AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112966)

D-KLAC 2012-09-24 10:18

yea 3rd time around for whole lelouch-kallen & lawrence-holo this time as hero & demon queen?

give still wonder if say lelouch is alive?

FlareKnight 2012-09-24 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4366912)
Spice and wolf season 3, HERE WE GO!

I so want season 3 for that show :heh:.

Tiberium Wolf 2012-09-24 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bastek66 (Post 4318143)

Fuck! Major turn off the characters art... I prefer the version with ISHIDA Akira art.

FRS 2012-09-25 02:34

I am still wondering how much will they be able to cover.

Lexxus 2012-09-25 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4366912)
Spice and wolf season 3, HERE WE GO!

Please, please, please. I want a season 3!

Oopps. I'm being off-topic here:heh:

willx 2012-09-25 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf (Post 4367471)
Fuck! Major turn off the characters art... I prefer the version with ISHIDA Akira art.

Aw man, I was hoping for that one too.. I have also noticed at each of the mangas are slightly different.. Wonder which one it'll follow?

Coldlight 2012-09-25 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by willx (Post 4368211)
Aw man, I was hoping for that one too.. I have also noticed at each of the mangas are slightly different.. Wonder which one it'll follow?

Wouldn't it follow the original light novels? The many manga versions are adaptations of the novels, after all.

Cyprene 2012-09-25 23:23

The original light novels are 3000 (standard size) pages long. The book comes in a special, oversized version that I don't think I've ever seen a fiction book come in before, let alone a light novel. And worse, it's ALL DIALOGUE. So no, I don't think a strict adaptation is really going to work here.

There's a lot they could cut. Most of the scenes with Young Merchant and his currency manipulation could be tossed or described in the background, and they could certainly cut the parts about making the muskets... and training the people to use the muskets. And feeding the people who use the muskets. And the effects of muskets on regional political stability. And the tactics you use when you've got muskets. Or when you're fighting muskets. Or how you can make a better version of the musket and what you can do with that.

Come to think of it, if they cut those two things out and kept Architect student and Minstrel student in the background, they could probably do it in 26.

Sheba 2012-09-26 04:32

They may cut the musket stuff? I'll be sad, because it's been a while we have seen a medieval setting moving into gunpowder era.

Cyprene 2012-09-26 04:51

Well they couldn't cut it out of the books entirely without rewriting the whole last act. But they could cut the endless, endless scenes talking about the things I listed. There were at least 2-300 pages spent talking about musket tactics and their geopolitical effects. If I was going to cut something it would be the first place I'd start.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-09-26 04:52

Dang, Maou and her crimson pool of moe eyes, THEY KEEP DRAWING ME IN! IT'S LIKE AN EYE TECHNIQUE THAT'S NOT EMO OR ANGSTY!

LoweGear 2012-09-26 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 4369365)
Dang, Maou and her crimson pool of moe eyes, THEY KEEP DRAWING ME IN! IT'S LIKE AN EYE TECHNIQUE THAT'S NOT EMO OR ANGSTY!

Maou: Watashi, Kininarimasu!

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Cyprene 2012-09-26 10:06

I hope the anime does well, honestly, but I think it's gonna be a terribly hard sell. How do you even explain this thing? I've tried several times to get across why it's good, and I can barely get a plot summary out without making it sound like someone slipped Paul Krugman hallucinogenics and made him play Dragon Warrior.

"Well you see there's a Hero, and there's a Demon King, and the Hero goes to fight the Demon King, but instead it turns out she's actually an economist, and the Demon King hands him a raft of papers and graphs that proves that if he kills her it will actually cause human civilization to collapse..."
"Do these people have names?"
"That is their names. Hero and Demon King."
"Why do they not have names?"
"Because they're archetypes. By appealing to universally known figures you can shortcut the process of describing them. That's important because there's no narrative or description, the entire thing is just dialogue."
"It's just dialogue?"

And usually the conversation kind of dies out there.

LystAP 2012-09-26 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyprene (Post 4369108)
The original light novels are 3000 (standard size) pages long. The book comes in a special, oversized version that I don't think I've ever seen a fiction book come in before, let alone a light novel. And worse, it's ALL DIALOGUE. So no, I don't think a strict adaptation is really going to work here.

There's a lot they could cut. Most of the scenes with Young Merchant and his currency manipulation could be tossed or described in the background, and they could certainly cut the parts about making the muskets... and training the people to use the muskets. And feeding the people who use the muskets. And the effects of muskets on regional political stability. And the tactics you use when you've got muskets. Or when you're fighting muskets. Or how you can make a better version of the musket and what you can do with that.

Come to think of it, if they cut those two things out and kept Architect student and Minstrel student in the background, they could probably do it in 26.

Speaking of which, did anyone translate the entire light novel series? I found aspects of the first chapters, but beyond that only the mangas offer the rest of the story.

kuroishinigami 2012-09-26 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyprene (Post 4369639)
I hope the anime does well, honestly, but I think it's gonna be a terribly hard sell. How do you even explain this thing? I've tried several times to get across why it's good, and I can barely get a plot summary out without making it sound like someone slipped Paul Krugman hallucinogenics and made him play Dragon Warrior.

"Well you see there's a Hero, and there's a Demon King, and the Hero goes to fight the Demon King, but instead it turns out she's actually an economist, and the Demon King hands him a raft of papers and graphs that proves that if he kills her it will actually cause human civilization to collapse..."
"Because they're archetypes. By appealing to universally known figures you can shortcut the process of describing them. That's important because there's no narrative or description, the entire thing is just dialogue."
"It's just dialogue?"

Well, they could make it like the manga version where they add a little bit of action and make it like spice and wolf, which is also an anime mostly filled with dialogue.

FRS 2012-09-27 06:59

Quote:

"It's just dialogue?"

I suppose the production group know that the serie have limited appeal (compared to a more traditional serie), if the serie sell, it will be on the dialogues and characters interactions, not unlike Spice and Wolf.

Insane 2012-09-27 22:36

Quote:

"It's just dialogue?"

Probably they'll make it in Onii-ai format, since that one also filled with a bunch of dialogues.

mangatron 2012-09-30 07:34

Someone please tell me they were able to catch Meat Day yesterday, I was so pre-occupied that my day ended with me sleeping halfway into the latest Code Geass release :upset::heh:

Nowhere online that I've searched has it, and it's practically non-existent on the main site :bash:

Kakkou 2012-09-30 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 4375250)
Someone please tell me they were able to catch Meat Day yesterday, I was so pre-occupied that my day ended with me sleeping halfway into the latest Code Geass release :upset::heh:

Nowhere online that I've searched has it, and it's practically non-existent on the main site :bash:

Here you go:

Westlo 2012-09-30 07:39

Quote:

"It's just dialogue?"

Don't worry man, this is Studio ARMs baby, I doubt they'll do just dialogue.....