AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89462)

Klashikari 2009-12-16 12:13

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Episode 25 (4-7).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
    Any game spoiler posted in this thread will end up with a temporary ban of 1 day, without any kind of warning. Further offense will escalate to harsher ban.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Klashikari 2009-12-16 12:16

2chan link: http://dec.2chan.net/18/res/9695323.htm

I have no idea if they were lazy with the caps. However, if the whole episode was used for Ange VS Kasumi scene alone, I will really cringe (that would be the dumbest direction possible).
Meanwhile: yep, more distorded faces.

Marion 2009-12-16 12:19

Unfortunately it WAS just the Kasumi beating Ange up scene. It ended with Bern meeting Ange on the top of the skyscraper.

I could go on a rant as to why they made a poor choice, but that would include future spoilers so.

Spoiler for Episode spoilers:

Serpit 2009-12-16 12:21

I guess that the episode itself will actually be quite good, but the finale's pretty much ruined =/

momobunny 2009-12-16 12:22

Oh Deen...

This is why I keep my expectations super low for Umineko now. If at all possible, I honestly hope that another company will get to animate the second season.

tcaz2 2009-12-16 12:25

For once in my life I'm actually on the verge of hoping that Witch Hunt doesn't release the Ep5 patch til after the 23rd.

Cause we might need a pick me up at this rate.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

(Don't listen to me if by some miracle it'll be done before then, though :p)

passuki 2009-12-16 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maho Momo (Post 2823724)
Oh Deen...

This is why I keep my expectations super low for Umineko now. If at all possible, I honestly hope that another company will get to animate the second season.

I think so... T^T

Skullchukka 2009-12-16 12:34

2ch link? =O Silly me.

Klashikari 2009-12-16 12:36

... you realize I posted it as the second post?

Anyway, I really can't see how they can do anything about the final, considering what is left easely take 30 minutes...
I seriously want another director. Deen isn't that of a problem after more thought, but I really think Chiako is the problem here...

MayumiHime 2009-12-16 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maho Momo (Post 2823724)
Oh Deen...

Agreed. x_x

... And I thought that they would make epi 25 a lot better. Somehow I don't really want to watch the next episode, it'll be super rushed, but whatever. Umineko already failed for me. >_>

Spoiler for Ange:

bigemperor 2009-12-16 12:41

NOW IS OFFICIAL DEEN IS STUPID, AN ENTIRE EPISODE TO ANGE IN ROKKENJIMA??? WTF DEEN WTF they extremelly rushed the previous episode but now they adapt only one chapter from the sound 10000 TIMES LESS IMPORTANT THAN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS deen is just STUPID, i expect NOTHING from the last chapter.

Skullchukka 2009-12-16 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 2823745)
... you realize I posted it as the second post?

Oh, my apologies, I've just changed my "xx times to scroll when pressed space" settings, so I didn't realise you had a 2nd message there.

So, this episode is only Ange scene...

So... We only have 1 episode left, right?:confused: Wait- what?

Leinne 2009-12-16 12:47

DEEN is stupid, but at least reaction faces keep me entertained before the awful truth
ANGSTshit for one whole ep, anyone could have written it better to end where it was expected. Confirmed trolling of DEEN for the low DVD sales

ameskitty 2009-12-16 12:52

Why, Chiaki Kon, why? I was ready to forgive you (heck, even applaud you) for last episode's cuts were you to use the awesome time setup it made for the final two episodes properly :(. But no, you had to go and pointlessly stretch out yet another less important scene.

This reminds me of Higurashi Kai where the "Save Satoko" scenes dragged like hell :mad: (well I haven't read the original, true, but I could tell that there were other things she could've focused on). Does she even know what scenes people actually want to see?

</rant that I was going to save for later but this is just too much>

Proper review after I see a proper raw but...argh.

Kite22 2009-12-16 13:16

This episode was a travesty, if this is the kind of "quality" that we get then I can see why their is no hope for a second season. Honestly even if their was to be a second season, someone would have to remake the first season beforehand since I just don't see how it's possible for Chiru to make any sense with the way the anime has been directed.

MarthX 2009-12-16 13:27

Actually, this episode was rather good if you ignore what the pace will be like for the next.

How the next episode is paced isn't a part of this episode. You shouldn't rate it with that in mind.

Dlanor .A. Nox 2009-12-16 13:30

Okay....severely disappointed. So much anger but it's impossible to put into words, I really didn't care for Ange's side. It dragged on for too long in the previous episodes but this?! DEEN....any hope I had for you is gone.

KanonTheFurniture 2009-12-16 13:38

...haven't seen it yet...terrified to, after reading this...

...seriously. SERIOUSLY?! They focused the entire episode on Ange/Kasumi?!?! When they still have 1986 and Meta-World scenes to wrap up?! Fuck, based on the end of last week's, it was pseudo-cliffhangerish, and I was sure they'd rush through the conclusion but at least SHOW it!! So now what...we're not even going to get 5 minutes of the tea party next week, are we?!

I'm scared to even speculate how it's going to end up. I really, really thought that after a very pleasing EP3 that the Anime had at least some hope for EP4...and after 23 and 24, I was holding out for a spectacular 26...especially seeing DreamEndDischarger on the Anime OST, I thought 'well they can't screw us out of our tea party, then, right?' but...I have no words...

I'll watch it for myself later tonight and try desperately to rate it for its own merits and not for what a farce it's going to turn 26 - and thus the entire Anime as a whole to this point - into, but...it's too late now. This has officially become the worst Anime adaptation I've ever seen, and despite the many moments I have enjoyed, I have a very bad feeling I'm going to watch this and next week's episode thinking, 'why the Hell have I bothered to stick by this for so long?!'...

chounokoe 2009-12-16 13:43

Well honestly what hurt me the most is, that as an episode I found this one almost perfect...and it hurts so much more, that an episode, that had everything that was also in the VN which was regarded important, is to be the final stone on Umineko's grave...

This episode was atmospheric, had good cuts, nice animation in the right parts and a good amount of information that is even on par with that which the VN delivered (I missed nothing).
But considering that it means that we need an actual WONDER to save the 26th episode from being a major BURN to us all...it's hard to see the episode as a standalone...

Now I know how people knowing the VN felt when they watched Tatarigoroshi and Tsumihoroboshi during Higurashi's 1st season :(

Geekodot 2009-12-16 13:48

I am going to rate this episode when I find out how they do the end next week, because I don't think I can do a composed and fair rating of this episode now.

I actually thought this one was very good, maybe one of the best adapted episodes if you exclude certain "Quality" errors like stake hair color... But I can't give it the rating it deserves because it's going to screw over the next ep...