AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-10-18 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3813226)
they have slight color variations and actual decals and seals.
also, please use the edit button... you are constantly double posting!

So then it's pointless to buy these "updated" HG kits?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-18 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3813203)
My take is different. HG Freedom and most of the HG SEED line have horrible sculpts and proportions. RG Freedom would definitely look much better on the Meteor Unit. Not a waste at all.

Yes, I knew that the RG's sculpts and proportions are far better. I wasn't talking about those. I was talking about those flexible frame and joints which will be wasted since Freedom's pose will be very limited when it uses Meteor.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-18 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3813227)

Depends. Do you own any of those kits? Yes? Donīt buy them unless you want the effect parts and decals. No? You want the Duel or the Blitz in 1/144 scale? Go buy them, because their not coming out in that scale as RG, Iīm sure of that.

Appel 2011-10-18 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3813227)

that really depends. they do come with decals and an action base attachment which the old versions did not. they also come with special effect parts that might fit on other kits as well.
and if you didnt have those yet then now you can buy those instead of the old ones :P

casval cehack 2011-10-19 00:53

If they're inexpensive enough, I might be tempted to buy the HG Ginn, just to get the blown-in-half effect part. Maybe in the future, all HG SEED cannon fodder suits (i.e. Windam) with contain one as a standard.

firefox 2011-10-19 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3814244)
If they're inexpensive enough, I might be tempted to buy the HG Ginn, just to get the blown-in-half effect part. Maybe in the future, all HG SEED cannon fodder suits (i.e. Windam) with contain one as a standard.

The ginn is qualitywise the best 1/144 HG seed model, doens't take alot of painting to make it look real cool unlike the gundams. I'll take a picture of mine when i have the time :)

Chiu_fan 2011-10-19 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3804078)
hmm.. hobby saw? not very sure what it is called but its like a hobby knife with a jagged edge somewhat like a mini saw. if you bought your hobby knife from a hobby store they should stock it too. :)

Thanks, maybe I'll try finding one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3804178)
I've seen these special 1/100 hands you can buy, which are fully articulated. Might be better than endlessly carving away :P

I've seen them but to me they don't match with the kits. I can't use them on some certain kits.

Anyway, here's some pics of my MG Destiny EBM. My thumbnails weren't working so I just posted the actual pics here.
Spoiler for My MG Destiny EBM:

One of my biggest complaint when I got finished this kit was that I discovered that I got 2 effect parts for the left wing! What happened to Bandai's quality control!:frustrated:
Spoiler for :

I've been thinking of a way to fix this. Can I heat up the effect part in hot water then bend it. Do you guys think that it is a good idea?

duotiga 2011-10-19 02:52

im doing the MG Destiny EBM also atm!!!!

the launcher gimmick is kinda cool but very delicate.....

Chiu_fan 2011-10-19 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3814401)
im doing the MG Destiny EBM also atm!!!!

the launcher gimmick is kinda cool but very delicate.....

Yeah, specifically the handle part. When I assembled mine, the handle(H5 and H7) was already loose when I just attached it. Not to mention, it's kinda scary when you turn the handle 'cuz it might break.

casval cehack 2011-10-19 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3814298)
SNIP

I've been thinking of a way to fix this. Can I heat up the effect part in hot water then bend it. Do you guys think that it is a good idea?

I would test it first on some empty runners.

Chiu_fan 2011-10-19 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3814557)
I would test it first on some empty runners.

I've did it before on other kits but those were the basic plastic material on every kind of model kit I've built. I just want to know if it is safe because the effect part is of a different material.

firefox 2011-10-19 09:16

I'm starting to get into Robot Damashii figures as i bought some in sale at HLJ.

Can somebody tell me why bandai is releasing a new Unicorn gundam damashii which is if i look right bigger then the old one? (and also more posable). Robot Damashii does not have a fixed scale i believe like HCM Pro.

Znozzy 2011-10-19 10:09

:x just got my trio set of Jestas.

they are all broken, it looks like someone jumped on the package, most of the sprues are broken/snapped.

the kits are unopened, the plastic is sealed, can you return it to HLJ and get replacement kits? this has never happend before, i dunno what to do, contact them by email with pictures of the boxes?

does anyone know where you can order trees and " grass " for dioramas? the store around here closed down and i can't take a trip to the bigger cities due to work/birthdays in the next 2 months :x

Bonta Kun 2011-10-19 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3814917)

they are all broken, it looks like someone jumped on the package, most of the sprues are broken/snapped.

the kits are unopened, the plastic is sealed, can you return it to HLJ and get replacement kits? this has never happend before, i dunno what to do, contact them by email with pictures of the boxes?

does anyone know where you can order trees and " grass " for dioramas? the store around here closed down and i can't take a trip to the bigger cities due to work/birthdays in the next 2 months :x

HLJ's help page should tell you what you need to do but yes, taking pictures of the box before opening is a good thing.
Even says taking a picture with the the carrier is advised but guess you can't do that now.
It's always a good thing to know what to do with damaged goods which is why you should read up on it for future ref.
It's surprising how many people don't do this.

Sad to hear of this, it's always a bummer getting items that are damaged. Can be very off putting towards the where you get it even tho they probably aren't really to blame>__<

Appel 2011-10-19 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3814917)

ah crap, im sorry to hear that... im pretty sure that HLJ might offer a refund.

about diorama materials, gamesworkshop stores have that. they have details like trees and grass and also the materials to form landscapes and mountains.
if you dont have a store like that near you then you can always order it online^^

duotiga 2011-10-19 11:21

i got a very big announcement.......THAT I WON gundam.info 4 in 1 PGs!!!!! o.O

Chiu_fan 2011-10-19 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3815026)

Seriously?! Congrats man!;) Have fun building thos PGs.

duotiga 2011-10-19 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3815031)
Seriously?! Congrats man!;) Have fun building thos PGs.

storage is becoming a big big issue for me :eyespin:

Appel 2011-10-19 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3815026)

wow congratulations^^ you gonna keep all of them?
but all price packs really were awesome... they pretty much put their finest kits into these packs! especially the MG set!

duotiga 2011-10-19 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3815040)
wow congratulations^^ you gonna keep all of them?
but all price packs really were awesome... they pretty much put their finest kits into these packs! especially the MG set!

most probably keeping Red Frame , the rest might sell off for future funding =x :heh:

The MGs set i have in fact all of them =x (sinanju is titanium thoughbut unfixed, so is red frame ) :eyespin: