AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

DarkWarrior 2012-02-02 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3981834)
.
.
.
I ended up getting the 1/100 Avalanche Exia from GG Infinite. =) The guy is cool and I don't mind supporting him and his company. =P I suggest you guys do the same if you live in Canada or the US.

GG Infinite doesn't carry the 1/100 Avalanche Exia.. cool story bro.

suiton629 2012-02-02 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3981922)
GG Infinite doesn't carry the 1/100 Avalanche Exia.. cool story bro.

Not on his online store. =) I talk with him online a lot...Gundam Guy directly. =) I won't give away his info. When I get it, I'll show you the invoice here...:p And then you'll be full of epic failz.

DarkWarrior 2012-02-02 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3981961)
Not on his online store. =) I talk with him online a lot...Gundam Guy directly. =) I won't give away his info. When I get it, I'll show you the invoice here...:p And then you'll be full of epic failz.

Oh ok, you made a special order for a product he doesn't normally carry because you know the guy. That's cool, I believe you. :rolleyes:

Anyways, better picture of the boxart of MG Age-1. Looks nice, but it has the same pose as the MG Duel also coming out this month.. hah. :heh:

http://i.imgur.com/KiBSF.jpg

RX93-2 2012-02-02 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3981993)
Anyways, better picture of the boxart of MG Age-1. Looks nice, but it has the same pose as the MG Duel also coming out this month.. hah. :heh:

It has the standard "pose with gun" pose.
There is also "Pose with long sword/launcher" pose

HasuMasu 2012-02-02 04:47

It's not as good as the HG boxes, this does not compute.

casval cehack 2012-02-02 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3981993)
Oh ok, you made a special order for a product he doesn't normally carry because you know the guy. That's cool, I believe you. :rolleyes:

Anyways, better picture of the boxart of MG Age-1. Looks nice, but it has the same pose as the MG Duel also coming out this month.. hah. :heh:

http://i.imgur.com/KiBSF.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4416/mgagep1.jpg

IMO, the earlier/candidate boxart for MG Age-1 that was shown in Gunpla Expo World 2011 had a better pose.

HasuMasu 2012-02-02 06:49

Wow, that's much better--I vastly prefer that one.

I dunno, I have this thing with boxes. :uhoh::heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-02 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3982319)
I dunno, I have this thing with boxes. :uhoh::heh:

Me too :D.

In fact, the only thing I like about AGE HG line is mostly the box-arts.

casval cehack 2012-02-02 08:09

Do you store the gunpla boxes in pristine condition or flat-packed? They do take a lot of space; I usually save the actual boxart only (cutting the top of the box) and discards the rest.

Maybe Bandai is saving the sword-striking pose for the MG Age-1s Spallow.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-02 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3982421)
Do you store the gunpla boxes in pristine condition or flat-packed? They do take a lot of space; I usually save the actual boxart only (cutting the top of the box) and discards the rest.

You might never heard about this, but I used my Gunpla boxes to store my other things such as magazines, tools, pens & markers, mangas, etc. It really saves me some shelves, actually.The contains (especially mangas & magazines) also help the boxes to be solid and not easy to be crushed/broken by other things. Also, I covered those boxes with plastics (my favorites only). Still, Iím not too fanatics about my boxes. Iím fine when they got some little dents, scratches, etc. As long as it doesnít ruin the front cover. ;)

Chiu_fan 2012-02-02 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3982319)
Wow, that's much better--I vastly prefer that one.

I dunno, I have this thing with boxes. :uhoh::heh:

Well you are called Box-kun aren't you?:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3982453)
You might never heard about this, but I used my Gunpla boxes to store my other things such as magazines, tools, pens & markers, mangas, etc. It really saves me some shelves, actually.The contains (especially mangas & magazines) also help the boxes to be solid and not easy to be crushed/broken by other things. Also, I covered those boxes with plastics (my favorites only). Still, Iím not too fanatics about my boxes. Iím fine when they got some little dents, scratches, etc. As long as it doesnít ruin the front cover. ;)

I do that as well though only to boxes of 1/100 and some large 1/144 kits only, the rest I cut the covers and store them in the preserved boxes along with manuals.

Also, I just came from the first day of my local IPMS convention, this year has a lot more Gundam kits entered than last year's. I'll post the pics later after I finish uploading them to photobucket.

maknaedik 2012-02-02 09:19

I'm already having problems where to store my boxes. Specially like tomorrow, I'm gonna buy a GEM 1/8 Lelouch which its box is HUMUNGOUS! I wish that the travel bags of my mom gets another place.

About MG Age-1 Normal's box, I actually like it. It has a 'darker' tone unlike when it's in the anime. While the pose was recycled like many times, that doesn't make the boxart, for me, less awesome.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-02 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3982471)
Also, I just came from the first day of my local IPMS convention, this year has a lot more Gundam kits entered than last year's. I'll post the pics later after I finish uploading them to photobucket.

You might wanna try Imgur instead. Photobucket has been pretty sucky recently.

And, yeah, can't wait for your pics. ;)

casval cehack 2012-02-02 09:41

Gunpla boxes can store non-gunpla things? Ok, I'm trying that (with RG boxes).:D

Chiu_fan 2012-02-02 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3982524)
You might wanna try Imgur instead. Photobucket has been pretty sucky recently.

And, yeah, can't wait for your pics. ;)

I'll try it some other time . I don't have any problems using photobucket anyway.


And the uploading process has finished. Here are the pics:
Spoiler for IPMS 2012 Gunpla:

MakubeX2 2012-02-02 10:19

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7683/1328183951409.jpg

Under the higher resolution, we can clearly see Forbidden in the lower right corner and Duel ditching the Assault Shroud components in the background. If only Bandai had the wisdom to switch the background and foreground around and we'll have ourselves a really unique Boxart instead of such a generic one.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-02 10:48

@MakubeX2: Well, you can’t really blame them. It’s Duel’s signature pose afterall. Not that I disagree with your idea. ;)

@Chiu fan: Wow, nice pics. Ok, here’s the list of my reaction:
The Delta Plus looks cute.
What’s that Zock’s customization supposed to be?
That battlescarred Zeta looks nice.
HG AGE looks a lot better and refreshing in that blue.
Wow, at the red Heavyarms.
That yellow-customized 1/100 Wing Zero is...unique, but why the wings are still white?
Those dioramas are sweet. My favorite is the Sinanju one.

The others are decent too.

Chiu_fan 2012-02-02 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3982645)
Whatís that Zockís customization supposed to be?

IIRC, the guy who builr it said that he was just randomly kit-bashing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3982645)
That yellow-customized 1/100 Wing Zero is...unique, but why the wings are still white?

I heard that it was based-off of an LoL character. I don't play the game so I don't know which character.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3982645)
Those dioramas are sweet. My favorite is the Sinanju one.

My favorite as well.

From what I've been told, there are still entries that haven't arrived yet.

Skane 2012-02-02 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3982695)
~~ I heard that it was based-off of an LoL character. I don't play the game so I don't know which character. ~~

Kayle. You can see her splash-art on the base-stand of that Gundam.

Cheers.

HasuMasu 2012-02-03 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3982471)
Well you are called Box-kun aren't you?:heh:



I'm surprised you know about that. :heh:


On another note, I agree with what Makube said about Duel's box-art--such a shame.

duotiga 2012-02-03 09:20

finally my wing set is complete


bought this to try the add on also

suiton629 2012-02-03 21:54

Oh a new 00 series fan? o_O

suiton629 2012-02-03 21:55

MG 1/100 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee (Release Date: Mar. 2012, Price: 5500 yen)


Upcoming MG 1/100 Gundam SEED Gunpla Line Arts: Aegis, Blitz & Buster

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-03 23:14

I believe the pics of the final color of the MG Banshee has already out.

I gotta say that the proportion between the weapons and the arms look a lot better than that customized MG Unicorn pages ago.

Edit: Is it just me, or the Canon on its arm looks bent inward?

duotiga 2012-02-03 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3985524)
Oh a new 00 series fan? o_O

Always a fan but not too much of an extent to just 1 series ONLY

Just say I'm a fan of 00 raiser, 00 Qan[t] which I have multiple hg sets of its kind

But the most multiple sets I have wld be RX-0 unicorn

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-03 23:30

@duotiga:
It’s nice that you bought the add-on right from the start. That’ll make the Qan[t] not heavy on one shoulder. Oh yeah, is it true that the pegs on the GN Sword IV are thin and can break easily? Awaiting your photos of the finished Full Saber ^_^.

duotiga 2012-02-03 23:43

I have mg 00 Qan[t] done already n this is my 2nd set
& yea the sword bit pegs are brittle which I have already broke 1 of it while trying to do the buster rifle mode

pumpkins 2012-02-04 01:26

i saw some pictures of the add-on and it looks really good... really a shame bandai didn't make one. :(

duotiga 2012-02-04 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3985806)
i saw some pictures of the add-on and it looks really good... really a shame bandai didn't make one. :(

yea it is nice & hopefully will kinda solve the balance issue

with decal look like this

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o.../MG_00QFS0.jpg

casval cehack 2012-02-04 03:20

Does the Full Saber pack you've bought contain the "ring" with 6 extra GN sword bits?

duotiga 2012-02-04 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3985922)
Does the Full Saber pack you've bought contain the "ring" with 6 extra GN sword bits?

yes it does

darkstrife 2012-02-04 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3985938)
yes it does

where did u get the add on pack from?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-04 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 3985980)
where did u get the add on pack from?

You may want to check online-hobbyshops in your country first. Then, if the price donít suit you, you can go to sites like HLJ, Amazon, Hobbysearch, etc. Itís not a rare item. Here in my country, thereís a lot of those GN Sword IVs sold on local online-stores with price range from $ 20 - $30. All I have to do is just pick one.

duotiga 2012-02-04 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 3985980)
where did u get the add on pack from?

In Singapore a shop call hobby art gallery
Alternatively I saw a few in eBay

HasuMasu 2012-02-04 07:13

Full-sabre is win, thanks for sharing.

Appel 2012-02-04 08:21

i saw that pack on ebay a week ago or so, too^^ prime92 on youtube already got it and reviewed it, it seems to be pretty rad!

HasuMasu 2012-02-04 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3986287)
i saw that pack on ebay a week ago or so, too^^ prime92 on youtube already got it and reviewed it, it seems to be pretty rad!

Yeah she did, though she mentioned that the ring attachment is really awkward in usage.

Despite that, the Full-sabre just looks too cool.

Appel 2012-02-04 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3986298)
Yeah she did, though she mentioned that the ring attachment is really awkward in usage.

Despite that, the Full-sabre just looks too cool.

yup, it isnt without its flaws, thats for sure^^ but i guess thats to be expected when you buy an addon that isnt made by bandai!

duotiga 2012-02-04 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3986318)
yup, it isnt without its flaws, thats for sure^^ but i guess thats to be expected when you buy an addon that isnt made by bandai!

i saw another sword bits add on ring which look similar to RD ver in Ebay for MG 00 Qan[t]

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-02-04 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3986298)
Yeah she did, though she mentioned that the ring attachment is really awkward in usage.

Are you sure Prime92 isn't a he?:confused:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.