AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Butagami 2011-01-12 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elo the Blue (Post 3434165)
That's a great shot.

I love beam sabers but the beams look a bit off when it comes to models.

Well, part of is probably because in the animes, the beams are "flowing" (I mean they move constantly) while the effect parts on a model are always static.

@optics. Do you mean you're gonna make it as if it were a real scythe (like the Forbidden)? That would look nice on Ole Grim.

Appel 2011-01-12 14:28

alright guys, i need your help... i cant decide which kit i should get next^^

here is what i have right now:
master grades
aile strike
unicorn
sinanju
strike freedom
exia
00[Q]
shin musha
wing zero custom

no grade
launcher strike
buster

also PG astray, HG ginn high maneuver and real grade gundam

i think ill get one or two master grades this month and definitely deathscythe hell EW next month!

i was thinking about destiny, hyaku-shiki (i just love the gold plated looks of it and ive heard that bandai did a really great job at hiding the nubs from the sprues!), wing gundam, astray blue frame and sword impulse. those kits are in a price range that would allow me to buy 2 of them this month^^ or maybe one more expensive kit like the mg hi nu?
or are there any other recommendations? or maybe i missed a "must have" kit that i just didnt see yet^^

thanks!

edit: it doesnt HAVE to be a master grade of course. recommendations for next month are appreciated as well ;D

optics 2011-01-12 23:24

M video is done!! The one with all of Kira's suits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYwe8VSnb7Y

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3434645)
@optics. Do you mean you're gonna make it as if it were a real scythe (like the Forbidden)? That would look nice on Ole Grim.

Just an idea, probably won't go through with it. Just something I wanted to throw out there that someone else might want to try.

Butagami 2011-01-13 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3435223)
alright guys, i need your help... i cant decide which kit i should get next^^

here is what i have right now:
master grades
aile strike
unicorn
sinanju
strike freedom
exia
00[Q]
shin musha
wing zero custom

no grade
launcher strike
buster

also PG astray, HG ginn high maneuver and real grade gundam

i think ill get one or two master grades this month and definitely deathscythe hell EW next month!

i was thinking about destiny, hyaku-shiki (i just love the gold plated looks of it and ive heard that bandai did a really great job at hiding the nubs from the sprues!), wing gundam, astray blue frame and sword impulse. those kits are in a price range that would allow me to buy 2 of them this month^^ or maybe one more expensive kit like the mg hi nu?
or are there any other recommendations? or maybe i missed a "must have" kit that i just didnt see yet^^

thanks!

edit: it doesnt HAVE to be a master grade of course. recommendations for next month are appreciated as well ;D

For me personally the freedom would be best (not in your list but hey), but going by what others (specifically Syd From Gaijin Gunpla) have said, the Sword Impulse is the best.

Hope this helps!
Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3435928)
M video is done!! The one with all of Kira's suits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYwe8VSnb7Y



Just an idea, probably won't go through with it. Just something I wanted to throw out there that someone else might want to try.

Wow, nice. They're all just decal-ed right? not painted (except the SF and F's wings if i remember correctly). You did some nice poses (I noted all of them, except for the wing suits at the end, hace that "one-leg-stretched-and-one-bended" pose for the legs :P) and I loved hearing all the OP's from the animes.

Shame for the scythe if you don't do it, I'd have loved to see that.

BTW, I LOL'ed when Rhytm Emotion started at the end.

optics 2011-01-13 05:59

@Appel
The Strike Freedom is a great kit. Goes great with the Aile Strike.

I haven't built the Unicorn or Sinanju, but if you get one of those, you might as well get the other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3436225)
Wow, nice. They're all just decal-ed right? not painted (except the SF and F's wings if i remember correctly). You did some nice poses (I noted all of them, except for the wing suits at the end, hace that "one-leg-stretched-and-one-bended" pose for the legs :P) and I loved hearing all the OP's from the animes.

Shame for the scythe if you don't do it, I'd have loved to see that.

BTW, I LOL'ed when Rhytm Emotion started at the end.

Yup, all decal-ed, not painted. Didn't paint the SF and F's wings. I really didn't like that clip with Lacus and both Freedoms, but I threw it in cuz I already recorded. As for the ending, yeah, thats my next gunpla video.

Appel 2011-01-13 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3436225)
For me personally the freedom would be best (not in your list but hey), but going by what others (specifically Syd From Gaijin Gunpla) have said, the Sword Impulse is the best.

Hope this helps!

ive heard that, too! so i will probably get the sword impulse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3436270)
@Appel
The Strike Freedom is a great kit. Goes great with the Aile Strike.

I haven't built the Unicorn or Sinanju, but if you get one of those, you might as well get the other.

true, the strike freedom is great^^ not exactly my favorite kit but it was the first one ive built so it is a little special for me XD

the sinanju and the unicorn are awesome. i have them posed together and they look amazing in my living room!

Butagami 2011-01-13 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3436270)
@Appel
The Strike Freedom is a great kit. Goes great with the Aile Strike.

I haven't built the Unicorn or Sinanju, but if you get one of those, you might as well get the other.



Yup, all decal-ed, not painted. Didn't paint the SF and F's wings. I really didn't like that clip with Lacus and both Freedoms, but I threw it in cuz I already recorded. As for the ending, yeah, thats my next gunpla video.

Then I mistook you for someone els who also showed pics of those two...
As for your next vid: Are you gonna wait until the new Ver. Ka. kits come out (D-Hell and Shenlong) and is the Anime version Wing also a contender?

Edit: A few pages back I said I was going to buy a HG Zabanya. I've changed my mind and went for a NG 1/100 Dynames instead. It'll come in at the end of the month, can't wait!

optics 2011-01-13 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3436290)
true, the strike freedom is great^^ not exactly my favorite kit but it was the first one ive built so it is a little special for me XD

the sinanju and the unicorn are awesome. i have them posed together and they look amazing in my living room!

aha I misread your list. I looked at it as what you want, not what you have.

Anyways, that Sword Impulse is definitely the way to go. I don't have it myself, but its probably the best looking suit that Shinn piloted. I love the design and colors. Destiny looked terrible to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3436312)
Then I mistook you for someone els who also showed pics of those two...

Same guy actually:

Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3400812)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3400715)
That Freedom, Did you paint it or does it really look taht good out of the box?

The only thing I painted were the thrusters in the back for both, which aren't visible. Other than that, everything is original. It could be the lighting... IDK.

Painted the back thrusters, but not the wings. The thrusters were blue, had to paint them red.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3436312)
As for your next vid: Are you gonna wait until the new Ver. Ka. kits come out (D-Hell and Shenlong) and is the Anime version Wing also a contender?

I'm just gonna do the Ver. Ka suits. I want to look at it as 2 down, 3 to go ($150). Not, 2 down, 8 to go.($400).

Appel 2011-01-13 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3436922)
aha I misread your list. I looked at it as what you want, not what you have.

Anyways, that Sword Impulse is definitely the way to go. I don't have it myself, but its probably the best looking suit that Shinn piloted. I love the design and colors. Destiny looked terrible to me.

yeah, everyone is reporting how awesome this kit is so ill definitely get that!
any other recommendations?

loon1688 2011-01-14 02:17

BB 00 Qan[T] Gundam
This year 1st kit....
BB 00 Qan[T] Gundam....
many BB i had built but this 1 is better.... nonit paint many parts...hehe...
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a..._6429559_n.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a..._2243839_n.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a..._4975245_n.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a..._1191370_n.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...6_522703_n.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a..._1029606_n.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a..._5189039_n.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a..._1133591_n.jpg

bio9205 2011-01-14 02:24

That's cute. I may consider getting it. Are there pictures of an unpainted version?

loon1688 2011-01-14 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3437585)
That's cute. I may consider getting it. Are there pictures of an unpainted version?

nope.... it's already paint.....:D

Butagami 2011-01-14 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3436922)
aha I misread your list. I looked at it as what you want, not what you have.

Anyways, that Sword Impulse is definitely the way to go. I don't have it myself, but its probably the best looking suit that Shinn piloted. I love the design and colors. Destiny looked terrible to me.



Same guy actually:



Painted the back thrusters, but not the wings. The thrusters were blue, had to paint them red.



I'm just gonna do the Ver. Ka suits. I want to look at it as 2 down, 3 to go ($150). Not, 2 down, 8 to go.($400).

Then I remembered it almost correctly :P And that method is way cheaper (buying 10 MG's ouch that's pricy)

As for Destiny, the colors were dull but those wings! :bow:

Can you put all striker-packs on a single strike? You know, right shoulder Launcher, left for sword and Aile on the back (no gun/shield)

duotiga 2011-01-14 09:36

done 2nd harute in flight mode...is big for a hg...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...83/haruteF.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...3/haruteF0.jpg

pumpkins 2011-01-14 10:30

[/QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by loon1688 (Post 3437581)

what did you use to prop up the sword bits? anything fancy or just blu-tack? :confused::D

Appel 2011-01-14 13:48

does anyone know where i can get the gatlings for the MG unicorn ver.ka? i know that they were sold with volume 4 of gundam unicorn and i found them custom made of metal at tatsu hobby but they are pretty darn expensive there... i dont want to blow 40 bucks including shipping for 2 miniguns :P

optics 2011-01-14 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3437726)
Can you put all striker-packs on a single strike? You know, right shoulder Launcher, left for sword and Aile on the back (no gun/shield)

Yeah, its possible. Dalong.net has a pic of it:

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m108/p/m108_171.jpg

astranagun 2011-01-15 13:56

Not exactly a Gundam model but it used gundam pieces

Jehuty

Kuroi Hadou 2011-01-15 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by astranagun (Post 3439781)
Not exactly a Gundam model but it used gundam pieces

Jehuty

That actually looks pretty good.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-01-15 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by astranagun (Post 3439781)
Not exactly a Gundam model but it used gundam pieces

Jehuty

Awesome stuff. I can make out Exia, 00 Qan(T), Garazzo and Harute. Have no idea what kitīs made the head and torso, though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.