AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Noblesse (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97069)

2H-Dragon 2010-08-31 07:15

Noblesse

So wondering is anyone reading Noblesse? It's a Korean webcomic, it's pretty good to say the least. The plot isn't anything amazing yet, but the characters are so good and funny. Probably the best webcomic I'm currently reading(not that I read webcomics :heh: ).

RAW can be found here.

Spoiler for Example image:

Irenicus 2010-08-31 07:58

Someone finally made a thread of it huh. :heh:

This is some seriously awesome cheese, IMO. It's like watching a good summer action movie. The jokes are stupid yet hilarious, the characters are awesome, the plot is actually interesting, the main guy is absolutely glorious, and there's no end to excitement. Sure, this is no Crime and Punishment*, but who's looking for that here?

*the reference actually has meaning: there's a kickass manga adaptation to the classic novel going.

2H-Dragon 2010-08-31 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 3220212)
Someone finally made a thread of it huh. :heh:

This is some seriously awesome cheese, IMO. It's like watching a good summer action movie. The jokes are stupid yet hilarious, the characters are awesome, the plot is actually interesting, the main guy is absolutely glorious, and there's no end to excitement. Sure, this is no Crime and Punishment*, but who's looking for that here?

*the reference actually has meaning: there's a kickass manga adaptation to the classic novel going.

About time no? :P

Yeah it really isn't something that will take the genre to new heights, but it doesn't have to. Never though I'd see the day where I'm actually anticipating the next chapter of a web series. Another plus is that it's free, no need to feel guilty when you read the scans.

OT:Read a few chapters of CaP the story hasn't kicked in yet. W8ing for more chapters to come out before I sink my teeth in it.

Irenicus 2010-08-31 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon (Post 3220294)
OT:Read a few chapters of CaP the story hasn't kicked in yet. W8ing for more chapters to come out before I sink my teeth in it.

Actually I think the authors who are popular enough to become "professionals" get paid by Naver (which is like the major Korean web portal or something) though yeah it's free to read. Some other great new webcomics came out through it too. I'm not completely sold on their business model but it's none of my business either.

Trace was amazing, and I think Tower of God is shaping up to be really interesting. Pink Lady was really sweet (and super popular in Asia) though the author herself asked for the Western fans to stop translating w/o her permission. Noblesse got the most laughs out of me though. Who'd have thought opening a door would be so damned epic, it's even better than eating potato chips. :heh:

2H-Dragon 2010-08-31 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 3220314)
Actually I think the authors who are popular enough to become "professionals" get paid by Naver (which is like the major Korean web portal or something) though yeah it's free to read. Some other great new webcomics came out through it too. I'm not completely sold on their business model but it's none of my business either.

Trace was amazing, and I think Tower of God is shaping up to be really interesting. Pink Lady was really sweet (and super popular in Asia) though the author herself asked for the Western fans to stop translating w/o her permission. Noblesse got the most laughs out of me though. Who'd have thought opening a door would be so damned epic, it's even better than eating potato chips. :heh:

Yeah, I'm guessing it's kinda like youtube for comics(without the pirated stuff on it). It seems some of those webcomics do go on to be published. It is an interesting development though the translating of korean webcomics.

Wargumm1i 2010-09-04 19:54

This Korean webcomic is badass. The main character is badass. The servent Frankenstein is badass. Almost everything about it is badass.

SonOfHeaven 2010-09-04 20:04

Nice. About time to see a thread for Noblesse. The author/artist makes Rai so epic even when doing the simplest of things. The comedy is also good mainly due to Rai and the characters reactions. Most of the regular characters are enjoyable as well. Highly recommend anyone to read Noblesse.

lightbringer 2010-09-05 10:45

It's not exactly deep, but it's worth reading even if only to see Rai's epic mishandling of modern technology.

Narzia 2010-09-05 12:45

One of my favourites at the moment. It's a perfect blend of seriousness, sadness and hilarity. And the story may not win awards, but does it's job well.
I should keep an eye out for more webcomics like that. Trace already surpised me before I found Noblesse.

Wargumm1i 2010-09-05 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narzia (Post 3229937)
One of my favourites at the moment. It's a perfect blend of seriousness, sadness and hilarity. And the story may not win awards, but does it's job well.
I should keep an eye out for more webcomics like that. Trace already surpised me before I found Noblesse.

Be Heun is one of them, or atleast similar to them, its just that there arent that many chapters out yet.

Soviet 2010-10-06 12:02

This is really really entertaining. A badass 800 year old vampire needs about 5 chapters to figure out how to open the door of the apartment he lives in. The fights are awesome too!

SonOfHeaven 2011-03-07 21:59

This webcomic is getting very good right now. I don't want to spoil anything but everyone should get this a read if you haven't already.

zodanhko 2011-03-08 21:02

Patiently waiting for the next chapter...The only webcomic I'm actively following right now.

Wargumm1i 2011-03-08 21:11

The excitement is killing me, I cant wait how Rai is going to make his entrance.

SonOfHeaven 2011-05-14 21:28

Waiting every week for the next chapter is torture. Can't wait till Rai meets with the lord lady. She seems mad to say the least.

Really surprised this thread doesn't get much love here. :(

Aesthetic Shampoo 2011-05-31 03:20

Next chapter title: SHIT IS GONNA GO DOWN.

Tyrone Biggums 2011-05-31 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnythesun (Post 3632697)
Next chapter title: SHIT IS GONNA GO DOWN.

AGREED!

Fuck, I've been waiting for 187 chapters for a showdown like this.

Bow before your Master!

SonOfHeaven 2011-05-31 10:28

Same here. I hope we see Rai in action next chapter.

Kagayaki 2011-05-31 11:55

The above 3 posts are exactly what I was thinking. This is gonna be good...

Thrillhouse 2011-06-11 00:45

This manhwa needs to have more discussion, this is easily one of the most well written and suspenseful pieces of manga/manhwa out.

Anyone currently up to the latest chapter?