AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Lucky Star (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Lucky Star - Episode 03 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46312)

Nemo_N 2007-04-22 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 915384)
Once again though a theme song is overshadowing the actual episode which is what this topic is here to discuss. I'd ask if this could possibly be moved to the music discussion forum and discussion pertaining to music might be discussed there exclusively if possible. What do the moderators say?

Oops. Once again, you're right.

Vexx 2007-04-22 13:12

Aye.. Kona has done her 3 songs now...its likely we'll hear each of the characters do a few songs in various off/on keys.

Makes me wonder what the others like to hear (I suspect Miyuki will do more anime songs since she liked what Kona was singing .... Kagami is a big question mark as is her sister).

I just realized the construction of Kagami's eyes remind me of the way Azumanga's Sakaki's eyes are drawn. Not a cultural reference... just an eye structure similarity. Its probably why I keep glancing at her rather than just obsessing on Kona :)

This is one case where the "ED" is really part of the show.... so it may continue to be appropriate to at least discuss it in that context :)

Nemo_N 2007-04-22 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 915436)
...I just realized the construction of Kagami's eyes remind me of the way Azumanga's Sakaki's eyes are drawn. ...

Kagami's eyes do add to her "I'm smart" look, which made seeing her in kawaii mode much more disturbing :heh: .

Once again, heavy dialogue, which means I'll just rewatch it for the cute imagery (until subs come out)

Mmh... If they show more flustered Kagami images, I'm afraid I'll have to jump from the Konata wagon to Skane's Kagami Fan Wagon :p .

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-22 13:56

Quote:

Aye.. Kona has done her 3 songs now...its likely we'll hear each of the characters do a few songs in various off/on keys.

Makes me wonder what the others like to hear (I suspect Miyuki will do more anime songs since she liked what Kona was singing .... Kagami is a big question mark as is her sister).

I just realized the construction of Kagami's eyes remind me of the way Azumanga's Sakaki's eyes are drawn. Not a cultural reference... just an eye structure similarity. Its probably why I keep glancing at her rather than just obsessing on Kona :)

This is one case where the "ED" is really part of the show.... so it may continue to be appropriate to at least discuss it in that context :)

I would guess Miyuki would give us a bunch of kids show renditions. Something along the lines of Candy Candy or Doraemon. Kagami is an unknown. I had never thought that maybe each of the characters will get a turn, but now it seems obvious to me.

Deathkillz 2007-04-22 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo_N (Post 915457)
Kagami's eyes do add to her "I'm smart" look, which made seeing her in kawaii mode much more disturbing :heh: .

Once again, heavy dialogue, which means I'll just rewatch it for the cute imagery (until subs come out)

Mmh... If they show more flustered Kagami images, I'm afraid I'll have to jump from the Konata wagon to Skane's Kagami Fan Wagon :p .

ill just stick both of the wagons together with super glue if need be :p but i do think that kagami has this Ojo thing going on (just look at the way she walks in the OP :D)
Quote:

tsukasa would probably follow the crowd while kagami would be forced to sing what kona picks for her :heh:

krln99 2007-04-22 13:59

What was surprising is that Kona gave advice on how to send cards and how to do girl's stuff like do hair in a ponytail. You'd think she wouldn't be into that. I think it surprised Kagami, too, given the look of shock on her face.

NaweG 2007-04-22 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo_N (Post 915370)
I know, rather unnecessary, but I love this OP:

For those of us not as much in the know... what series is this the OP to?

Mirrinus 2007-04-22 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaweG (Post 915529)
For those of us not as much in the know... what series is this the OP to?

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. The very first full animated TV series credited to Kyoto Animation, I believe. Good humor series, lol.

Mueti 2007-04-22 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHDpro (Post 915321)
In the first five minutes of the FMP TSR OVA for example, we get to see Tessa in underwear and under the shower (and they show about as much as they can without turning FMP into soft-hentai or something)... so KyoAni is definitely not shy of fan service.

Whoo, never heard of that, I'm gonna check this OVA out for sure. :D

As for Lucky Star, the second episode was kinda tough on me without subtitles, I didn't quite get everything, so this time I'll go for the first subbed version instead of the raw.
In general I'm just not otaku enough for a lot of the references though, but oh well... :heh:

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-22 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrinus (Post 915530)
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. The very first full animated TV series credited to Kyoto Animation, I believe. Good humor series, lol.

Partially credited actually. Let's not forget Gonzo's involvement along with Sunrise and....er Master of Entertaiment (actually let's forget that one). Yes even FMP Fummofu and Second Raid still had Gonzo staff in writing and directing postions, although not chief director. The first true series that can be fully credited to Kyoto Animation is Air.

kj1980 2007-04-22 16:49

Am I the only one who recognized Konata's reference to "Wedding Peach" when they were talking about wedding dresses ("Yumega Ippai, Furil ippai~," Angel Salvia, Angel Daisy) wwww

WanderingKnight 2007-04-22 17:12

Hahaha, full of pwning punchlines by Kona-chan, and an amazing Hirano to boost. I can't wait till subs are out to see how much I've lost.

dahl_moon 2007-04-22 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980 (Post 915676)
Am I the only one who recognized Konata's reference to "Wedding Peach" when they were talking about wedding dresses ("Yumega Ippai, Furil ippai~," Angel Salvia, Angel Daisy) wwww

OMG, OMG! I cannot believe I missed that! That was one of my favorite shows, too (yeah, I'm a guy, and I love "Wedding Peach, " so sue me:heh:)

Anyway, heavy on the dialog side, so I'll have to post my thoughts until after the subs come out. Of what I did understand was:
Spoiler:

Edit: Hm... never seen FMP; didn't me leave a good first impression and I dropped it. Wonder if that was a bad idea.... As Nemo_N says, I can't stop from looping it :heh:

dkellis 2007-04-22 22:53

As expected, humour really is better when one knows all the injokes. The previous two episodes were pretty amusing for me, but this one was hilarious. When the PPD reference appeared, I just about fell out of my chair laughing. I'd imagine that if it were some other anime that I haven't seen, the humour there would have been tepid at best.

Similarly, I was kind of ambivalent about the previous two "ending songs", but when I heard the opening chords to this one, I had this big stupid grin on my face.

Lots of dialogue here, as usual. I'll wait for the subs to really understand it, but the references I did get were well worth the price of admission.

Skane 2007-04-23 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Woland] (Post 915338)

It is only to my regret that none of them said the following,

"PONY." :heh:

Already made two new Kagami avatars (three actually, but I decided to reject the first one due to lack of quality), with more on the way. :D

Cheers.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-23 03:16

Does anyone think the quiz game I hear about from this episode might have anything to do with advertising this. I think the premise is you square of against one of the characters in a quiz/puzzle duel answering impossible questions with answers like these.

MakubeX2 2007-04-23 07:16

Amazing.

The Ponytail Association Of Japan do exist.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...83%BC%E3%83%AB

And 7th of July is really Ponytail Day in Japan.

Level E 2007-04-23 09:56

Flora or Bianca. Flora or Bianca.
:sad:

I couldn't help laughing as soon as I heard Konata making that referrence.
Even more so, when Kagami knew the game it was from. :LOL:

Anh_Minh 2007-04-24 05:39

I agree that Kagami kinda looked like a warrior, but I also think she's the one that looked best with a ponytail.

After that talk of "love", I wonder how she'd get along with Papillon? (Busou Renkin).

Jazzrat 2007-04-24 07:42

I like how they turn useful knowledge into humor like posting to get into lucky draws, twins, june wedding and etc.

This is a Konata and Kagami episode, the two of em really made the humor works for me, more so than Miyuki or Tsukasa.