AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pirates and Bounties *Spoilers* (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6060)

Kaze23114 2004-01-28 12:04

Pirates and Bounties *Spoilers*

Alright when I was reading the manga about how Black Beard was looking for pirates with a bounty over 100 Million

how exactly is that going to make him one of the 7 Mighty Pirates *I forgot their name* I mean isn't that like bounty hunting? and I wonder how big Gol D. Roger's Bounty was

Nine Devil 2004-01-28 12:44

Well if he kills Luffy then that will show the elder five stars that he is a strong pirate and that he can take out the guy who took out Crocodile(one of the Shichibukai) so then he thinks that he has a higher change to join the Shichibukai.

We don't know how big Gold D. Roger's bounty is im sure it was the highest ever.

eLstar 2004-01-28 13:48

I'd just like to say that I love how they substitute Bounties for Power Levels. It's a cool thing too because I was getting sick of "Oh my! He's at 3507745 gigwatts/ki/energy" or whatever.

Nine Devil 2004-01-28 13:56

Just watched DBZ episode 230 SSJ 3 Wow goku screamns hard its so coooooooooooooollll :D

Mr. Bushido 2004-01-28 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaze23114
Alright when I was reading the manga about how Black Beard was looking for pirates with a bounty over 100 Million

how exactly is that going to make him one of the 7 Mighty Pirates *I forgot their name* I mean isn't that like bounty hunting? and I wonder how big Gol D. Roger's Bounty was

100 million is 19 million higher than crocodile a former shichibukai.l If you beat ppl that are 100 mil and higher constantly, ur strong enough to be shichibukai.

Nasuke 2004-02-15 15:57

So in One Piece bounties are the power levels.

Kite 2004-02-15 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasuke
So in One Piece bounties are the power levels.

Pretty Much.

eLstar 2004-02-17 17:40

Quote:

The Belli bounty system is flawed. This isn't DBZ whereby the person with the highest # is the strongest. If Mr. 3 almost succeded in taking down Dorry and Brogy, together worth 200 000 000 belli, then I believe Mr. 0 could have singlehandedly killed them both without a scratch on him. Oh, yeah and he was worth a mere 81 000 000. I bet the 20 000 000 worth Arlong could beat the crap out of 55 000 000 worth Bellamy. Lots of things come into play when a Bounty sum is being set for someone. The clues are littered all over the manga.
DarkNitty says it best.

Nine Devil 2004-02-17 17:46

Nope bounty shows the power.

eLstar 2004-02-17 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Nope bounty shows the power.

It shows how dangerous and fearsome you are. Besides, it's not always the case. I vidily remember Bellamy (or one of his officers) saying something about many pirates make false bounties about themselves to make them seem much stronger then they actually are.

Most of the time, the bounties relfect how strong a person is. But not always.

Nine Devil 2004-02-17 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranz
It shows how dangerous and fearsome you are. Besides, it's not always the case. I vidily remember Bellamy (or one of his officers) saying something about many pirates make false bounties about themselves to make them seem much stronger then they actually are.

True but the bountie of Dorry and Brogy where set up 100 years ago plus they are fighting everyday so that means they have become weaker(old age plus every moment of fight you don't recover that much in no time) and mr.3 didn't beat them(well not in a fair way) he tricked them.

eLstar 2004-02-17 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine Devil
True but the bountie of Dorry and Brogy where set up 100 years ago plus they are fighting everyday so that means they have become weaker(old age plus every moment of fight you don't recover that much in no time) and mr.3 didn't beat them(well not in a fair way) he tricked them.

Well regardless, the bounty system doesn't always have to be accurate.

Besides there's no really anything called "fairness" in a real battle.

;)

LVO 2004-02-17 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranz

Agreed. I see the bounty as more of an percieved threat then as an any actual physical ranking. Look at Crocodile. Very low bounty for the company he keeps but thats because few people know who he is. If he wern't always in the shadows, it would definitly be higher.

Nine Devil 2004-02-17 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVO
Agreed. I see the bounty as more of an percieved threat then as an any actual physical ranking. Look at Crocodile. Very low bounty for the company he keeps but thats because few people know who he is. If he wern't always in the shadows, it would definitly be higher.

Euhm your bounty stops when you enter the Shichibukai.

wnkryo 2004-02-17 18:03

As for reference and becuase my memory is at a loss; bounties are made by government officials, and thier cash value depends on how dangerous they are to "society" right?

soraryu 2004-02-18 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnkryo
As for reference and becuase my memory is at a loss; bounties are made by government officials, and thier cash value depends on how dangerous they are to "society" right?

Hmm, I think that the bounties depend on who they defeat and the preceived threat (to the marines establishment and the world government). For example, Luffy (and his crew) defeated Crocodile (with his company). Therefore, Luffy's bounty has to be higher than Crocodile and since Crocodile (member of the shicibukai) was defeated by an almost nobody - East Blue pirates are considered the weakest (before defeating Crocodile, Luffy's bounty was just 30 million belli).

Mr. Bushido 2004-02-18 03:53

er.... luffy's group poses no threat. they have bounties just because they're pirates + strength. They even liberated a kingdom....

Dragon Flame 2004-02-18 05:24

adding on to Zoros sarcasm, 3 of Luffys 7 members amount to a 230million Beri bounty... 3 of them and thats out of a 7 man crew, yep they sure do suck...

Sethi 2004-02-18 08:26

Yep i also have to agree after all one of them is worth 60 million the other 79 million and finally 100 million a bunch of weaklings for sure :D
Also i think it is about time that Sanji get's a Bounty, he defeated Mr.2 in Alabasta, and beated the crap out of all the agents of Crocodile in Rainbase, i think a bounty of 50 Millions would be fitting no?

Mr. Bushido 2004-02-19 23:49

239 million for a 7 member crew and u call that weak??? Don Krieg's 50 ship full of crew doesnt even really mount up to 20 million. 7 member with a bounty of 239 million is considered HIGH in the One Piece world. Hell besides the Shichibukai and beyond, 100 million for a crew seems to be high.

Sanji should have the same bounty as Zoro, even tho sanji's weaker. They are "rivals" after all. It seems the story is long going, so im sure the crew will each eventually get higher bounties. I mean can u imagine the fear and excitement Ussop and Chopper will get with a bounty of say... 40 mil?
"HAHA im strong!.... oi oi! doesnt this mean the marine will be after me too!?!?!"

if you ask me, Nami should have a bounty near 50 mil and up. Without her, the crew poses no threat at all really. I mean think about it, does Osama threat the US with his own guns and muscle?