AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Faux Mecha 2016-07-14 10:43

now i think giving ball jointed shoulders for HG IBO kits was a bad idea considering how massive the weapons the suits from that series that the shoulders cannot support the weight of the weapons well, resulting in 'droopy shoulders' syndrome where the polycap sockets becoming loose as a result, i know the ball joints was to give them a more dynamic pose especially when they use melee weapons like swords but i think the old peg & socket shoulders system lasts longer for such heavy duty task, the kits who wield lighter equipment is just fine with the ball jointed shoulders though, then there's Origin's line with their godly sniper rifles.........

kaizerknight01 2016-07-15 13:40

LOL the so called Space and desert equipment ... more like not enough OVERKILL

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2016-07-15 18:59

That is some hardcore kit building right there.

Rising Dragon 2016-07-15 19:02

Desert combat? Right. Can you imagine cleaning all of the sand out of that much gear? Engineers would bitch for weeks.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2016-07-15 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5898948)
Desert combat? Right. Can you imagine cleaning all of the sand out of that much gear? Engineers would bitch for weeks.

I admit, I do like it when kit builders go the extra mile and add joint coverings on the arms and legs. Gives the design a more rugged "realistic" feel.

xeviouses 2016-07-15 21:29

All that gear for fighting in the dessert would only be a hindrance, plus the maintenance dudes would be crying for a long while.

kaizerknight01 2016-07-15 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5899014)
All that gear for fighting in the dessert would only be a hindrance, plus the maintenance dudes would be crying for a long while.

no worry for it runs Plavsky particle magic :heh::heh::heh:

Router25 2016-07-16 06:56

And then there's those simple kitbashers like me.

Spoiler for semi-related topic:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2016-07-17 19:34

This one looks quite nice.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2016/0...orm-6.html?m=1

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-07-18 20:10

I know this is old news but I can’t help salivating over the Hi-Res Barbatos 6th Form. If we get the RG of it, I hope it will look like that or closer at least. Btw, the T-Rex wrench looks epic as hell!
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) If it’s not as expensive as it is, I would’ve snatched it already but: Hi-Res + P-Bandai = INSANE PRICE!!

GN0010 Nosferatu 2016-07-19 10:16

Here's an interview with a Bluefin executive, talking about all things kits and popularity in the US. Sounds like good news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...m-guru/.104264

xeviouses 2016-07-19 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5901290)
I know this is old news but I can’t help salivating over the Hi-Res Barbatos 6th Form. If we get the RG of it, I hope it will look like that or closer at least. Btw, the T-Rex wrench looks epic as hell!
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) If it’s not as expensive as it is, I would’ve snatched it already but: Hi-Res + P-Bandai = INSANE PRICE!!

Don't forget the Hi-res Grimgerde. Alas, money is fleeting everything that is good must be expensive

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-07-19 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5902030)
Don't forget the Hi-res Grimgerde.

You just had to remind me of that :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5902030)
Alas, money is fleeting everything that is good must be expensive

Yeah, but tbh, it’s not like I don’t have the amount of money needed to buy that Exclusive Hi-Res in my spare pocket. It’s just that I don’t think it’s worth that highly marked-up price. And this comes from me who have bought quite a number of Exclusive kits and a couple of Exclusive Metal Builds. The thing is, if Hi-Res Barbatos 6 is a Metal Build, I would’ve bought it in a heartbeat. But the fact that it’s a model kit with less prime materials and still require you to cut it out from the sprues that will resulted in some nub-marks and other imperfections (with that price) kind turned me off.

To begin with, I think Bandai is already overcharging with the regular Hi-Res Barbatos. And now Hi-Res Barbatos 6 being P-Exclusive really doesn't help matters. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to get it out of my system :p.

xeviouses 2016-07-20 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5902074)
Yeah, but tbh, it’s not like I don’t have the amount of money needed to buy that Exclusive Hi-Res in my spare pocket. It’s just that I don’t think it’s worth that highly marked-up price. And this comes from me who have bought quite a number of Exclusive kits and a couple of Exclusive Metal Builds. The thing is, if Hi-Res Barbatos 6 is a Metal Build, I would’ve bought it in a heartbeat. But the fact that it’s a model kit with less prime materials and still require you to cut it out from the sprues that will resulted in some nub-marks and other imperfections (with that price) kind turned me off.

To begin with, I think Bandai is already overcharging with the regular Hi-Res Barbatos. And now Hi-Res Barbatos 6 being P-Exclusive really doesn't help matters. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to get it out of my system :p.

No prob, I have the same opinion on the whole thing actually.

Speaking of metal builds, I wonder if Gusion will get one, IT is a Gundam afterall.

Skye629 2016-07-21 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5902432)
No prob, I have the same opinion on the whole thing actually.

Speaking of metal builds, I wonder if Gusion will get one, IT is a Gundam afterall.

Did you mean Hi-Res?

Because I can safely bet the Gusion will never get a Metal Build

xeviouses 2016-07-22 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5903511)
Did you mean Hi-Res?

Because I can safely bet the Gusion will never get a Metal Build

I know, it was an extremely hopeful wish that will never happen.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-09 20:17

I'd like some opinions on these kits, since I'm trying to decide what to buy, and these were the ones that caught my interest:

MG Aegis
MG Exia Dark Matter
MG Freedom 2.0

RG 00 Qan[T]
RG Exia
RG Justice
RG Sinanju

Also, can anyone recommend a good pair of nippers for me to use?

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus 2016-08-09 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5918419)
I'd like some opinions on these kits, since I'm trying to decide what to buy, and these were the ones that caught my interest:

MG Aegis
MG Exia Dark Matter
MG Freedom 2.0

RG 00 Qan[T]
RG Exia
RG Justice
RG Sinanju

On your MG suggestions, I'll pick the MG Freedom 2.0. Being a transformable kit, Aegis has a bit of stability issues, and Exia Dark Matter is a remold of the MG Exia, which has its share of problems like its loose ankles.

I can't really help with the RG line, because I don't have any experience with those.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-09 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus (Post 5918447)
Being a transformable kit, Aegis has a bit of stability issues, and Exia Dark Matter is a remold of the MG Exia, which has its share of problems like its loose ankles.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks.

So did anybody else catch this?

Source.

Chibiloli 2016-08-09 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5918419)

MG Aegis
MG Exia Dark Matter
MG Freedom 2.0

RG 00 Qan[T]
RG Exia
RG Justice
RG Sinanju

For nippers, you can just check a hardware store, I got my first real nippers there, got dedicated plastic nippers and a modeling tool set at the toy kingdom at megamall, so unless toystores there sell modeling goods as well, you might want to check hardware or hobby stores.