AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2012-10-19 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araxiel (Post 4403448)
I kind of hope the full-armour Age-1 stays chunky like that. [I imagine it'll be parts over the top of a Normal rather than moulded-on armour, so hopefully so.]

It'll be like that IMO. Kinda like the MG Duel Gundam.. We get the regular Duel Gundam, and parts to give him the Assault Shroud. I'm hoping for a MG with the armor & glastron launcher (as shown) and also parts for Zefuld so we can buy 2x of it and display it in both forms.

kaizerknight01 2012-10-20 14:07

gunpla n figma stop motion !!

suiton629 2012-10-21 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 (Post 4404884)
gunpla n figma stop motion !!

Damn!

Gundam X Star Wars X Final Fantasy X Metal Gear X Fate

O_o

bio9205 2012-10-21 10:12

A question - how bad are polycap-less kits? I'm thinking of getting a HG Brave but loose parts that drop off easily annoy the hell out of me, so I'm thinking twice.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-10-21 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4406309)
A question - how bad are polycap-less kits? I'm thinking of getting a HG Brave but loose parts that drop off easily annoy the hell out of me, so I'm thinking twice.

I have a few polycap-less MG's, like the F91 and the Unicorn Gundam. I put them all away because they had so many loose parts -.- Unicorn couldn't even stand proberly. Don't know about the HG's, though. I would check some video reviews for those.

suiton629 2012-10-21 11:55

Quote:

Check out like Prime92, Stryderprime, Vegeta, etc on YouTube. Most likely one of them have reviews for the ones in question.

Appel 2012-10-21 14:24

Quote:

They can be kinda bad. The Unicorn is definitely the worst offender in that regard. Mainly because the knees like to actually break when you bend them!
The Sinanju also doesn't use polycaps but I don't really have problems with it. The joints are very very tight though so I am afraid of moving it every time I touch it :P
My F91 is sort of lose but it works well.
I do have the HG Brave Commander as well. And it really isn't all that lose in my opinion, I do like that kit a lot!

suiton629 2012-10-21 17:31

In case you're too lazy to search...

1/144 HG Brave Commander Type Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knXQiF_o0e4&hd=1

I know there's a regular kind, but I assume this and the regular one are similar of the same minus the color changes and a few additional parts used to indicate that it is the Commander type.

bio9205 2012-10-21 17:58

I've seen reviews, I'd just like the personal opinion of the folks here at AS :D Thanks for the info guys. But doesn't the Unicorn use poly caps? Or are you not referring to the HGUC?

EDIT: Whoops, just realized you were talking about the MG. :heh: I'll see what I can do with the Brave!

duotiga 2012-10-21 18:48

I have the brave kits both normal & commander type . Surprisingly is rather firm & is not loose

casval cehack 2012-10-22 00:24

The HG Nobel is also polycap-less and the joints seems to hold. I would be more concern on the PS (instead of ABS) pieces that connect to the polycaps...now my Danazine is a serpent dragon because of that.

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/7214/rgtransform.jpg
Speaking of loose parts...I fear for these joints. I may have to buy two RG Zetas just to display the new waverider look.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-22 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4407392)
Speaking of loose parts...I fear for these joints. I may have to buy two RG Zetas just to display the new waverider look.

You sure love the Waverider mode do you? ;)

On another note, I've finished another backlog of mine. It's MG Aile Strike + Bazooka

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Since I'm lazy, I still haven't build the Aile Striker Pack yet :p. Maybe I'd do it after I finished my MG Duel.

Znozzy 2012-10-22 02:28

Man, that Bazooka is glorious. 4 magazines. mmmm.

Zeydra 2012-10-22 03:16

I actually built a HG Brave Commander a little while back, got it posed on my shelf on it's stand right now. It was a pain in the backside to put some of it together and honestly would have been better with polycaps, but it's been keeping the pose I set it in a few months back really well and nothing fell to pieces on me. Though they do certainly feel like they would if I started playing around with it much, which is why I just did a basic pose, put it on the stand, and left it there.

The arms and legs seem like they're solid enough, but the shoulder and hip area adornments feel like they would pop off if I tried to do anything ambitious.

And that would be my view on the kit. It looks great though, I will say that. Even in a basic gun pointing pose it looks really good.

Znozzy 2012-10-22 12:01

After some googling and zero results, here comes a question!

Did bandai ever release a model of the Bandit from Turn A in any scale?

suiton629 2012-10-22 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 4408042)

I don't think so.
Besides, I think the other series are more popular let alone the Bandai being a non-lead character.

Znozzy 2012-10-22 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4408046)
I don't think so.
Besides, I think the other series are more popular let alone the Bandai being a non-lead character.

non-leading character? bandai?

http://www.friendshipismagic.org/for...2&d=1341514337

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-22 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 4408042)

Hmm....I don't think they did. IIRC they only produce the plamo of Turn A, Turn X, Kapool, Sumo (Gold & Silver), & Flat in standard HGs. The Gundams & Gold Sumo are also made in HG 1-100 scale.

Znozzy 2012-10-22 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4408077)
Hmm....I don't think they did. IIRC they only produce the plamo of Turn A, Turn X, Kapool, Sumo (Gold & Silver), & Flat in standard HGs. The Gundams & Gold Sumo are also made in HG 1-100 scale.

Yeah, i could find the kits you mentioned above, but you never know. Had to ask, thanks for the reply

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-10-22 13:39

So Bandai went and made the Robot Damashii Blitz Gundam, an exclusive.

After the other 4 were all mass releases.

Well, FUCK YOU TOO MOTHER FUCKERS.