AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hanasaku Iroha (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Hanasaku Iroha - Character Discussion - Tsurugi Minko (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103674)

Pellissier 2011-04-26 05:02

Hanasaku Iroha - Character Discussion - Tsurugi Minko

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tsurugi Minko related.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=39070
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Hanasaku Iroha fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

frubam 2011-04-26 07:44

In episode 4, she got what she deserved. She turned down guys left and right, so it was about time she got to experience the same thing. Hopefully this will teach her how it feels to be hurt and will think twice about how to respond to a confession.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pellissier (Post 3587701)
No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts.

Even if the char in question does it all the time :eyebrow:?

felix 2011-04-26 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 3587849)
In episode 4, she got what she deserved. She turned down guys left and right, so it was about time she got to experience the same thing. Hopefully this will teach her how it feels to be hurt and will think twice about how to respond to a confession.

Nope. She’s the “blind lover” type, she won’t see it even if one of the other character tells it to her face. What will happen is she will grow suspicion, and likely jealousy; probably invent a few new curse words in the process.

frubam 2011-04-26 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3587875)
Nope. She’s the “blind lover” type, she won’t see it even if one of the other character tells it to her face. What will happen is she will grow suspicion, and likely jealousy; probably invent a few new curse words in the process.

That is a possibility, but I feel that she won't fall too far into emo territory, esp since i expect next ep, she'll be investigating Tohru and that other girl's relationship. Then Minko will receive Ohana's revitalizing pep speech and start to somewhat show some consideration.

felix 2011-04-26 14:53

Maybe. Good thing for Ohana being there though, otherwise even yandere mode might be possible; then again, the series might go in humor mode again—or should I call it service mode. :heh:

serenade_beta 2011-04-26 17:53

Best character so far.
For one thing, her nickname sounds like "minch", which always amuses me.
Second, her always losing out (kamase-inu-like) is fun to watch.

I can't really say I like her always telling people to die or that stupid "Hobiron" catchphrase, but when the other characters include an unattractive protagonist, an old lady, some... thing... (@Nako), and guys who haven't had decent characterization yet, she just seems the best, through elimination.

Pocari_Sweat 2011-04-26 19:08

She seems like a tsundere to me atm, but what makes different from typical anime tsunderes is that she primarily uses verbal abuse rather than physical abuse in expressing her "tsun" side. She also just tends to walk off whenever she got "caught" redhanded that she is lovestruck with Tooru, rather than denying it like most tsunderes would.

Not really surprising that most people dislike her at this current stage, but I'm sure after some time where she becomes more "dere" peoples opinions will change :p

cry 2011-05-01 12:01

I just can't stand her attitude.
She has personal problems and problems with other people, okay, but why does she have to always yell at people like that. Socialize yourself, damn. She should seriously learn to control her nerves.

ninryu 2011-05-01 12:03

I like her, but she's too crancky.

Koi-miru 2011-05-01 21:13

In my opinion, her relationship with Ohana seems to be completely created from misunderstandings and general difference of timing.

Examples:

ep 1 - Saw Ohana tore off the plants she was growing and then got slapped by the Manager BECAUSE Ohana tried to help with her futon.
(Main problem: In both cases, Ohana had good intentions. But due to the timing of events, both cases caused Minko to hate Ohana)

ep 2 - She messed up with the meal, and just at the same time Ohana decided to make a meal for the staff. Following that, Tohru said that Ohana might suit her job better.
(Main problem: As again, Ohana's intentions were good. But due to timing between events again, it further caused Minko to hate Ohana even more because her opinion of her was already negative from ep 1 and Tohru's praising of Ohana further increased this)

Same thing applies for every single other episode except for ep 5: By which Ohana's actions actually mended their relationship instead of making it a lot more worse.

And now that her relationship with Ohana has taken a turn for the better, I can't wait to see how it'll develop from this stage on.

-------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry (Post 3595273)
She has personal problems and problems with other people, okay, but why does she have to always yell at people like that. Socialize yourself, damn. She should seriously learn to control her nerves.

Would you mind elaborating on this part?

The only person she ever yelled at is Ohana, and that only happened twice throughout the 5 episodes IIRC: Once when Ohana interupted Tohru scolding her in ep 1 and another in the recent episode.
(For the latter case, you can't really blame her for yelling since her emotions must be really chaotic at that moment.)

icatero 2011-05-02 23:01

I don't know why, but there's something I like about her, and she happens to be my favorite character. I usually don't like tsunderes/people always irritable towards the main character (one of the things that bothered me in Tora Dora), but I think once Minko develops a good relationship towards Hana, it'll have been worth all the shi ne/Hobiron-calling.

The scene where she let Hana call her Minchi and gave her the blank wish card was heartwarming for me. :D

taichi-kun 2011-05-24 19:46

After episode 8 , I think she is a bit shy .. I didn't expect that from the princess of the school....

sayde 2011-05-26 04:19

I hope some of you are right about her changing throughout this series. Because I've just finished episode 5, and honestly, despite just getting some more background info on her, and witnessing how she'll gradually start to warm up to Ohana from here on out, I don't feel like any of that completely excuses her from acting like a total b**** up till now. I mean I realize our main female protagonist has done a couple things to accidentally give Minko some trouble earlier on, but from the way I see it, she's done far more things to make it blatantly obvious that she's got nothing but the best intentions in mind and wants nothing more than to be her friend. So yeah...still not really liking her so far. I suppose in hindsight, the way in which she handled that confession at school also didn't do much to sway my impression of her for the better. There's plenty of more mature, appropriate, respectful, and tactful ways of dealing with delicate situations like that. With the little speech she gave and the manner in which she delivered it, she might as well have kicked the poor guy in the nuts and castrated him while she was at it.

*edit*
Since I'm on the subject of the confession she got, it occurred to me that another reason I'm not liking her at all is because I was put off by what she claimed to want out of a boyfriend. IIRC, she said something about wanting a guy "with a sharp tongue, but is actually kind". I read that and couldn't help but immediately equate it to disturbing scenarios of girlfriends and wives who think it's okay to excuse and endure constant verbal & emotional abuse from the men they're with (some of whom can actually be pretty hardworking folks w/ plenty of initiative to spare ironically) just because they believe they're supposedly "kind" and good-natured people on the inside. So here I can't help but feel a sense of resentment towards her tastes on top of everything else.

</end rant>
Okay, now lets see where this goes within the next few eps. I've yet to see an anime featuring a Tsundere character I've come to change my opinion on as the series progresses. Usually, I'll either not mind said tsundere's personality from the very beginning or I'll start out disliking the character and always will. Perhaps this series will prove unique to me in that regard.

icatero 2011-05-26 10:00

I wonder why Nako seems to be the only one (besides the adults) that Minko treats with kindness. She is known for being cold towards virtually everyone at school.

blakstealth 2011-06-29 13:51

They're co-workers and playas in the game. It's a mutual respect kind of thing. And they're friends. :3

icatero 2011-07-07 00:42

I'm hoping we get a bit more on Minko's background soon. I'm interested in the side she showed her parents when she ran away to pursue her dreams, because she always struck me as more rational and obedient.

blakstealth 2011-07-07 07:25

She ran away? Should've expected that one.

icatero 2011-07-07 12:24

I assumed she was an orphan/dropped off like Ohana. :p

Roger Rambo 2011-07-07 12:56

Well she IS going to school. So I don't think you can quite say she's a run away :heh:

blakstealth 2011-07-07 15:04

Runaway or not, she does whatever the hell she wants.

Spoiler: