AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny General Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48636)

overthere! 2007-06-03 21:34

Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny General Discussion Thread

Somebody told me that Gundam Seed was supposed to be a three part series. Did the producers scrap that project? After GSD, should the series RIP? I can understand though, since GSD was a big disappointment, both in storyline and quality.

Nightengale 2007-06-03 21:38

Movie = Part 3.

And no, contrary to popular belief that GSD flopped and is hated by everyone everywhere, GSD is selling damn well to the demographic target audience that matters.

Tak 2007-06-03 21:44

And here I have no idea where the slightest suggestion of how "GSD was a big disappointment" came from. Seriously now, aside from a very small minority, GSD is bloody popular amongst serious and casual Gundam fans.

- Tak

Zertz 2007-06-03 21:47

To be honest, it seems that saying "GSD was a big disappointment" is the 'cool' thing to do these days.

Monkey D. Luffy 2007-06-03 22:08

It seems im in the small demographic that thought it was alright.

maymay 2007-06-03 22:19

GSD wasnt that bad honestly. I was a little disapointed with all the flashbacks and the way Shins character was developed but it was alright. So the third part of the seed trilogy would be the movie?

thephreak 2007-06-03 22:23

i thought GSD should have been done way better, but i still enjoy it. although i really disliked Shin and Yamato the way they were portrayed. and the "new" mechs weren't that exciting (or unique for that matter). if the movie is gonna be the end of CE, then i am praying they let it go out on a high note

wingdarkness 2007-06-03 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by overthere! (Post 976775)
Somebody told me that Gundam Seed was supposed to be a three part series. Did the producers scrap that project? After GSD, should the series RIP? I can understand though, since GSD was a big disappointment, both in storyline and quality.

It was intended to be a trilogy, but despite the popularity of SEED with bishie-clamoring 12-15 year old Japanese girls (Who I assume Tak is referring to when he says "serious" Gundam fans :rolleyes:) critical acclaim does mean something (See Code Geass) and if it doesn't than the in-fighting rumored amoungst GSD's staff must of meant something, or maybe Fukuda calling GSD the single most disappointing work of his entire career meant something...But I guess people just cherrypicked the quote "GSD was a big disappointment" as said :uhoh:...

I'd say the fact there is no 3rd series when C.E. was suppose to be taking on the UC mantle is as telling as it is revealing...The fact it was never meant to just be another AU and by all accounts IS, is also telling...As it's been crammed down my throat that Fukuda and his wife are superior when it comes to OVA's I'll be expecting a good-a$$ SEED movie that entertains girl sleepover parties aswell as general fans (Hilarious that's what I am based on the defense, a general fan of Gundam, too rich xD)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale
And no, contrary to popular belief that GSD flopped and is hated by everyone everywhere, GSD is selling damn well to the demographic target audience that matters.

Glad to hear you standing as one voice with pre-teen girls who vote Kira and Lacus "Nuumbaa 1" in every Newtype poll... "GSD is doing great because it's selling to it's demographic?" Yep your right, almost as if I type that out for my computer to answer me...

overthere! 2007-06-03 23:49

Well, I liked GSD as well but it didnt give me the excitement that GS gave me. I was hoping they'd make another 50 episode extension of the whole storyline since I enjoyed it so much. Thanks for the answers!

D-KLAC 2007-06-04 01:52

but i still have feelings that there might be a 3rd season.

but also i think that there need to lots of thinking for the story of season 3 of gs.

aeriolewinters 2007-06-04 01:53

Please Gelven, for your own sake... watch something else...

And I'm not kidding

D-KLAC 2007-06-04 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriolewinters (Post 977069)
Please Gelven, for your own sake... watch something else...

And I'm not kidding

wait a minute how you know it's me from hero tv forum?

like i've to klac something to help gs?!

aeriolewinters 2007-06-04 03:16

I don't know, Let's just say... I have two good friends....and the way you kiss Fuckuda's is so nostalgic...

D-KLAC 2007-06-04 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriolewinters (Post 977159)
I don't know, Let's just say... I have two good friends....and the way you kiss Fuckuda's is so nostalgic...

and let me guess there on hero tv forum or GSR?

besides i'm a fan of Kira Lacus Athrun Cagalli especially on LACUS & CAGALLI.

besides i've been on gs since 04.

Eidolon Sniper 2007-06-04 04:36

^^^Can't help it if one succumbs to SEED-dom...XD

But too much of something is always bad...

aeriolewinters 2007-06-04 04:44

Correction Snipy, It's SEED-dumb... He's actually sniffing Lacus-dust...

srb 2007-06-04 05:08

Now now, behave people! Besides, SEED's all right.

But I just can't figure out why someone would seriously like Destiny except out of sheer fanboyism or 4tran-esque super (over?)analysis of it - the story's relatively chaotic, the action and battle sequences are laaaaaaaaaaaame, the character relationships are for the most part jumbled together and make little sense.

Also, for all we know they are planning a third SEED show after the movie, using the movie as a stepping stone to prepare for it - a third SEED show after Destiny would consist pretty much of everyone sitting around and doing nothing lest they're smacked down for endangering the peace of the world (oh no!).

Zenemis 2007-06-04 06:54

I always thought the moral of SEED was -

"It doesn't matter who's right or wrong, as long as you have the gr8est giant robot..."

Granted a showdown between lead Gundams is a tradition, but it always gets me thinking the above.

overthere! 2007-06-04 10:15

What's the current release date for the new movie? I thought it was one of those already released movies.

srb 2007-06-04 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by overthere! (Post 977581)
What's the current release date for the new movie? I thought it was one of those already released movies.

Those are just the series compacted into movie form. The movie is a brand-new feature film set for 2008.