AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

wavehawk 2015-08-09 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5616380)
Radome Yo-Yo
scissor swords
nipper shield,
railgun
spray gun

- Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
...Uhm, are we talking about the same kit here?

Chibiloli 2015-08-09 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5616451)
- Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
...Uhm, are we talking about the same kit here?

Ah, no, I probably should have mentioned it was the Hyper Gunpla battle weapons set I got, sorry for the Confucius.

Chibiloli 2015-08-12 07:42

Okay, does anybody here know a set I can cannibalize for hands? The Jigen Build Knuckle set doesn't come out for a while and I wanna arm my Vrabe Gundam with some HGBC weapons but they don't fit in its hands.

Chibiloli 2015-08-13 00:19

anybody here know if White Base in Maharlika is still open? I'm planning on sending a courier there to get me a Portent Gundam and I can't find any mention of it on the Internet.

Chiu_fan 2015-08-13 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5620184)
anybody here know if White Base in Maharlika is still open? I'm planning on sending a courier there to get me a Portent Gundam and I can't find any mention of it on the Internet.

It's open everyday, usually from 1:30pm-6/7:00pm.

Skye629 2015-08-19 03:49

Dayum, these new SD's got some really nice stylish packaging

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pENoc9EzbL...U/s1600/14.jpg

Chibiloli 2015-08-19 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 5620472)
It's open everyday, usually from 1:30pm-6/7:00pm.

Mind giving me the complete address of the place?

Blue-kun 2015-08-19 18:11

Anyone here grabbed the HGCE Freedom Revive? Been looking for opinions on the kit. I feel like putting together some gunpla, and the reasonable thing right now in my mind would be to buy the HGUC Unicorn Destroy, as I already own the RG Freedom, but... yeah, it's been calling out to me and I'm more and more inclined to just get it, haha. It seems like it's pretty nice aside from the red sticker on the cannons, and should be more easily posable than the RG, where I really don't like to mess around with too much cause parts fall everywhere etc.

X207 2015-08-20 12:47

i have a question regarding models though its slightly off topic. i just finished watching Muv Luv Total Eclipse. the SU47E is a very cool design. i did a quick search on it and noticed theres 2 versions of it, a PVC kit which is likely already built and painted with a joint system different from Bandai's Gundams. apparently theres a plastic version of the SU47E with poly caps also. i wouldnt mind the plastic poly cap version if possible but id rather have a kit that can be built rather than being prebuilt model. for some reason i feel its a line where glue might be needed.

my questions are: whats the main difference between Muv Luv model lines plastic or PVC to Bandai's Gundams as far as construction of model design? are some kits out there to be built much like any Gundam kit out there? im guessing such Muv Luv kits are generally available where you can find Gundam kits or anime related stores.

on a Gundam related question. has the full saber kit for the Quanta been discontinued? i got it along with the magazine so i can add the extra weapons to my 144 Quanta.
i dont have an extra model kit that i can put it onto atm but i know it can match up to a few se2 gundam 00 kits, O gundam, Masakado, Harute among others.

Skye629 2015-08-20 16:13

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GFg1U9GEJ6...ntitled-13.jpg

Skye629 2015-08-20 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 5627268)
i have a question regarding models though its slightly off topic. i just finished watching Muv Luv Total Eclipse. the SU47E is a very cool design. i did a quick search on it and noticed theres 2 versions of it, a PVC kit which is likely already built and painted with a joint system different from Bandai's Gundams. apparently theres a plastic version of the SU47E with poly caps also. i wouldnt mind the plastic poly cap version if possible but id rather have a kit that can be built rather than being prebuilt model. for some reason i feel its a line where glue might be needed.

my questions are: whats the main difference between Muv Luv model lines plastic or PVC to Bandai's Gundams as far as construction of model design? are some kits out there to be built much like any Gundam kit out there? im guessing such Muv Luv kits are generally available where you can find Gundam kits or anime related stores.

on a Gundam related question. has the full saber kit for the Quanta been discontinued? i got it along with the magazine so i can add the extra weapons to my 144 Quanta.
i dont have an extra model kit that i can put it onto atm but i know it can match up to a few se2 gundam 00 kits, O gundam, Masakado, Harute among others.

Not sure about Muv Luv kits, are they made by Bandai? If so then they are probably pretty similar in plastic quality and design (how you put them together)

Discontinued, only way to get afaik is through places like ebay

Chibiloli 2015-08-20 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5627359)
Not sure about Muv Luv kits, are they made by Bandai? If so then they are probably pretty similar in plastic quality and design (how you put them together)

Discontinued, only way to get afaik is through places like ebay

The Model kits you can assemble are made by Kotobukiya, but be aware that Kotobukiya TSFs (like any other model kits) are unassembled and unpainted. You'll get something like this out of the box (w/o painting, but with waterslide decals for camo):
http://masterfileblog.jp/review/2013/06/05/3998.html

Here's a comparison to your regular HGUC to Yui's Takemi:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps324eb1d3.jpg

X207 2015-08-20 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5627359)
Not sure about Muv Luv kits, are they made by Bandai? If so then they are probably pretty similar in plastic quality and design (how you put them together)

Discontinued, only way to get afaik is through places like ebay

ty for the reply, i wasnt expecting too much difference in the quality between both brands.

cant say im surprised about it regarding the full saber kit though it be cool if they made aftermarket kits. i had a good idea that it would be a limited run to begin with. i was tempted to get a SD Quanta back then but they do require some attention to paint properly due to small plastic pieces. it would be cool if the SD Quanta kit had a small full saber kit though i dont think thats the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5627405)
The Model kits you can assemble are made by Kotobukiya, but be aware that Kotobukiya TSFs (like any other model kits) are unassembled and unpainted. You'll get something like this out of the box (w/o painting, but with waterslide decals for camo):
http://masterfileblog.jp/review/2013/06/05/3998.html

Here's a comparison to your regular HGUC to Yui's Takemi:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps324eb1d3.jpg

ty for the reply
lol, something tells me the GM will be entering the mechanics bay very soon due to a scuffle.

so the process of building a TSF is much like any other Gundam? if so, thats fine with me, i like the process of doing that. i also havent touched plastic cement in years so i have a bit of practice to use it. i have trouble (over applying) with smaller pieces ie axles for cars/landing gear. is Kotobukiya a snap on kit or more like the old school plastic cement gundams? i do have a 1/72 SU47 Berkut aircraft thats been on the backburner for atleast 7years, i can blame Gundam kits for that. i have 3 Gundams left to build and hopefully i wont buy too many extra after that. i hope to move it onto the the SU47 aircraft after those Gundams are done.

if possible the SU47E would be a very nice kit to get if i can find one so i can match it up to the aircraft.

Chibiloli 2015-08-20 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 5627499)
ty for the reply, i wasnt expecting too much difference in the quality between both brands.

cant say im surprised about it regarding the full saber kit though it be cool if they made aftermarket kits. i had a good idea that it would be a limited run to begin with. i was tempted to get a SD Quanta back then but they do require some attention to paint properly due to small plastic pieces. it would be cool if the SD Quanta kit had a small full saber kit though i dont think thats the case.



ty for the reply
lol, something tells me the GM will be entering the mechanics bay very soon due to a scuffle.

so the process of building a TSF is much like any other Gundam? if so, thats fine with me, i like the process of doing that. i also havent touched plastic cement in years so i have a bit of practice to use it. i have trouble (over applying) with smaller pieces ie axles for cars/landing gear. is Kotobukiya a snap on kit or more like the old school plastic cement gundams? i do have a 1/72 SU47 Berkut aircraft thats been on the backburner for atleast 7years, i can blame Gundam kits for that. i have 3 Gundams left to build and hopefully i wont buy too many extra after that. i hope to move it onto the the SU47 aircraft after those Gundams are done.

if possible the SU47E would be a very nice kit to get if i can find one so i can match it up to the aircraft.

It's a snap on fit, no need for plastic cement, be warned however, TSF Kit's are pricier than your average Gunpla

X207 2015-08-20 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5627507)
It's a snap on fit, no need for plastic cement, be warned however, TSF Kit's are pricier than your average Gunpla

ty for the reply, how much pricier are they on average? the most ive paid for a kit was in the $50 range for the 1/100 kits. i dont have the space or desire for PG, MG and slightly larger ones. i prefer to have multiple kits mostly 144, a few 100 and some SD Gundam.

im looking more at select models namely SU47E but i currently have 18 Gundam kits (3 are 1/100, 2 are SDs) the last 3 unbuilt kits are 144 scale. with the su47 aircraft i'll have nearly maxed out display area. the rest of the shelf space is taken to hold the boxes for the current kits.

wavehawk 2015-08-21 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5627405)
Here's a comparison to your regular HGUC to Yui's Takemi:

- :eyebrow: And it had to be my pic? Of all pics online, mine? ...am I the only guy on the internet that builds both Gunpla and Koto kits?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629
Not sure about Muv Luv kits, are they made by Bandai? If so then they are probably pretty similar in plastic quality and design (how you put them together)

- Kotobukiya. If you've ever built an HMM Zoids, Virtual On or Armored Core kit, Kotobukiya makes those. The 1/144 Muv Luv kits are less complex than the Zoids or Armored Core kits but are a little bit more part-heavy than most HGUC kits. The Koto 1/144 Muv-Luv kits use PS and ABS plastic for the frames and PE plastic for the polycap joints like Bandai's Gunpla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207
so the process of building a TSF is much like any other Gundam?

- Yes and no. Most HG kits (especially the G-Reco and AGE kits) are simple and you can possibly work out how to assemble a kit even without an instruction manual. You'll have to pay closer attention to the instructions on the Koto kits and be a lot more careful with cutting parts off the sprue as the fit tolerances are less forgiving.

Quote:

how much pricier are they on average?
- Depends where you get them, but remember two things: Kotobukiya doesn't have the economies of scale that Bandai has (won't discuss that here, Google it). Bandai being bigger and having a much larger market share than Koto means that they can sell an HG 1/144 kit for as low as 800 Yen. Granted, these are simple HG kits that don't have as many parts as a 1/144 TSF, so a better comparison (box and size wise) would be an HGUC Char's Counterattack or Unicorn kit: 1530-2380 yen

By comparison, a 1/144 TSF can cost between 2800-3400 yen. Which is why most guys I know prefer to get the bigger nonscale TSFs (just 1000 yen more). Also, Koto's ML kits have a very limited run.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-21 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5627817)
- :eyebrow: And it had to be my pic? Of all pic,s mine?

...am I the only guy on the internet that builds both Gunpla and Koto kits?

I don't know about the internet, but here in my neighborhood, it's hard to find a modeler of Kotobukiya's Muv-Luv kits. Most of the builders who I asked about it don't like the quality and price of the Muv-Luv K-kits. You'll have better luck finding those who build Zoids & Digimon plamo than Takemikazuchi and co.

Chibiloli 2015-08-21 07:56

@wavehawk, it was the only pic I can find on such short notice, Google isn't very helpful in giving me any pics of a TSF and MS together.

Due to my sense of Nostalgia, I am looking for two particular kits and I'm wondering if they still make them, a 1/144 Tallgeese and Zaku Gunner Lunamaria custom.

wavehawk 2015-08-21 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5627827)
I don't know about the internet, but here in my neighborhood, it's hard to find a modeler of Kotobukiya's Muv-Luv kits. Most of the builders who I asked about it don't like the quality and price of the Muv-Luv K-kits. You'll have better luck finding those who build Zoids & Digimon plamo than Takemikazuchi and co.

- Part of the issue is the design of TSFs themselves. Gunpla usually tend to be easy to put together and mod because of their blocky build. Most people who buy the TSF kits are those who actually like the designs to begin with (like myself). Since they're a bit more on the curvy and stylized side TSFs are a little harder to translate into kit form.

Also note: Koto's been putting out the nonscale TSFs for awhile but only put out 1/144 versions when Total Eclipse started showing. I haven't built any of the nonscales but friends tell me that they're a lot better thought out than the 1/144 versions. We'll see--I'm tempted to buy an unbuilt nonscale Takemi Type 00R from someone in Brisbane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5627862)
Due to my sense of Nostalgia, I am looking for two particular kits and I'm wondering if they still make them, a 1/144 Tallgeese and Zaku Gunner Lunamaria custom.

- I think Bandai rereleased the old 1/144 Tallgeese III sometime back around the same time when the RG Wing Zero came out, so you might be able to pick one up.

Lunamaria Zaku, doubtful. I can't find any Seed Destiny kits save for some pleaces with really old stock.

X207 2015-08-21 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5627817)
- :eyebrow: And it had to be my pic? Of all pics online, mine? ...am I the only guy on the internet that builds both Gunpla and Koto kits?

- Kotobukiya. If you've ever built an HMM Zoids, Virtual On or Armored Core kit, Kotobukiya makes those. The 1/144 Muv Luv kits are less complex than the Zoids or Armored Core kits but are a little bit more part-heavy than most HGUC kits. The Koto 1/144 Muv-Luv kits use PS and ABS plastic for the frames and PE plastic for the polycap joints like Bandai's Gunpla.

- Yes and no. Most HG kits (especially the G-Reco and AGE kits) are simple and you can possibly work out how to assemble a kit even without an instruction manual. You'll have to pay closer attention to the instructions on the Koto kits and be a lot more careful with cutting parts off the sprue as the fit tolerances are less forgiving.

- Depends where you get them, but remember two things: Kotobukiya doesn't have the economies of scale that Bandai has (won't discuss that here, Google it). Bandai being bigger and having a much larger market share than Koto means that they can sell an HG 1/144 kit for as low as 800 Yen. Granted, these are simple HG kits that don't have as many parts as a 1/144 TSF, so a better comparison (box and size wise) would be an HGUC Char's Counterattack or Unicorn kit: 1530-2380 yen

By comparison, a 1/144 TSF can cost between 2800-3400 yen. Which is why most guys I know prefer to get the bigger nonscale TSFs (just 1000 yen more). Also, Koto's ML kits have a very limited run.


ty for the reply

im not too worried by how much part heavier they may be. i never got any grade higher than HG and PG MG RG are a bit daunting to me for the extra details. i dont mind my Nebula Blitz had a pretty good amount of pieces for me to deal with as the variant armor and stock pieces were included. those pieces were likely larger than 144 scale but im not bothered with that. i dont mind basic subframes ie 144 Quanta with average mobility.

i do have some small flat surface cutting pliers for the kits long ago. im guessing the pieces are closer together on the trays than Bandai.

so there's around $10-15 difference in general between both brands in the 144 scale. thats not too excessive for me. i can only hope i can find one for a good price though i havent really kept my eyes out on other brands than Bandai in the past. i did do a quick scan/pass over of non Gundam kits for the most part in the past. i'll see if some have lingered around in the shops since their release 144 or nonscale. some internet prices are up there and some are decent from what i understand from price ranges.

i believe the non scale Berkut has some issues holding attachments on, though ive yet to find a 144 review on it.

thank you all here for giving me info regarding the Kotobukiya kits and hope i didnt stray too far from the main thread topic.

i do have a 1/100 Lunamaria Gunner zaku from +10??? years ago, think it might've been old stock and her SD gunner but no 144 scale kit gunner. i actually like that kit quite a bit my self. the 100 scale gun is surprisingly long for the gunner zaku.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.