AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Supernatural (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94495)

aardvark 2010-06-10 09:00

Supernatural

An adaptation of the US CW Live Action series will be produced by Madhouse

http://i46.tinypic.com/15s98cm.jpg

Original Creator: Eric Kripke
Executive Producer: Masao Murayama
Director:Shigeyuki Miya and Atsuko Ishizuka
Script Supervisor: Naoya Takayama
Character Designer:Takahiro Yoshimatsu

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...atural-tv-show

ann says:

Quote:

The animeanime.jp website reports that the anime will be a 22-episode season that will cover the storyline of the live-action version's first two seasons. The first volume will ship on January 12 with the first two episodes. On February 2, the "Box 1" set will ship with episodes 3 to 12. On April 6, the "Box 2" set will ship with episodes 13 to 22. (There will be a different release schedule for the rental version of the project.)

The anime project will not only remake the best episodes from the live-action version, but also depict original episodes not seen in the live-action version. Those original episodes will include prologues of the Winchester brothers' childhood, anime-only enemies, and episodes featuring secondary characters from the live-action version.
As a fan of the TV show, I'm terribly amused by this, and horribly frightened at the fanart this will result in :heh:

Kakkou 2010-06-10 09:03

Why the fanart? There's already tons of those out there without the anime.

Raiza Sunozaki 2010-06-10 09:43

*Jaw drops*
"Mind shuts down*
You're kidding me. You have got to be fucking kidding me. I've heard of strange interpretations of western fiction into anime before (Powerpuff Girls, The Borrowers, several Marvel superheroes), but this one, this one takes the cake, the steak, and the whole freakin' buffet.
Still, being MADHOUSE, it's not like we can't expect a good quality show. They usually know what they're doing, so this could actually be pretty good. I wonder if they would re-write the script, or keep the normal plot. And if they would eventually cover all the seasons, this could turn out to be pretty cool.
Definitely on my must-watch show.

Kafriel 2010-06-10 10:05

I can see the demon-vomit already! Truthfully, I'm not thrilled to see a live action show get an anime made after it (I definitely wouldn't watch a Heroes or Lost anime, for example), and I doubt the high art of jap demon illustrations will cut it to this anime, since they're always either black mist or inside possessed humans. Still, you never know...

Chaos2Frozen 2010-06-10 10:08

Wow... Just... Wow.

Is everybody making an Anime these days? First Dragon Age, now Supernatural :eyespin:? Truly all bets are off :heh: Next stop, CSI and Harry Potter... Mark my words :uhoh:

That said, I love Supernatural :D Can't wait to see how this would go down... Only thing is; Can you image 'Carry on my Wayward Son' as the OP song :D ?

Raiza Sunozaki 2010-06-10 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3086227)
Wow... Just... Wow.

Is everybody making an Anime these days? First Dragon Age, now Supernatural :eyespin:? Truly all bets are off :heh: Next stop, CSI and Harry Potter... Mark my words :uhoh:

That said, I love Supernatural :D Can't wait to see how this would go down... Only thing is; Can you image 'Carry on my Wayward Son' as the OP song :D ?

Wait, they're making a Dragon Age anime? Ugh. That game is ridiculously over-hyped.
But yeah, hearing some good ol' classic rock in an anime opening would be infinitely awesome. Also, as long as they do a proper rendition of the bad-ass Impala, everything will be alright.

Chaos2Frozen 2010-06-10 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki (Post 3086234)
Wait, they're making a Dragon Age anime? Ugh. That game is ridiculously over-hyped.

yup
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3082165)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki (Post 3086234)
But yeah, hearing some good ol' classic rock in an anime opening would be infinitely awesome. Also, as long as they do a proper rendition of the bad-ass Impala, everything will be alright.

AC/DC, Kansas, Foreigner, Triumph, Bad Company... :eyespin:

Hey, a guy can dream :heh:

Sheba 2010-06-10 10:44

I fucking hope they gonna keep the classic rock. It made the charm of the series, along with the character chemistry and the "campy and proud of it" tone of the show. And please make it be done by the Madhouse good team.

Kafriel 2010-06-10 11:02

Quote:

Can you image 'Carry on my Wayward Son' as the OP song
No O_O Although it would be great for the 2-min recaps that anime seem to be fond of <3

Sheba 2010-06-10 11:11

I would like Thunderstruck by AC/DC as OP, it proved to be a good appetizer for Season 5.

Starry Dust 2010-06-10 11:56

Whoa, definitely didn't see this one coming.
But this is freaking awesome!

-KarumA- 2010-06-10 17:03

I don't know what to think.. I would watch it but it would be too awkward if they do not have the same voices as the original series... Sam and Dean suddenly in Japanese.. I'd pass

CuXe 2010-06-10 17:24

HollyCrap! So much potential and yet so many things that could go wrong...

WAIT.... tHE FIRST 2 SEASONS ONLY? No Castiel? no Lilith? no hawt demon chicks? No Angels? ...aHHH dammit!

Forget about it...

Who 2010-06-10 18:57

Nah... couldn't be... could it? <-- my initial reaction.
What is this I don't even... <-- my reaction seeing it was.

I'll give it a try. I like Supernatural anyways.

fertygo 2010-06-10 19:07

My reaction still : What is this I don't even....

But WATEVA
SUCK DAT AMERICAN AS MUCH YOU CAN, Madhouse !!!

As long Madhouse get money, I'm happy.

Raiza Sunozaki 2010-06-10 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 3086804)
My reaction still : What is this I don't even....

But WATEVA
SUCK DAT AMERICAN AS MUCH YOU CAN, Madhouse !!!

As long Madhouse get money, I'm happy.

MADHOUSE does excellent quality anime (Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei, Summer Wars, Trigun-if my memory serves me correct, several other series that I've watched but can't remember...), so I expect this to be good.
It's not like anime can't do plots set in the US (look at Higashi no Eden; some of the best scenes were the American ones). It's just silly pride that keeps Japanese animation companies from doing things like that.
At least it's not DEEN doing it, though that would be hillarious.

As an afterthought, having Sam and Dean's actors do the dubbing for this would be very cool.

fertygo 2010-06-10 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki (Post 3086812)
MADHOUSE does excellent quality anime.

Yeah, but not many of them make a profit. And one of french site even reports they have financial problems. So I'll support this project. Madhouse maybe the only studio who care about Quality of the title they'll produce on these day. I don't want them to collapse.

But unlike they project with Marvel, I'm feel uneasy with this one to be honest >_>
At least it not moeblob eh

Sai Feng 2010-06-10 20:11

Wow. I love the show Supernatural (filled the void when Buffy and Angel TV shows was over). This is surprising not sure how I feel about this, but I'm sure the fangirls will increase with their yaoi fan works haha (referencing a certain episode).

Haohmaru 2010-06-10 20:13

With Redline around the corner and Trigun the movie. I'm pretty sure they'll be doing good business. Same with HotD. Something that will definitely sell.

This could be interesting. I'm a supernatural fan, so glad to see more.

wingdarkness 2010-06-10 20:25

OMG are you serious??!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always said this would make an excellent anime in every way...I was just thinking about quitting a certain green hallucinogen this summer, but not now!! Thank You Thank you…Since LOST sold out in every way by default Supernatural has been my favorite show of the past 5 years…It’s the most creative show on regular Television and even when it missteps it still recovers and redefines it’s own genre…For this to be an anime, an anime done by MADHOUSE no less!!!!! Man this is awesome!!!!!!!! The level of disbelief I'm experiencing right now is of legend...I'm going to fanboy up for this whole process...Finally somebody out there throws a bone that most would have discarded as a cheeky dream...

I only wish Castiel could somehow be apart of this remake...

Windingo for the win!!!!!!!