AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Bonen no Xamdou (Xam'd: Lost Memories) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64315)

MrProphet 2008-03-27 09:11

Bonen no Xamdou (Xam'd: Lost Memories)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manuloz (Post 1489181)
That Bones secret project, Bonen no Zamudo has an HP (source : 2chan)

http://www.xamdou.com/

I suppose it's Xamdou instead of Zamudo we should call it has of now ?

Art looks like Eureka 7/King Gainer meets Narutaru. 8)

Kenichi Yoshida is designing characters?

aardvark 2008-03-27 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1489637)
Art looks like Eureka 7/King Gainer meets Narutaru. 8)

Kenichi Yoshida is designing characters?

unconfirmed

The only staff that is pretty much certain is

Director: Masayuki Miyaji (E7 assistant director)

MrProphet 2008-03-27 09:20

I did read on AOD, though, that Ayumi Kurashima might be character designer (she was animation director on various Eureka 7 and Ouran episodes) and Shigeto Koyama might be mecha/creature designer (he also worked on Eureka and some Gainax and I.G shows).

More info on April 10.

duckroll 2008-03-27 09:23

April 10 = Newtype day. The Xamdou logo looks nice:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...27/afair46.jpg

aardvark 2008-03-27 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1489649)
I did read on AOD, though, that Ayumi Kurashima might be character designer (she was animation director on various Eureka 7 and Ouran episodes) and Shigeto Koyama might be mecha/creature designer (he also worked on Eureka and some Gainax and I.G shows).

More info on April 10.

Yeah, I was discussing those with duckroll. Kurashima is my guess and Shigeto Koyama was mentioned by someone on 2ch, but it would definitely make sense.

I don't think we'll find out anymore until it is fully unveiled in Newtype in another few weeks though.

MrProphet 2008-03-27 09:31

So, is Xamdou their big expensive tentpole project compared to all over stuff they are putting out soon?

Because Soul Eater and Chiko didn't look very monumental or original, I thought they might be putting their backs into this one.

duckroll 2008-03-27 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1489666)
So, is Xamdou their big expensive tentpole project compared to all over stuff they are putting out soon?

Because Soul Eater and Chiko didn't look very monumental or original, I thought they might be putting their backs into this one.

Soul Eater is definitely a big production. It's a year long production, and its backed heavily by Square Enix (to push the manga), Aniplex (TM Revolution, OST, etc), and TV Tokyo (6pm weekday slot, late night uncensored repeat airing). It might not mean much for them artistically, but it's a big money machine.

Chico isn't even really BONES, so we don't have to look too much into that.

Xamdou is probably their big ORIGINAL work this year, but who knows how much budget it'll actually get. BONES originals haven't exactly performed really well of late in terms of sales, etc.

aardvark 2008-03-27 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1489666)

Well, I don't think that they are half assing Soul Eater. They probably want it to be successful, if not quite as much, at least near an FMA level.

But considering this is an original production, AND a mecha show, I'd say Xamdo is probably a pretty important show, creatively, for the studio obviously

MrProphet 2008-03-27 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 1489669)
BONES originals haven't exactly performed really well of late in terms of sales, etc.

It would be rather hilarious if this show got shuffled into another non-sensical timeslot like Saturday mornings at 7:00, or something. 8)

Haohmaru 2008-03-27 09:44

Lets just hope it doesn't turn out to be another failed project like Ayakashi Ayashi.
This does remind me a bit of Eureka Seven. The thing holding the girl, gives off Nirvash vibes.
I can't wait for April 10th for more info. I wonder if there's any connection between E7 and this.

duckroll 2008-03-27 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1489685)
It would be rather hilarious if this show got shuffled into another non-sensical timeslot like Saturday mornings at 7:00, or something. 8)

Ah, that's assuming it airs.... at all. :)

MrProphet 2008-03-27 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 1489688)
Ah, that's assuming it airs.... at all. :)

If Sony is pimping it, then it means they already have the production rolling. Yeah, I know, SonyMusic doesn't mean Aniplex is automatically forking over the money, but it's a good indication...

duckroll 2008-03-27 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1489701)
If Sony is pimping it, then it means they already have the production rolling. Yeah, I know, SonyMusic doesn't mean Aniplex is automatically forking over the money, but it's a good indication...

I wasn't implying it would get canned.... ^^;

Eclipze 2008-03-27 10:05

Thats one hell of a secret project if its airing in 2 week's time (unless that date meant something else).:heh:

7Th 2008-03-27 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1489701)

I'm sure duckroll was hinting at an OVA release.

duckroll 2008-03-27 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipze (Post 1489718)
Thats one hell of a secret project if its airing in 2 week's time (unless that date meant something else).:heh:

The date is when more information will be unveiled, aka the next Newtype's street date. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Th (Post 1489721)
I'm sure duckroll was hinting at an OVA release.

Maybe if FLAG was an OVA...

MrProphet 2008-03-27 13:32

OK, though to my knowledge, BONES never released stand-alone OVAs and only a single stand-alone film (Mukou Hadan). Anyway, this is groundless chatter untill Newtype hits the stands.

By the way, the title 亡念のザムド... "Xamdou of the Dying Wish", "Xamdou of the Perished Desire"?

solomon 2008-03-27 13:42

What is it meant by Chico not being Bones, it's listed on their website. And Koichi Horikawa (a key animator for bones) is doing the character designs and animation direction. It's a team up with Telecom, which welll my god..........

orion 2008-03-27 14:20

And they did a nice job on the trailer for Chico too.

solomon 2008-03-27 18:37

I dont think Bones hasn't had successes with their original shows. It's just that well, theyre otakuish sucesses. And even in the realm of Otaku wins, not everything can be an Eva or even haruhi sized it.

Rahxephon earned a strong enough fanfollowing to earn a theatrical release

I checked Wolf's Rains TV ratings and for a pre Noitamina non-NTV late night anime they werent bad overall.

Eureka Seven earned a following I believe as well, but I think it was from an older audience then the staff wanted.

Ayakashi Ayashi shouldn't have been in doroku slot, nuff said.

If they do well enough on dvd sales and merch tie ins, then i hear generally that's all matters for more niche shows. Few shows these days are really watched by a wide diverse audience these days anyways (both here and in Japan)

As fer Xamdou (that sounds so Tomino-like), i think it'll be a fall show.