AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fan Creations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My Japanese Cartoon drawings (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117941)

winhlp32 2013-02-17 04:58

My Japanese Cartoon drawings

Good morning. I draw drawings that resembles late-night cartoons from Japan as a hobby.

Tablet used: Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch 2nd Gen
Software used: PaintTool SAI and Photoshop CS

I don't do requests, commissions, collabs, art trades etc. I prefer to draw whatever I want (meaning it's unlikely you'll find many men in my drawings). Thank you for understanding.

I started drawing in the beginning of 2012. Here are my some of my latest drawings:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
If you guys could take a quick look I would be very pleased. Thanks for reading.

---------------------------------------------------------
Updates:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Kudryavka 2013-02-20 02:18

You got this good in just a year of drawing??

Everything looks really nice though, especially the colors.

Kyuu 2013-02-20 03:29

I envy you for being able to draw your own waifus. :heh:

Tougarashi 2013-02-20 04:22

Isshiki Akane's picture is amazing. I like how you draw her shoes.

winhlp32 2013-02-20 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudryavka (Post 4561393)
You got this good in just a year of drawing??

Everything looks really nice though, especially the colors.

Thanks for the complement, I have to put extra hours into getting the colors somewhat right. The thing is I can only draw girls and not much else. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu (Post 4561429)
I envy you for being able to draw your own waifus. :heh:

Truly a power of the gods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tougarashi (Post 4561456)
Isshiki Akane's picture is amazing. I like how you draw her shoes.

Thank you! Hopefully I can draw more shoes in the future.

kaizerknight01 2013-02-21 00:26

pretty good drawing ....

Magin 2013-02-21 01:51

Well done, very well done. Personally, I like the Meido. The only criticism I have is that something seems just slightly off with the Monogatari one

Seitsuki 2013-02-22 14:33

Your colouring is absolutely amazing. So damn jelly. In fact, I'd say the only things you have left to work on is your lineart-- proportions (hands especially), hair, etc.

Keep it up! Looking forwards to seeing more from you~

winhlp32 2013-02-22 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 (Post 4562539)
pretty good drawing ....

Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magin (Post 4562609)
Well done, very well done. Personally, I like the Meido. The only criticism I have is that something seems just slightly off with the Monogatari one

The Monogatari one definitely could be better. For some reason I found the anime's character design difficult to adapt to my drawing style.

Glad you like the maid one. The frilly stuff was taxing to draw. Thanks for commenting! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4564824)
Your colouring is absolutely amazing. So damn jelly. In fact, I'd say the only things you have left to work on is your lineart-- proportions (hands especially), hair, etc.

Keep it up! Looking forwards to seeing more from you~

Thanks, I'm definitely using coloring to cover for my inadequate linearting. I'm working having hair more natural and flowy, while hands...is probably one of those things where I have to look at more pictures of hands, draw more and hope it looks better over time.

I definitely want to draw more dynamic poses this year, so I'll be working on those proportions. I appreciate your advices, and thanks for dropping by!

NoemiChan 2013-02-23 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 4557413)
So it's been about a year since I've started getting into the whole drawing thing and I'd like to share some of my latest stuff:

If you guys could take a quick look I would be very pleased. Thanks for reading.

If only I had a good computer and drawing pad....

Superb coloring techniques... a little more in making the characters prettier then you'll be unreachable....;)

winhlp32 2013-02-28 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4565597)
If only I had a good computer and drawing pad....

Superb coloring techniques... a little more in making the characters prettier then you'll be unreachable....;)

Sorry for the late reply. For drawing pads, Wacom Bamboo tablets that Kudryavka recommended in your thread is more than enough for drawing standard cute Japanese Cartoons. So good luck trying to save some money. :)

And thanks for the complement. I don't know about "unreachable", but I'll definitely try to get better from here on out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, here's a minor update of what I've been working on for in the last few days:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
It's not finished, and unfortunately I plan to leave it as it is. Working on this made me realized (how many times is it now?) that I still have ways to go, so I'm going off mountain-training again from tomorrow onwards.

winhlp32 2013-03-24 08:15

Maki and Rin.

http://i.imgur.com/nteLMaEl.jpg

Kimidori 2013-03-24 09:56

like other have said, Superb coloring, you got the face shape and anatomy near perfect as well. though I think you need works on the hand.

...could you teach me how to color eyes and hair like you? a video would help a lots :nod:

winhlp32 2013-03-25 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimidori (Post 4603761)
like other have said, Superb coloring, you got the face shape and anatomy near perfect as well. though I think you need works on the hand.

...could you teach me how to color eyes and hair like you? a video would help a lots :nod:

Thanks for your complements. Unfortunately I have neither the hardware nor software needed to make videos, and I don't have time to write tutorials right now (college, exams, assignments). But I will tell you this:

I saw your thread, and my comment to you is: if you want to take your anime coloring to the next level, you need shadows. Hard shadows adds depth to a shape in a way that soft gradients cannot. In my drawings, the skin, the hair, the clothes, even the eye all have shadows.

Do you have a drawing tablet? If you don't have one, you are going to need to find a way (e.g. by vectoring in Photoshop) to make, for example, these kind of shapes:
http://i.imgur.com/cAT2GC4.jpg

Then look at anime drawings you like to see how they shadow their hair, color their eyes and try to copy them. Learn where there should be shadows and where there shouldn't be. Break their drawings up into layers. Imagine how the layers would look on Photoshop/GIMP/etc. A standard drawing for hair is usually broken up like this:

Highlights (the glowy lines on hair)
The shadows of the hair (Darker than the hair itself)
The hair itself (e.g. yellow, red, blue)

Same for the eyes. Look at lots of anime pictures. Find out where it's bright and where it's dark. Find out where it glow and where it doesn't. Find out where it's acceptable to glow and where it isn't.

Then practice, hopefully with a tablet. This takes time and perseverance.

If you don't have a tablet, I highly recommend one. It takes quite a while too to get used to one. Good luck to you. So sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Triple_R 2013-04-17 11:57

Your artwork is truly fantastic.

Your Akane Isshiki is almost perfect!

If you like Madoka Magica and/or VNs, please get in contact with me, as I have some ideas I'd like to discuss with you. If you don't mind, of course.

winhlp32 2013-04-18 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 4640740)
Your artwork is truly fantastic.

Your Akane Isshiki is almost perfect!

If you like Madoka Magica and/or VNs, please get in contact with me, as I have some ideas I'd like to discuss with you. If you don't mind, of course.

Thank you for your kind words. Regarding the Madoka Magica VN, I have sent you a PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Time for an update (click for larger image):

http://i.imgur.com/moq6OGTl.jpg

Ryonea 2013-04-18 09:10

I just realized that you have a thread here... About time :D

Can't say anything other than you've improved vastly. :) The color of the girl above is already pixiv quality IMO.
I'd love to see more of your works, so keep it up! :)

Assort Dis 2013-04-18 10:33

I-I didn't know you have a thread here even though you have given me advice, I'm sorry :(

Your shadow is really good. I hope you don't mind if I take your arts for reference now :heh:

winhlp32 2013-04-19 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryonea (Post 4641891)
I just realized that you have a thread here... About time :D

Can't say anything other than you've improved vastly. :) The color of the girl above is already pixiv quality IMO.
I'd love to see more of your works, so keep it up! :)

I'm glad you could drop by, it has been a while. :)
You were there from my very first drawing, and I'm grateful for your continued support. Thanks a lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assort Dis (Post 4641989)
I-I didn't know you have a thread here even though you have given me advice, I'm sorry :(

Your shadow is really good. I hope you don't mind if I take your arts for reference now :heh:

Thanks for stopping by! :D

You'll need to practice quite a while before the brushes will start to make the shapes you really want, so if you want to get better patience and perseverance is key. And keep finding new good anime pictures to look at for reference.

Tsundere Louise 2013-04-20 03:20

Wow, your fan-arts are lovely. I would love to see more.