AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Code Geass Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=40152)

Catgirls 2006-12-13 11:24

Code Geass Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Code Geass, Episode 10!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Shiroth 2006-12-13 11:25

Code Geass episode 10 = Ultimate love.

I can see this being one of the best episodes to date. The preview and Newtype scans shall explain what i mean.

Darkeyesrina 2006-12-13 11:47

It is going to be a good episode, I don't have any doubts about that, but I don't think we will have the Lancelot vs Crimson Lotus fight until ep. 11, maybe a little show&cliffhanger at the end of 10.

Sirmackerel 2006-12-13 16:48

Yeah, I'm not expecting the climactic clash until episode 11.

Shiroth 2006-12-13 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirmackerel (Post 768226)
Yeah, I'm not expecting the climactic clash until episode 11.

Did i ever say i was expecting it for episode 10?

Its the build up in episode 10 that i'm looking forward to. The battle in a bonus~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirmackerel
I was agreeing with darkeyesrina; I didn't intend to take a jab at you or anything.

You've taken what i said the wrong way - no need to. :3

Sirmackerel 2006-12-13 17:11

I was agreeing with darkeyesrina; I didn't intend to take a jab at you or anything.

EDIT: Alright, glad that's been clarified. :)

Deathkillz 2006-12-13 17:35

oh dam? i want to see the action now!? T_T ahh well cliff hangers are fun to get the blood boiling ~ would be interesting to see where kallen gets her new toy :D

The-Ghost 2006-12-13 19:15

10's out already?

dagr81 2006-12-13 19:24

this like this anime alot, Why i have no idea, but its not your typical anime.
hoping 10 is better and they don't lose that apeal the sho has

sakutsuki 2006-12-13 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Ghost (Post 768326)
10's out already?

Tomorrow (thursday)... Can't wait =0=

The-Ghost 2006-12-13 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakutsuki (Post 768345)
Tomorrow (thursday)... Can't wait =0=

me niether but i saw this threat and did a search to find it and could so i had a WTF? moment

Renegade334 2006-12-14 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Ghost (Post 768348)
me niether but i saw this threat and did a search to find it and could so i had a WTF? moment

Animesuki mods always post the episode discussion thread a day or two early so that we can share our expectations of the yet unaired ep then compare afterwards with how it turned out.

As for the build-up thingy, I guess ep10 will end with either Suzaku and Kallen in a Mexican standoff, staring out at each other but neither attacking yet or simply Cornelia ordering her subordinates to charge and the wipe the rebels out of Japan.

FSNxPhantom 2006-12-14 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade334 (Post 768582)
As for the build-up thingy, I guess ep10 will end with either Suzaku and Kallen in a Mexican standoff, staring out at each other but neither attacking yet or simply Cornelia ordering her subordinates to charge and the wipe the rebels out of Japan.

I doubt Cornelia will do anything about the rebellion in that episode cause she said that she would leave them alone for now and do something else. Like everyone else, I am expecting alot from this episode.

Crimson Lotus v. Lancelot = Very nice (It had better be whether in this episode at all)
I want Lotus to defeat Lancelot to make sure it isn't THAT overpowered (GS/GSD, you guys know what I'm talking about)

Renegade334 2006-12-14 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSNxPhantom (Post 768871)
I doubt Cornelia will do anything about the rebellion in that episode cause she said that she would leave them alone for now and do something else.

Except that if the situation involves Cornelia locating then surrounding the JLF and then Lelouch barging in, it would mean the end of the mutual cease-fire - simple as that. He outlived his reprieve by directly and deliberately interfering with Cornelia's business. And she's clearly not idiot enough to offer her cheek for Zero to slap under the pretense that she owes him one. She'll consider his involvement as a challenge/provocation and the re-start of hostilities between them. Even if he saved Euphemia, he still killed Clovis. And he's been stirring up trouble hither and yon. That is reason enough not to hold back and lose oneself in self-righteous thoughts about fair-play.

EDIT:
Ep10 screenshots:

Spoiler:

Only a few pics right now. Seems like they received the CL-2 before even going to help the JLF. I guess they're going to haul it all the way up to the rebel hideout...?

EDIT 2:
And Cornelia indeed leads the wipeout operation - while Euphemia stays in the command (C4I or whatnot) room. Lancelot's not up yet but Cecil and Lloyd seem to be discussing something.

Uh-oh. Uh-oh.
Spoiler for BIG spoiler:

CronuZ 2006-12-14 12:02

lol Orange-kun went OMGWTFBBQ mode XD

As for why Lulu didn't kill Yuffie, I think theres an even bigger reason/plot why he didn't...

Too bad the episode have to end in such a bad timing ... :S oh well, thats wat kept the fans wanting for more XD

Renegade334 2006-12-14 12:16

Well, I think his first priority was to regain his honor, climb back the echelons of military/social hierarchy and secure again his former position as Margrave, although Cornelia's flunkies are more eligible for such a task (with the suspicion of treason going around) than he'd ever be. So his judgment was, IMO, clouded by both his ambition and the humiliation he'd suffered from lately.

evil|plushie 2006-12-14 12:16

Spoiler:

Renegade334 2006-12-14 12:22

Errr...the screenshots show him using his Geass eye a few minutes prior to removing his helmet, so one'd wonder whether he truly revealed himself to those around...otherwise there'd be scshots showing Kallen's OMGWTFBBQ face at realizing who Zero truly was. No, I believe he Geassed the soldiers into giving him some rest then went to find C.C. while the BKs remained out of sight and earshot.

Oh, btw, seems like there is a second thread up on 2chan. Alternate screenshots up there, too.

evil|plushie 2006-12-14 12:27

True, but he reveals himself a lot in this entire episode. which is more than anything he's ever done.

Renegade334 2006-12-14 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil|plushie (Post 769009)
True, but he reveals himself a lot in this entire episode. which is more than anything he's ever done.

Well, the only moment so far where he openly went out helmetless was when he talked to C.C. As for the two soldiers in the background, well, I'll reiterate what I said earlier on about his prior use of his Power of Geass. I'll assume they're Geassed to play on like automatons.
When he addresses the BKs he has his helmet back, which means that either 1°) he's afraid there's an enemy sharpshooter or recon soldier up and about and he wants to conceal his identity to the very end despite the fact that he's well inside the JLF's fief.
2°) the BKs still don't know his true face.

The rest of the ep is spent inside his KF with no outward video feed from him. In other words, he could remove his helmet without revealing his identity.

EDIT:
next ep preview
Spoiler: