AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ore no Imouto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Ore no Imouto - Character Discussion - Kyousuke (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98254)

Klashikari 2010-10-12 13:05

Ore no Imouto - Character Discussion - Kyousuke

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kyousuke related.To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Ore no Imouto fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2010-10-12 13:35

Right now, he reminds me of that protagonist from Nogizaka Haruka in the fact he seems to have no life himself and gets dragged around by other characters...
At least he grumbles a bit and shouts a bit... I guess...

margafred 2010-10-12 13:55

He just reminded me of Tsuda from SYD.

Ballad 2010-10-12 15:03

I haven't read any of the manga, so I'm interested in seeing his reactions to the games Kirino's making him play in the later episodes. If he plays them at all. :P

-Sho- 2010-10-12 17:37

Eh? seriously imo he doesn't looks like the guy in Nogizaka , fortunately !!

Anyway , his parent seems to don't care where he go lol

Hooves 2010-10-12 17:39

For some reason... Why does he remind me of Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya? The completely lazy-slacking-off person, getting dragged around by someone else?

CWW 2010-10-12 18:53

I for one see him as a less violent version of Saki from Genshiken. Not only is he the person viewers can relate to, but he also serves as a cataclysm for Kirino. Similar to what Saki did for the club. Coincidentally, Saori's appearance, mannerism and interests remind me of Madarame and, as we all know, Saki x Madarame is the OTP.

serenade_beta 2010-10-12 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sho- (Post 3294932)
Eh? seriously imo he doesn't looks like the guy in Nogizaka , fortunately !!

I wasn't talking about his looks...

Ballad 2010-10-12 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3294934)
For some reason... Why does he remind me of Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya? The completely lazy-slacking-off person, getting dragged around by someone else?

It might just be because of my fondness for Haruhi Suzumiya, but he kind of reminds me of Kyon a little bit too. Your explanation makes sense to me, though. I think he's a little more assertive when he needs to be though.

HitoriTomoyo 2010-10-12 23:29

Kyomoya.

He's a pretty decent guy: I like this take on his relationship with Mrs. Neighbor Girl.

Solafighter 2010-10-13 10:52

Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad.

The voice actor did an awsome job, giving Kyouske the right voice, for such an character. Couldnt be any better. :D

His reaction on episode 2
Spoiler for episode 2:

is interesting. :cool:

MeoTwister5 2010-10-13 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 3296122)
Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad.

The voice actor did an awsome job, giving Kyouske the right voice, for such an character. Couldnt be any better. :D

His reaction on episode 2
Spoiler for episode 2:

is interesting. :cool:

This. Being voiced by the same guy gives him that thoughtful apathy quality, where he might be rather listless and uncaring, but deep down inside he really cares about her.

velvet 2010-10-13 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Episode 2
and no one care where I went.

How old is he?
Not to start some wild speculation, but if he could smile away such treatment from his parents...
1. Either something really extreme happened in the past that made him accept his situation, or
2. Simply got used to it (Most likely, considering the atmosphere of the story)

Considering the treatment Kirino gave him in the first half, if such condition had been around for
quite sometimes I could see him being apathist. Not saying Kirino wasn't under pressure herself.
Either way, I really like him, maybe out of sympathy. I'd like to think its cute that both of them "relieving" each other without realizing it.

Divini 2010-10-13 18:27

Listening to Yuichi Nakamura voicing him almost makes Kyosuke seem like I'm seeing Okazaki all over again. The personality certainly fits.

Except less snarky and witty and more of a Kyon-esque "why me?" type.

Hooves 2010-10-13 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divini (Post 3296719)
Listening to Yuichi Nakamura voicing him almost makes Kyosuke seem like I'm seeing Okazaki all over again. The personality certainly fits.

Except less snarky and witty and more of a Kyon-esque "why me?" type.

Its Okazaki + Kyon!! o.o..... A genius combination in my mind :heh:

Undertaker 2010-10-14 11:02

Kyosuke's Bio from novel:

Height: 170cm
Weight: 60kg
B/W/H: -

Self-proclaimed regular highshcool student. Lacks motivation to do anything, hoping for a "normal" and "event-less" life.

MeoTwister5 2010-10-15 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3297776)
Kyosuke's Bio from novel:

Height: 170cm
Weight: 60kg
B/W/H: -

Self-proclaimed regular highshcool student. Lacks motivation to do anything, hoping for a "normal" and "event-less" life.

Which is pretty much Kyon.:eyespin:

Undertaker 2010-10-15 08:28

and both are master of tsukkomi art.

Guardian Enzo 2010-10-15 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3298891)
Which is pretty much Kyon.:eyespin:

And, to be fair, the male lead in about 60% of currently airing anime at any given time! :heh:

milkyjing 2010-10-15 11:17

The characteristic of Kyousuke reminds me of Tomoki in Sora no Otoshimono who is also just wanting common and peaceful everyday life. But anyway they are much different in many aspects (explicitly).

I think Kyousuke is really a good brother. He is caring and do good to his younger sister. But one thing I should point out is that he is too lack of control over his sis :(. Hope he'll build his prestige at last.