AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Motto To Love-Ru (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95009)

Shiroth 2010-06-30 07:53

Motto To Love-Ru

Source:
Spoiler for Image from Weekly Shounen Jump:

It's unclear yet whether it'll be a new TV series, or another set of OVA's.

Director: Ootsuki Atsushi
Character Design: Ouka Yuichi
Series Organizer: Yamada Yasunori
Production Studio: XEBEC

Ootsuki Atsushi directed both Kanokon and Ladies vs Butlers, so he's seriously perfect for this series :p. & Ouka Yuichi worked on the past TV series and OVA's, so it's no surprise he's back.

Really hoping it'll be a new series, though going by how much material there's left to cover after the OVA's, i'm guessing we'll get more of them.

Freeter 2010-06-30 09:04

They'd better stick to the source material this time. No more ridiculous side fluff like in the first series. Also, they need to redeem Lala's character. She was actually more sincere and intelligent in the manga, instead of the bumbling airhead she was in the anime.

And although it's a long shot, hopefully we'll also get a better ending.

Eh, though I'd rather have a continuation of the manga, I'll at least keep an eye out to see if they'll improve anything. The last few OVAs were decent, so this might turn out good.

Ashaman 2010-06-30 09:12

Ohhh, I'll be looking forward to more on this!

hinakatbklyn 2010-06-30 09:17

OVA, TV series, as long as they keep this series going, I will continue watching.

MisaoFan 2010-06-30 09:30

I hope that will be under OAD format...hum...Sorry ! It's under TV series to be a remake of To Love-Ru and follows more the manga story than the first season or OVA. This proccessus reminds me of FMA Brotherhood.

Kakkou 2010-06-30 09:44

Is it me, or has the character designs changed slightly again, going by the scan? If so I sure hope this style stays, cause it looks really nice (3rd time's the charm?). Lala and Haruna look great, Rito not so much, but it's not the first time it's happened.

...guess I'll make myself finish the tv series and ovas now.

Shiroth 2010-06-30 10:01

There's really no point in remaking the series, so they'll probably just continue from where the OVA's ended, and animate the chapters that go on from there. That's the most obvious choice really.

bombyethan1000 2010-06-30 10:53

All I hope is that the series isn't as pointless as before, the last one was a trainwreck

Qikz 2010-06-30 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn (Post 3114393)
OVA, TV series, as long as they keep this series going, I will continue watching.

I'm with you on this one, love the series so whatever it is I'll continue watching.

Kanon 2010-06-30 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakkou (Post 3114419)
Is it me, or has the character designs changed slightly again, going by the scan? If so I sure hope this style stays, cause it looks really nice (3rd time's the charm?). Lala and Haruna look great, Rito not so much, but it's not the first time it's happened.

...guess I'll make myself finish the tv series and ovas now.

It looks a bit different, yes, and I agree it looks better and closer to Yabuki-sensei's art. The chara design for the OVAs was too "chubby", I personally liked the one for the TV series better.

Whether it's a new TV series or more OVAs, I'm glad to get more To love-ru. There can never be enough Mikan and Yami <3.

serenade_beta 2010-06-30 13:21

If it is a TV series... All I can ask is that it is not so torturous and deadly boring as the first season was. Oh the nightmares...

Ashaman 2010-06-30 13:34

I'll be honest and say I'm hoping for something similar to the final OVA, though if it is a series, I doubt it.

farios 2010-06-30 18:39

Can't they just let the series die already?

OverMaster 2010-06-30 18:40

Maybe I'll be crucified for saying this, but they don't really need to stick too close to the manga stories. Because frankly, 90% of those stories weren't exactly stellar to begin with.

True, somehow, they made the plots for the TV series even worse, but a gifted writer shouldn't have much 'trouble' (bad pun!) topping the plotting quality of the manga. Which was worth reading mostly because of the pretty artwork.

slidingk1 2010-06-30 20:18

I'll watch it just not going to have high hopes for things.

Ravenblitz 2010-06-30 20:21

i don't mind if they reset the series or continue what OVA has left

i hope they'd stick to the material :D

Frailty 2010-07-01 02:09

dunno if it's a 2nd season or whatnot
or another OVA or OAD or something

I'm just happy they'll do another anime or whatever it is cause I effing miss this so much

I hope they cover up how they got Celine
and I was hoping they show Kuro and Peke's human form

moar Yami-chan and Mikan-imouto = <3

I wonder if this'll make a proper ending though if it was a 2nd season...

Shiroth 2010-07-01 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 3115548)
I wonder if this'll make a proper ending though if it was a 2nd season...

Now that would be interesting, though i'd be fine with just focus on the chapters leading upto the ending, because some of then were seriously fun and would love to see them animated.

Frailty 2010-07-01 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3115601)
Now that would be interesting, though i'd be fine with just focus on the chapters leading upto the ending, because some of then were seriously fun and would love to see them animated.

they could just pick random chapters from the manga then and group them together like what they did on the last OVA

prolly, it they want to continue the plot
Spoiler for manga spoilers:

physics223 2010-07-02 07:13

I followed the To-Love Ru manga and I enjoyed it for what it was. But they have a chance to clear up the ending of the manga and not just cop out. I don't care about the girl they'll choose, I just want a choice to be made, frankly.