AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Little Busters (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   English Translation Project for Little Busters! (Game) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64458)

Youhei 2008-03-30 13:22

English Translation Project for Little Busters! (Game)

On baka-tsuki.net we are trying to get a team to translate the game Little Busters! More information can be found here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/vie...hp?f=15&t=1961

I was not sure where this post belonged, the game section seemed the most appropriate. :thinker:

A member of the baka-tsuki forum suggested I come here to find help because there are many translators here, figured I'd give it a shot :)

Thanks for your time

Sterling01 2008-03-30 14:14

Starting a translation project for the Non-H version would now be a waste of time as Ecstasy even though it also has H-scenes it's also coming with a shitload of other stuff including three new routes and Ecstasy is planned to come out in 2008

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-30 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1498616)
Starting a translation project for the Non-H version would now be a waste of time as Ecstasy even though it also has H-scenes it's also coming with a shitload of other stuff including three new routes and Ecstasy is planned to come out in 2008

I think so too, but would baka-Tsuki really be willing to host a H-game translation project.

Youhei 2008-03-30 14:39

That's the main reason I request for the Non-H version, because there are a lot more people who would rather play that version, but even so, some parts would be the same so the translations could be combined if another group decided to take up Ecstasy?

Sterling01 2008-03-30 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer (Post 1498655)
I think so too, but would baka-Tsuki really be willing to host a H-game translation project.

They're willing to host Umineko and that's adult orented in another nature.

Or just don't post the translations of the H-scenes on baka-Tsuki and hold them at another site

Varion 2008-03-30 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youhei (Post 1498670)
That's the main reason I request for the Non-H version, because there are a lot more people who would rather play that version, but even so, some parts would be the same so the translations could be combined if another group decided to take up Ecstasy?

I think more people would want to play EX, actually. Sure there are people who seem to have some kind of inexplicable phobia to eroscenes, but they're by far the minority. Plus EX isn't just limited to the additional eroscenes - as Sterling stated they'll be three new routes, a sizable amount of changes both in CGs and in text to the existing character routes, music, etc. It'll be the definitive version whether you like seeing Kudo deflowered or not.

Saying that though, I don't think this is such a bad idea, because a decent amount of it will be the same and as such could be worked on in advance for when EX does come out. A couple of routes at least (Rin's, Yuiko's) have been said to be mostly the same in EX except for the addition of a few CGs and such.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer

Nothing on their disclaimer page seems to indicate they wouldn't host it - they won't host material available in the target language officially, but there's no indication they have anything against adult material. It's not like they'd be posting the CGs either, just a bit of text, half of which will just be random moaning anyway.

theacefrehley 2008-03-30 16:11

I was going to start playing this game but when I heard it'd have an 'extended' version I stopped myself

I think you should do it :)

Key's eroscenes are normally really lame and easily ignorable
A H-version of the game won't kill anyone

Just out of curiosity
How much staff do you have up to now?

Varion 2008-03-30 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by theacefrehley (Post 1498884)
I'd start this game but when I heard it'd have an 'extended' version I stopped myself

I think you should do it :)

Key's eroscenes are normally really lame and easily ignorable
A H-version of the game won't kill anyone

Just out of curiosity
How much staff do you have up to now?

ace, ace, we're going to have to freeze you away until Umineko 3 comes out :heh: It's not just eroscenes they're adding though, or I would just say 'eh, whatever'. But I'd still be in favour of starting now, doing the bits that won't be changed and switching.

And by the looks of it, a script extractor and possible hacker. And no translator, which always makes things difficult.

Youhei 2008-03-30 18:29

I already have the script extracted, we are just in need of a translation team, which is why I came here. Baka will host as long as we have a willing translator.

boggart 2008-03-31 14:39

I would also say that it might be better to wait for the EX version to come out before deciding on starting a translation project for LB!. Although like some of the others have said, some routes will probably be left mostly unchanged, which could help start off the process.

All-in-all, I'm up for it. I'm definitely able to help edit the script when I can, but I wouldn't trust my lower-than-JLPT4 translation skills.

Piroko 2008-04-10 22:19

I have gotten this game, and went very little into the game due to crappy-ness of machine translators, and it was simply painful to go on. :P

I'm greatly anticipating for a group, whether this one or some other group, to translate Little Busters! and be able to understand how awesome I keep hearing this game is.

That said, I vote in favor for translating it now, and going on when EX comes out, basically filling in the new blanks and...eroscenes. ^^; I would like to help this project if it makes headway as a QC'er and that sort.

I wish you great luck, Youhei. :)

siletim 2008-09-28 10:54

Quote:

We are looking for a temporary editor (we're thinking of releasing something bigger). Requirements:

1. Good-great command of English.
2. A legal (for enthusiasm) copy of Little Busters! (Played the first 3 days required, finished preferred)
3. The ability to communicate via IRC and/or e-mail.
You're strongly encouraged to join us if you're feeling confident about your English skills. Whether this highly acclaimed game will ever be released in English hinges on your decision to join us now. If you've never heard of this game, I'm positive that you're gonna love it like pretty much everyone else.

p.s. If you have any questions/suggestions or willing to apply, you can do so on our channel #fluffy@irc.synirc.net , you can contact any staff member (i.e. silent, applehq, Echo, Dango) for this matter.

Varion 2008-09-28 13:45

Incidentally is this the same group that's already released a demo, or another one?

siletim 2008-09-28 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdra (Post 1941918)
Incidentally is this the same group that's already released a demo, or another one?

Same, but we now have more members working on the project. We have reworked some things about the trial, if that's what you're getting at.

Sterling01 2008-09-28 16:57

Are you guys translating Ecstasy? Or the older crappier version?

siletim 2008-09-29 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1942826)
Are you guys translating Ecstasy? Or the older crappier version?

I wouldn't call it "crappier", but yes, as of now we're working on the original Little Busters game. But considering much of it was left intact in the EX version, we might continue working on the EX later.

Tunafishisgood 2008-09-30 10:47

wouldn't it be better to move whatever translation you have right now to the EX and start on that? Or is it more complicated than that?

Sterling01 2008-09-30 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood (Post 1949294)
wouldn't it be better to move whatever translation you have right now to the EX and start on that? Or is it more complicated than that?

I don't know how far they gotten in the translation but EX and the original version use the same engine. So no it wouldn't be complicated at all.

siletim 2008-09-30 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood (Post 1949294)

Unfortunately, we haven't really considered this possibility before. But it's already a big enough project, switching to the EX version would essentially lower the chances of making it to the release. That and as I already mentioned for the most part LB and LB:EX aren't that much different from what I can tell (I don't mean the new routes that only appeared in the EX version), so should we ever want to translate the EX version of the game, it'll not be much of a problem to utilize the previously translated bits. I fully understand your concerns, but no matter how unreasonable you find our decision, that's how things are, and that's how they're likely to remain for some time.

Tunafishisgood 2008-10-01 23:08

XD Then lets translate Original First. Then using those from original, it is possible to lessen the workload on ex translation later on.