AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Aria the Crepusculo (Twilight) - 15th Anniversary Movie Project (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=155219)

Stark700 2020-04-13 22:14

Aria the Crepusculo (Twilight) - 15th Anniversary Movie Project

https://i.imgur.com/QCtEKXm.jpg?1

New Aria TV anime announced. It's coming for next year Winter.

https://twitter.com/ARIATheAVVENIRE/...95369875394561

Proto 2020-04-13 22:25

omfgwtfbbq what is this even going to be about I don't care sorry let me pick up my punctuation I dropped it off since I was so surprised I cant even ''..,,...

Sheba 2020-04-14 00:16

2020 threw a bone at us.

LoweGear 2020-04-14 00:34

This.... in these trying times, this is a MIRACLE :T_T:

MeoTwister5 2020-04-14 00:52

Holy shit.

Just... holy shit. It damn better be Junichi Sato back at the helm.

Dextro 2020-04-14 04:37

YES! YES! Tell me more please! Aria is the absolutely top of SOL and one of my favourite shows of all time. This is fantastic news!

Now I kind of hope it's not a remake but the sequel I've been dreaming for years with Ai-chan as the main character. Avvenire was such a nice short little thing that deserves to be expanded on (they even have 3 main characters ready, it's all properly setup).

LoweGear 2020-04-14 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextro (Post 6412119)
Now I kind of hope it's not a remake but the sequel I've been dreaming for years with Ai-chan as the main character.

So very much this. I want Ai-chan leading the way as the main character of this installment, she deserves more screentime :love:

Nachtwandler 2020-04-14 04:52

It was also announced that Jun'ichi Satou will direct again and that they hired Rina Satou as a new seiyuu for Athena.

Ernietheracefan 2020-04-14 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 6412123)
It was also announced that Jun'ichi Satou will direct again and that they hired Rina Satou as a new seiyuu for Athena.

That just increased the connection between Aria with World Witches, Arknights, & Azur Lane in terms of the VAs.. :D

Dextro 2020-04-14 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 6412121)
So very much this. I want Ai-chan leading the way as the main character of this installment, she deserves more screentime :love:

A man of culture I see :heh:

That would also mean we would get more of long haired adult Akari-chan which is :love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 6412123)

Wonderful news. In Jun'ichi Satou we trust. Also interesting to see they recast Athena (I was wondering if they would do that or just avoid having the character take part as much as possible). Any other news on the rest of the voice cast? Just checking if the VAs for Anya and Azusa are on board to check if this is a sequel or not :heh:

Tenzen12 2020-04-14 06:36

I too hope it will be sequel. Original anime were really wholesome and satisfying journey. And while I don't think there is lot to improve on what we already got, I would like see where this journey can go from that point.

Kanon 2020-04-14 07:16

Words can't describe my happiness.

I'm also hoping it's a sequel. The fact it was posted on the Aria the avvenire account is a good sign, right? The best case scenario would be sequel and occasional flashbacks to adapt chapters from the manga that were skipped (just have Akari tell the stories to Ai). So basically what the Avvenire was.

It's reassuring to know Junichi Satou will be involved, but I'd like to know the extent of Kozue Amano's involvement in this.

Ernietheracefan 2020-04-14 08:47

I hope there will be an Undine song collections.. (Especially Lumis Eterne Rina Sato version..)

Blaat 2020-04-14 13:26

Flabbergasted, had to check twice to make sure it was an actual TV series and not some OVA or other special.

Like others I'm hoping it's a sequel.

Nachtwandler 2020-04-14 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6412149)
It's reassuring to know Junichi Satou will be involved, but I'd like to know the extent of Kozue Amano's involvement in this.

They both chose a new seiyuu for Atena, so she is involved at least to some extent.

Requiem-x 2020-04-14 18:59

My only experience with Aria is the manga, but this is still very good news to me. Finally an aria anime I can follow from the get go.

Like others here, I do hope this new one focuses on Ai-chan, since it is the path that makes the most sense, though I'd like to add I hope we get more Cait Sith.

Proto 2020-04-14 21:58

I amply recommend the ARIA series. It is really good, and it was recently released in the west in full by right stuff

Dextro 2020-04-15 04:07

Like Proto said I strongly recommend the anime as well. The soundtrack in particular is god tier. So soothing!

In other news the website was updated and it looks like it's a new theatrical project (so movies). source

LoweGear 2020-04-15 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextro (Post 6412306)
Like Proto said I strongly recommend the anime as well. The soundtrack in particular is god tier. So soothing!

In other news the website was updated and it looks like it's a new theatrical project (so movies). source

Edit: Now that I think about it, a movie would actually be a good thing, since you know what that means?

The best animation!!! :hyper-^v^:

Kanon 2020-04-15 07:02

A movie? That kind of sucks because that means most of us are going to have to wait an even longer time to see it. And to me the music and voices matter more than the animation for Aria. Although of course if I can get great animation to boot, I'll take it.

I hope the character design will be closer to what it was in the Origination. It was probably my one complaint with the Avvenire.