AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   My HiME / My Otome (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   [Mai Otome] Episode 11 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26319)

Catgirls 2005-12-17 15:09

[Mai Otome] Episode 11 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode discussion thread.

I'll post a new Episode discussion thread every Tuesday (a few days before the show actually airs). Please do not vote in the poll until you have watched the episode. If pre-voting gets out of hand, then I'll open the Episode threads on Thursday or Friday instead.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • NO Manga spoilers in the Episode thread. Please alert a Moderator if you see Manga spoilers. Use the http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif button you see below each users name.

• Keep it on-topic and discuss the episode at hand.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members. Rudeness will lead to impotency.

Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Please remember that only moderators can start the episode discussion threads every week.

Poll

The poll is fairly self explanatory:

(*) = Poor, (**) = Below Average, (***) = Average, (****) = Above Average, (*****) = Excellent!

Timeless Enigma 2005-12-18 14:43

This has to be one of the better episodes for me because Nina is finally the focus of the episode.

Irina's imitation of Nina was priceless, that really cracked me up.

It seems to me that Nina may have a faint idea about who's behind Arika's funding, or maybe I'm misunderstand some of the dialogue near the end of the episode.

Lith Maethor 2005-12-18 14:52

hehehehe

imitation was priceless indeed... literally fell off my chair when i watched it

as for Nina knowing/suspecting... i have to agree...

on another note... we finally see Akira and Takumi (if that is what they call themselves still)

Radiosity 2005-12-18 14:55

Yay, first post... again. Bloody crackers should be hanged, drawn and quartered (google it if you really want to know the specifics ;) ). Cough, anyway...

Loved this episode. Arika most definitely stays at #1 for my favourite coral as well as favourite character. Despite Nina generally being unpleasant to Arika (her usual self in other words, and not meaning to diss Nina - I do like her too :) ), Arika came through 100% as a friend in helping her look for the watch and pendant. And when Sergey says at the end that it's because 'September 7th is when I first met you', seeing Nina realise that she was mistaken as her eyes fill with tears was a really nice touch.

Some good Mashiro action too of course. Can't get enough of the crazy queen. Oh, and we get to hear Nina's super sexy little yelp again! :D

Good ep all round, thumbs up. A nice change of pace from the recent action too.

Preston 2005-12-18 15:19

Ok, first post and perhaps an opputunity for a new look. Hmm.. I'll see how this looks. ****ing bastards.. who hacks a forum like this? Damn. I'm in a kind of semi-rage about that right now, so I'll keep this post breif until I can collect what I wanted to say before reading about the forum going back to January.

Ok, I really liked this episode, yes, Nina getting some major screen time (for her) made it a real winner straight away, and how everything worked out for her is a nice ending. We get to know a little more about Nagi's plans, but just confirming what was pretty obvious anyway. Hmm.. don't know what to think of the preview for next episode. Akira and Takumi back is a good thing, I guess, but I wasn't such a major fan of either of them last time round. Just a question of waiting and seeing..

EDIT: And what's with the rule of only moderators being able to start these threads? I don't really have any feelings on it, but where did it come from? Man, don't turn this into another Egosoft forum mess up. Though I'm probably being paranoid. :)

cry 2005-12-18 15:22

this episode was really interesting. I wanna know why akira has to hide her gender again (maybe in her kingdom only boys can gouvern o_0??) is takumi still very close to her?
Is mai now an official otome from akira's country? (if so, where is she?)
the preview shows that arika will probably have to play mashiro's role until they found her, it will be fun :)

But i want more action and storyline! things go more slowly in mai otome...

Matrim 2005-12-18 15:24

I didn't like this episode, it was rather boring, IMO. We laready knew about Nina's issues with Sergey and that Mashiro is as childish as you can get. In short - too much Arika and Mashiro, too little of the MH characters (not counting Mashiro, of course :)) and nothing was done about the Aswald threat. And Arika jumped thirty places in the Otome rankings, I guess in the next episode she will be number one... The only interesting question after this episode is whether Akira is male or female, if it's the latter he seems to hide his identity quite well since he is thought to be a prince. But in the preview he is shown with that band of cloth around his chest so maybe he is actually a "she".

Preston 2005-12-18 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrim
And Arika jumped thirty places in the Otome rankings, I guess in the next episode she will be number one...

That immense jump in rank was due to her commendable effot in the hike. Another jump of similar size won't be happening for awhile I don't think. I can't imagine ranks change that much during 'normal' school term. We'll have to wait until the next test or equivalent.

Winchester 2005-12-18 15:35

Not much to say about this ep, except I felt cheated out of my pre-ep discussion by the blasted hackers. I move we flay and salt them should they be caught...

It's becoming ever more likely that it is indeed Arika who's really the princess - Nagi is pretty dead certain Mashiro isn't the real one, and there's just too much coincidence in birthdays. Also, Nina knowing about Sergei being Arika's anonymous benefactor is pretty much a given - I think she figured it out back in episode six or something. Like most big secrets, it isn't.

Spoiler:

Hey, what's the correct syntax for the spoiler tag anyway? Didn't there use to be a button for inserting them?

SP

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-18 15:37

Quote:

I didn't like this episode, it was rather boring, IMO. We laready knew about Nina's issues with Sergey and that Mashiro is as childish as you can get. In short - too much Arika and Mashiro, too little of the MH characters (not counting Mashiro, of course :)) and nothing was done about the Aswald threat. And Arika jumped thirty places in the Otome rankings, I guess in the next episode she will be number one... The only interesting question after this episode is whether Akira is male or female, if it's the latter he seems to hide his identity quite well since he is thought to be a prince. But in the preview he is shown with that band of cloth around his chest so maybe he is actually a "she".

Don't forget the option that Akira is "filling in" for Takumi as the Prince... This has been speculated around the place.

Why? Because the preview suggests that Arika might be filling in for Mashiro too!

So we would have a fake prince dancing with a fake (?) princess, and both sides hope the other won't find out...

And of course, we would get real prince Takumi ended up on a date of a sorts with real (?) princess Mashiro, out on the streets eating icecream. It would work, in a wacked out way...:D

Matrim 2005-12-18 15:37

Quote:

That immense jump in rank was due to her commendable effot in the hike. Another jump of similar size won't be happening for awhile I don't think. I can't imagine ranks change that much during 'normal' school term. We'll have to wait until the next test or equivalent.
I know, I was being sarcastic. :)

EfrainMan 2005-12-18 15:40

Cute episode, I enjoyed it. And Arika still takes advantage of Nina's weakness :naughty:

Plus, chibi-Nina is uber cute. I almost can't stand it...almost ;)

Winchester 2005-12-18 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston

EDIT: And what's with the rule of only moderators being able to start these threads? I don't really have any feelings on it, but where did it come from? Man, don't turn this into another Egosoft forum mess up. Though I'm probably being paranoid. :)

It's probably due to last week, when someone started the thread waayy early and the first ten pages had no content relevant to the episode. If a mod starts them, then we won't have as many complaints about early starts as we had then...

SP

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-18 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winchester
It's probably due to last week, when someone started the thread waayy early and the first ten pages had no content relevant to the episode. If a mod starts them, then we won't have as many complaints about early starts as we had then...

SP

Anyone can start these threads, so why not a Mod? It's not like it ever really mattered...

cry 2005-12-18 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Don't forget the option that Akira is "filling in" for Takumi as the Prince... This has been speculated around the place.

i didn't think about it! yes, it could be the reason...

Preston 2005-12-18 15:44

Quote:

I know, I was being sarcastic. :)

I know, I was being provocative. :D :p

Quote:

Anyone can start these threads, so why not a Mod? It's not like it ever really mattered...

Mm, point. I guess so, it's just it being enforced that I don't like. But I said 'new look'.. I must do my best to keep on topic! I'll have a long, relevant and hopefully intelligent post to make tomorrow, right now I have an avatar and signature image to make.

Xellos-_^ 2005-12-18 16:05

I just love the opening part when they show Arika in mad-neko mode running through the survival test :p

Allover a very good setup episode. While i enojy the setup episode I really hope they start the real story soon.

Befgrek 2005-12-18 16:21

Quote:

Why? Because the preview suggests that Arika might be filling in for Mashiro too!

So we would have a fake prince dancing with a fake (?) princess, and both sides hope the other won't find out...

And of course, we would get real prince Takumi ended up on a date of a sorts with real (?) princess Mashiro, out on the streets eating icecream. It would work, in a wacked out way...:D

This exactly what I thought after watching the preview as well...

So, they're trying to get Mashiro to marry Akira/Takumi? Nah, that won't happen. They can't seperate Akira and Takumi, can they? Besides, Mashiro already has gotten one wedding proposal from Nagi! Damn, being a queen must be tough.

Well, it was a good/average episode. Mostly due to the comedy. Irina's Nina-imitation, Mashiro's Superman-imitation... (changing in a telephone both... though her super powers only seem to go as far as to wearing those extemely large sunglasses without being ashamed.) and Mikoto's Superman-imitation. (Sorry Mikoto, cats can't fly.)

Questions for the next episode are: Will Mai finally appear? What happened to Miyu? What will happen on Takumi and Mashiros date? And most importantly: Where the hell did all the lesbian undertones go?

Sakuya 2005-12-18 16:31

I'm surprised they're going to keep Akira exactly the way she was. Or at least it seems like she's the same. She even has the same bandages around her chest. If she's a girl, then there's a new possibility to who the shadowy Otome in the OP is! :)

ThePuff 2005-12-18 16:44

I'm still completely lost and confused about the connection between Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome. Also, maybe I'm the last person on earth to notice this, but was Arika running around in the background at the end of ep. 26 of Mai-HiME?