for a dad.

Emily: Fantastic! Now if you'll excuse me. I have to kill a certain white-haired loli coz I want to become his only daughter :heehee:.

orpheus2 2013-06-17 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 4726432)
I been wondering something...

What if Kiri is Grayland's reincarnation? It could be a reason why he doesn't see Grayland in his dreams.

I do not think so. The next episode preview shows Jurisdiction becoming crazy. He might be experiencing his ancestor's influence now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4726461)
Emily: Fantastic! Now if you'll excuse me. I have to kill a certain white-haired loli coz I want to become his only daughter :heehee:.

:heh: