AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

firefox 2013-06-26 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4737298)
Yeah, I'm still considering buying the RDs. Though that will be my last resort after I wait maybe five years from now observing Bandai's approach toward this Wing TV MGs issue during that period of time.

I have most allready, only deathscyth is missing. They are really good if you can get buy the quite steep price. They do need stands doh as most are more in the air then on the ground.

Skye629 2013-06-26 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4737212)
Considering that we have the HG Perfect Strike which didn't need to redesign the Aile Striker to the extent of the MG Strike Remaster (the HG only added the battery packs and mountings for the cannon and anti-ship sword), I don't think they changed the MG design simply for the Perfect Strike.

Of course they would go through extra lengths for the MG to match the lineart......

The HG if you did not notice was a POS cash grab, where as you said the only thing they did was throw in the Remaster HG decals, battery packs, and new mounts as those were the only features missing, while the rest was just the old hg kits slapped together. They only did what was essential, minimizing the costs for a "new" kit. Why remold the HG wings when they could just lazily keep whats already there and save them cash (while making cash for their laziness)?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-06-26 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4737212)
Considering that we have the HG Perfect Strike which didn't need to redesign the Aile Striker to the extent of the MG Strike Remaster (the HG only added the battery packs and mountings for the cannon and anti-ship sword), I don't think they changed the MG design simply for the Perfect Strike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4737577)
The HG if you did not notice was a POS cash grab, where as you said the only thing they did was throw in the Remaster HG decals, battery packs, and new mounts as those were the only features missing, while the rest was just the old hg kits slapped together. They only did what was essential, minimizing the costs for a "new" kit. Why remold the HG wings when they could just lazily keep whats already there and save them cash (while making cash for their laziness)?

Umm...they did remold/redesign/whatever-you-call-it the HG Perfect Strike's wings though. At least for the upper part of the wings. But of course the degree of the redesign isn't as extreme as the MG coz they're from two different scales. For HG Perfect Strike, Bandai made the wings a lot longer and go further back compared to HG Aile:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Zeydra 2013-06-27 07:13

I love the redesign of wing zero myself. I've always liked the design but I have also always felt left as is it felt a little too much like a toy. The redesign has kept everything I love about wing zero but streamlined it as well, so I'm very happy to see this and will definitely pick it up at some point. I'll just pretend sometime for me doesn't often mean in a few years.

FalsePrime 2013-06-27 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4738454)
I love the redesign of wing zero myself. I've always liked the design but I have also always felt left as is it felt a little too much like a toy. The redesign has kept everything I love about wing zero but streamlined it as well, so I'm very happy to see this and will definitely pick it up at some point. I'll just pretend sometime for me doesn't often mean in a few years.

This is how I feel, but I would go so far as to say I've always found Wing Zero to be meh at best. This is the first time where I would say that Wing Gundam Zero TV actually is on the level of Wing Ver Ka, Wing TV, or Zero EW.

Katoki made Epyon 10x better, and has done the same thing for Wing Zero TV in my mind.

Butagami 2013-06-27 17:47

Well, it has some nice features, but I am still somewhat pissed off they couldn't just give us a normal Wing Zero TV master grade. People have been waiting for one for years, and this just seems like teasing the fans...

FalsePrime 2013-06-27 22:19

Honestly I don't really see it as that. The simple fact is, when we look at the broad picture Wing Gundam Zero EW is the thing best known and most loved from Wing. Even in polls and stuff we always see if anything from Wing places it is ALWAYS Wing Zero EW. If anything this could be a way of Bandai trying to bridge the gap between all the love of Wing Zero EW and get them to give Zero TV more love.

firefox 2013-06-28 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4739504)
Honestly I don't really see it as that. The simple fact is, when we look at the broad picture Wing Gundam Zero EW is the thing best known and most loved from Wing. Even in polls and stuff we always see if anything from Wing places it is ALWAYS Wing Zero EW. If anything this could be a way of Bandai trying to bridge the gap between all the love of Wing Zero EW and get them to give Zero TV more love.

Maybe in japan, i don't like feather gundam and i certainly don't want what i like to look like what i don't like.

So no more wing Mg's for me. I didn't like teh tallgeese EW colors either, i was really dissapointed when i saw that kit in final colors. probably will sell mine and stick with the MG tallgeese II.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-06-28 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4739009)
Katoki made Epyon 10x better, and has done the same thing for Wing Zero TV in my mind.

I would have to disagree with the "Katoki made Epyon 10x better" comment. If anything, Epyon TV looks more edgy than Katoki's design. Both designs are good but Epyon TV looks more badass imo. If the RD can do it perfectly, imagine if they made it into MG. I'd choose the TV version over EW in a heartbeat.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im.../BA78190lg.jpghttp://www.japanshop.it/files/1-100-...n-ew-ver.2.jpg

aeriolewinters 2013-06-28 03:33

http://i.imgur.com/0Ay6F4m.png
Lazy bandai is Lazy.

LoweGear 2013-06-28 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4739744)
I would have to disagree with the "Katoki made Epyon 10x better" comment. If anything, Epyon TV looks more edgy than Katoki's design. Both designs are good but Epyon TV looks more badass imo. If the RD can do it perfectly, imagine if they made it into MG. I'd choose the TV version over EW in a heartbeat.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im.../BA78190lg.jpghttp://www.japanshop.it/files/1-100-...n-ew-ver.2.jpg

You know, it's rather not fair to use such an unflattering pic of the MG to compare it to the obviously well-posed RD version.

http://www.saint-ism.com/wp-content/...by_japan_1.jpg

See? With nearly similar angling and pose, the MG Epyon doesn't look derpy. :heh:

Also, was Bandai doing an RG Strike Freedom really a surprise? :heh:

Butagami 2013-06-28 04:55

RG strike freedom? Those wings will be pretty delicate...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-06-28 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4739875)
You know, it's rather not fair to use such an unflattering pic of the MG to compare it to the obviously well-posed RD version.

I just took two small official images of each one of them (the fastest I can get from Google), that’s all. Also, well-posing doesn’t really negate my point. You can pose RD Epyon TV in action however you want it will still looks good. Epyon EW still has its ugly claws (compared to TV). Epyon TV’s shoulders, chest and torso still look better than EW too imo. EW's torso makes it look a bit fat. Also, my post above is to stress my point that Epyon EW is not 10x better than Epyon TV (as you can see above) like FalsePrime said since, like you said, the differences are only few.


Oh, and yay for RG SF! :D I’ll be waiting for the Deactive version :cool:.

bio9205 2013-06-28 07:41

I think RG SF was pretty inevitable given Destiny's release, but it's nice seeing confirmation. All I know is, we're one step closer to RG Infinite Justice :D So pumped!

EDIT: It just hit me - how are they going to do SF's inner frame? Do polycaps come in gold?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-06-28 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4740073)
EDIT: It just hit me - how are they going to do SF's inner frame? Do polycaps come in gold?

It will probably be the same treatment like they did the MG. Using cheap gold color optimally wherever necessary (polycaps too). The funny thing is, many people hate the “crappy” gold of the regular MG SF, but I like it coz it looks more yellow (just like in the anime) than the the chrome-gold of the FBM (which in many occasions just looks shiny with almost no trace of yellowish-gold). I have them both, so I can tell.

Zeydra 2013-06-28 08:35

I wonder what the makeover the strike freedom will get will look like. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do to the design with this, i originally was put off of the destiny because of the lack of its wings but the streamlining they did of its design won me over on its own merits, so i can't wait to see what a suit i already love the look of is going to look like. :)

Appel 2013-06-28 09:36

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BqInmqTVWX...47/1gg1aaa.jpg
It's the same promotional art that they used for the Perfect Grade Strike Freedom.
Until they actually confirm this I'm gonna be skeptical.

bio9205 2013-06-28 09:51

Going by the pattern Bandai's been releasing RGs, a RG SF isn't that far-fetched after all. The lineup for the next year or so is probably going to be SF > GP02A > IJ > GP03S. (At least, I hope! :D)

FalsePrime 2013-06-28 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4739728)
Maybe in japan, i don't like feather gundam and i certainly don't want what i like to look like what i don't like.

So no more wing Mg's for me. I didn't like teh tallgeese EW colors either, i was really dissapointed when i saw that kit in final colors. probably will sell mine and stick with the MG tallgeese II.

It's not just Japan. Wing Gundam Zero EW is still easily the most popular Wing even in the west.

I'm not saying you should like it, your opinion is your own, but as far as mind share goes Wing Zero EW is what has control as far as Wing goes, so if it needs taking some of the EW influence to get TV stuff then so be it.

Skye629 2013-06-28 14:04

Im gonna remain skeptical about the RG SF for now, while it makes sense in terms or release, Im not gonna celebrate just yet until all the sources are verified/Bandai makes an official statement through the Hobby Mags


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.