AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 701 [manga] (No One Piece This Week - 3/11/13) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118222)

SilverSyko 2013-03-06 12:56

Yeah I'm going to have to agree the blind guy is Fujitora too. The design of his face and the fact he's wearing a robe likely to over up his Marine jacket are large hints towards it. It's kind of interesting that he and Luffy are appearing to hit it off. :p

Question is, what was the power he used to create that giant hole? It's likely a devil fruit but it's difficult to make a guess about what it actually is.

Noone's mentioned it yet here, I wonder what that living toy could have meant by "faeries"? Something tells me that may have some importance later on.

And I wonder what's up with Momo and why he's so afraid of flying...

Anyway, Dressrosa is turning out to be a pretty interesting place. Spanish-like culture, living and breathing toys and every women in the country is a yandere. Very "interesting" indeed. :eyespin:

Rainbowman 2013-03-06 12:59

Interesting chapter. Too bad the blind guy wasn't wearing eyepatches which is the only pirate stereotype we've yet to see.

Lummie 2013-03-06 13:07

I'm 100% the new old guy is Fujitora.

- Based on the old Japanese actor who played Zatoichi like the previous 3.
- Has his own round about way of doing things.
-
  • Kizaru got underestimated by some fodder who thought he could shoot him through the head.
  • Aokiji got underestimated for his appearance and personality.
  • Old man got underestimated by his fragile look and impression.

There's some sort of ongoing lookdown on Admirals before they show off their strength and this guy shares that trait with the previous two.

Xellos-_^ 2013-03-06 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 4580084)
Somehow I can't see this character as the new admiral. He just doesn't look this way to me, sitting around gambling and even beeing cheated on. But we will see.

you need to watch more Asian martial movies. the old drunk who gamble and looks like a beggar is usually the most powerful martial artist in the movie.

Dengar 2013-03-06 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 4580160)
you need to watch more Asian martial movies. the old drunk who gamble and looks like a beggar is usually the most powerful martial artist in the movie.

Bonus points if they're also ridiculously jaded and experience very little joy in the world other than really simple things like booze. Does not appear to be the case this time.

The moment we saw he was blind we knew he was gonna be significant.

shalala 2013-03-06 14:26

For some reason I think the blind man DF is from his sword. Because why else would he take it out? or maybe he uses his sword to make the AOE of his power.

Xellos-_^ 2013-03-06 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4580170)
The moment we saw he was blind we knew he was gonna be significant.

Bonus question

Which is more badass, Blind or One-Arm?

ArabianLuffy 2013-03-06 14:42

http://sadpanda.us/images/1451942-1PKW9UZ.png

ellifeedn 2013-03-06 14:54

A friend of mine pointed out that Franky looks like a Rabbi. I cannot unsee it.

aohige 2013-03-06 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 4580243)
Bonus question

Which is more badass, Blind or One-Arm?

Funny you bring that up.
In the movie Hakuouki, the famous one-armed swordmaster Tange Tenzen is played by Ichikawa Raizou.
His rival Yasube is played by none other than Katsu Shintarou.... the man who plays the protagonist blind swordsman Zatoichi in the Zatoichi series.

The same Zatoichi that this Admiral Fujitora is based on.

marvelB 2013-03-06 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrShady (Post 4579877)
Wow what a shit translation.

Yeah, no kidding.... I was especially amused at seeing Green Bit spelled as Green Pit in the translation (and that's despite the map on the same page clearly showing the name Green Bit in English). Panda strikes again! :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by articuzwolf (Post 4579749)
if he really was the rumoured admiral

I wonder, where did he come from in the first place? since we didn't see him as VA or in any other ranks during war at marineford.

and it's kinda hard to believe for an old man that strong just goes unnoticed in Marine's body

dispatch/help from World Goverment perhaps?

My take on it (if he really is Fujitora) is that he was probably something of an underdog before he became an admiral. I mean, the fact that a bunch of thugs were cheating him in gambling may even be an indicator as to how his fellow marines treated him prior to his promotion (ie underestimating him, etc.). If I were to use American media as a comparison, I'd probably say that he's like Columbo or something. ;)

BTW, I was also going to bring up the theory of him having a super-sharpened observation haki, but I see Aohige beat me to it. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4580048)
That being said, isn't Wapol located in the Evil Black Drum Kingdom? And can't he only put life into his toys by eating something already alive and then combining it with other materials? Something as stupid as a dog wouldn't care about being a toy, but I doubt a human would be so easily acceptable of the change...

Mind you, this is also just a theory, but my take on this is that after its discovery, the WG found a way to mass-produce Wapometal without the need to use Wapol's power. And thanks to advancements in technology, they found ways to make the toys move and talk on their own, as well. Heck, I'd even go as far as to say that the toys could be thought of as "simplified" versions of the pacifista, but even I'm not too sure about that one. But my point is that these toys (if they were indeed modeled after Wapol's) could be the result of artificially recreating a DF power's effects (kinda like with the SAD/Smiles)......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4579844)
Blind people always kick ass...whenever a blind man shows up you can be sure he'll be a badass SOB.

Even if his name is..... oh say, Stinkmeaner? :p

Randrak42 2013-03-06 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4580293)
Even if his name is..... oh say, Stinkmeaner? :p

Hell yea, that old man went to hell, came back and kicked everyone's asses till he was exorcised!

Anyway, the possibility of him being the admiral is high...though I'd really love it if he were a Bounty Hunter...we haven't had decent Bounty Hunters since...well Zoro! It's a shame that Oda introduced Bounty Hunters early on but did nothing with them.

randomlex 2013-03-06 16:19

That was my first thought, as well! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArabianLuffy (Post 4580248)

Randrak42 2013-03-06 16:32

PS: Dressrosa...totally Spain, right down to the stabby stabby women.

~Yami~ 2013-03-06 18:28

strategy won't work toward Strawhat.... hahaha

I guess they will destroy the factory and rescue Samurai members accidentally...

while Sunny-guard team will be screwed and forced to join battlefield soon as usual

Robin-Law-Usopp team may be an interesting one in this arc

articuzwolf 2013-03-06 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancs (Post 4579816)
and who could be that 1st Schichibukai who was not mentioned :uhoh:

And what's with that old one o.O

should be someone who cut ex-admiral Z(ephyr) hand

I bet he will cross path with Straw Hat Pirates soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4579685)
I'll just mention that my main interest here isn't Admiral (maybe) Zatoichi, but the living toys. As I indicated in my previous post, I think this may be a result of advances in the technology used in Wapol's toys. I mean, if it's possible to make little robot servants out of Wapometal, then it's no wonder the fat one was able to become a king again! Heck, I'm even wondering if one of the arc bosses will be one of the "stronger" toys.....

it might possess similar technology to weapon infused Devil Fruit as well
since both successfully reanimate inanimate object:twitch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4580293)
My take on it (if he really is Fujitora) is that he was probably something of an underdog before he became an admiral. I mean, the fact that a bunch of thugs were cheating him in gambling may even be an indicator as to how his fellow marines treated him prior to his promotion (ie underestimating him, etc.). If I were to use American media as a comparison, I'd probably say that he's like Columbo or something. ;)

BTW, I was also going to bring up the theory of him having a super-sharpened observation haki, but I see Aohige beat me to it. :heh:

due to his blindness and recent event in the latest chapter

he might be the first admiral to be PRO-Strawhat, considering Aokiji is more in neutral side at the moment

SilverSyko 2013-03-06 19:31

This fellow's lack of sight if he is an Admiral could lead to a very intriguing relationship with the Strawhats. He seems very charmed by Luffy's honesty and willingness to help other people. (And he even called him "onii-san" lulz.) If he could see their faces he'd likely try to arrest Luffy and co. right away no questions asked, but his lack of sight requires him to judge people from their actions and words instead, and Luffy's tend to be pretty selfless for a pirate.

I don't think he'll just abandon his sense of duty towards arresting pirates if he's an Admiral though, there's obviously a reason he'd be so high ranked in that case. It may be something like Coby, allying with them through this arc without really knowing who he's fighting with, and when the reveal comes he'll let them go for the time being for bringing down a threat (Doflamingo and the SMILE factory) but do everything in his power in the future to capture them, albeit with great respect for Luffy.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2013-03-06 19:41

If this blind guy really is Fujitora, perhaps he's also concealing his true identity so as to not attract any unwanted attention or commotion just like the factory destruction & rescue Kanjurou team are doing. And I agree with others in that this guy will have exceptional CoO to compensate for his lack of vision. That hole he made in the ground was truly destructive as well, so this guy is not to be trifled with.

adriankhoo153 2013-03-06 19:51

There is a lady saying the cheating thugs are a shame to Donquixote names. The thugs also saying they earn a lot with Buffalo not around.

Hmm, seems that Donquixote rules at a pretty fair king.

Undertaker 2013-03-06 20:10

That's not really a surprise though, so far, as sadistic as he is and operating underground weapons and slave trades, he seems pretty royal and genuinely cares for those who are with him.

That's the same as the beautiful, kitten-kicking, Hancock. Heck, Moria is the same way, treating his crew well and still grieving over the loss of his crew back in his struggles against Kaidou.

Even Roger, he's known to be merciless to those he deem his enemies.